The Voice Of Ireland

unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone watching it?

They're starting the Live Shows next week.

The teams are:

Team Kian
Sharon Gaynor
Kyle Kennedy
Graham Dowling
Elliot Canavan Doyle :D
Jim Devine
Liam Geddes

Team Sharon
Kevin Keeley
Kim Hayden
Fauve Chapman
Kellie Blaise :D
Nollaig O'Connor :D
Vanessa Whelan

Team Brian
Sinead Fox :D<3
Claire O'Loughlin
Richie Hayes
Alan Fitzsimons
Brendan Keeley
Ryan O'Shaugnessy

Team Bressie
Pat Byrne
Kiera Byrne
Gari Deegan
Jessica Pritzell
Conor Quinn :D
Gavin Kenny

Majorly missing Onya Gray (Sharon), Kate Gilmore (Bressie), Christina Foran (Kian) and Stephen Griffin (Kian) though.

TBH, Brian's team aren't great but Kian made some awful decisions infact I pretty much preferred the act he sent home each time

Comments

• AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conor and Jessica are my favourites... Loved her version of "Billie Jean"!
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Yep I'm watching, have to catch up on the last battle round show, but thoroughly enjoying it!
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed Ali B, her and Kate did a hauntingly beautiful rendition of My Immortal, I wish both could have went through :(

Love Sinead, Conor, Kellie, Jessica and also like Graham and Elliot oh and Kiera although I really don't want Kian's team to win because he's shown that all he cares about is his ego with the way he spoke to some of his own contestants and to the others.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conor and Jessica are my favourites... Loved her version of "Billie Jean"!

I love Conor too, he's my favourite!

Also really like Sinead and Elliot (although Elliot's battle was crap)
  • AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Conor too, he's my favourite!

Also really like Sinead and Elliot (although Elliot's battle was crap)

You like Elliot?... He sounds like Kermit the Frog to me! :p:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

elliot and conor are my favourites! i'm delighted they got through but boo, now i'm going to have to watch the live shows! did you see elliot's audition AliBaba? his voice sometimes reminds me of the singer from two door cinema club. i love him!! and conor of course :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love so many.

Love Jessica, Sinead, Fauve, Kellie, Elliot and Conor in particular.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Jessica's voice is THAT good, I much preferred the little blonde girl she battled against.

How do the lives work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He does a bit, I suppose :p but I still adore his performance style and really enjoy listening to him!
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish UK viewers got to see it.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First live show was decent. Some of the acts were quite dull, but 12 acts in an hour and a half, wow take note X Factor please !

Conor Quinn is my favourite by a country mile, I also liked Jessica, Pat and Richie tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourites were Conor, Claire, Sinead and Kiera. Jessica and Pat were great too.

Think Gari and Gavin could be at risk for Bressie, Brendan and perhaps Ryan at risk for Brian although Jessica may not go down well with the girls
  • bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was quite disappointed with the show tonight. I didn't think the sound was great even though it sounds fine for Royseven now.
    Love Sinéad but she sounded quite out of tune particularly at the beginning of the song.
    The songs are way too short (and the choices were a bit strange), though that probably is due to time restraints and amount of contestants.
    My favourites were Conor, Claire and Pat. Thought Richie was good too.
    Sorry for being negative but I was looking forward to it all day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Favourites were Conor, Claire, Sinead and Kiera. Jessica and Pat were great too.

Think Gari and Gavin could be at risk for Bressie, Brendan and perhaps Ryan at risk for Brian although Jessica may not go down well with the girls

I didn't like Jessica purely due to her voice. I think she's a a stunning girl and I never hold grudges against girls just if they're pretty. Such a bad stereotype!
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We didn't really hear much about who chose their songs, or their styling. The girl in that long white dress with gold on one side looked far too overdressed compared to the others
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm laughing at all the press rubbish this weekend with Jessie J et al saying The Voice is different and the music industry needs it. Based on The Voice of Ireland which has degenerated into a panto, it's going to be the most mediocre of all the talent shows.

The first week or two was a novelty with the blind auditions, but as the weeks go by, focusing exclusively on "the voice" crushes any creative
    development for the artists, resulting in a milky MOR confection. I can't see the BBC version being much different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like Jessica purely due to her voice. I think she's a a stunning girl and I never hold grudges against girls just if they're pretty. Such a bad stereotype!

Oh I know but vocally she wasn't any worse than Gari or Gavin and you do find that a lot of girls do tend to not be keen on other girls who are pretty especially not against a popular male act, prime example is the way the likes of Rebecca Ferguson and Geneva Lane were treated on Twitter when they were with Zayn from One Direction
    Forum Member
    Second live show was brilliant I thought. I didn't realise how strong Kian's team was before seeing it. The coaches performance of Wake Up was fantastic, as was Bressie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump.

Is anyone still watching? :) Looking forward to the quarter finals tonight, though am a bit gutted Elliot and Nollaig weren't kept
    Forum Member
    Bump.

Is anyone still watching? :) Looking forward to the quarter finals tonight, though am a bit gutted Elliot and Nollaig weren't kept

Same, I was a fan of both of them, but Sharon is fantastic too. I was a bit iffy on Kim, though she's probably the most improved contestant. It's hard to see past a Conor/Pat win at this stage, I'd be happy with either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.

I'm loving it but totally agree about Elliot and Nollaig, especially Elliot :(

I really wonder why Jim Devine keeps getting through, he seems so average to me.

Conor to win!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    Same, I was a fan of both of them, but Sharon is fantastic too. I was a bit iffy on Kim, though she's probably the most improved contestant. It's hard to see past a Conor/Pat win at this stage, I'd be happy with either.

I am a fan of Sharon's but Kian's choices have been annoying me lately. The past two weeks he's named Graham and Elliot as his favourites and then sent them home? Bit stupid. It's definitely going to be interesting seeing which one of Conor/Pat will get in the final as they seem to be the two most popular contestants. I'm rooting for Conor!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conor to win for Bressie's team, prefer Kiera to Pat. Don't like any of Brian's team, ironically and cruelly my favourites of Brian's Live Show Team were Ryan, Claire and Sinead. Love Vanessa and quite like Kim but wanted Fauve, Kellie and Nollaig to go further. Only like Sharon in Team Kian now, did like Elliot and Graham.
  • bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding the voting system so annoying now:mad:
    Alan has been saved from bottom 2, 3 times and Sharon was saved again this week after being in the bottom 2 last week. It's awful that Pat and Conor can't both be in the final while others who are much weaker can be there.
    Looking at the final 8 in comparision to the teams at the beginning of the live shows, I think the results are quite disappointing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else finding it all a little bit....blah and meh?

Been watching a few of the other countries shows and it seems theres more life in them! from the judges to the audience! On the Irish one they just sit there.

Kathryn isn't doing the best job, and dont get me started on the Engine room. It doesn't flow well. I hope they change things in Series 2.