The end of Bad Wolf ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
Forum Member
Hello pussy cats,

Had a we thought yesterday . . .and it was not very nice . . .

But . . .

Could the Dr Played by John Hurt . . . .

Destroy the Bad Wolf . . .

Destroy Rose Tyler ?

Could that be the secret , , ,

The secret that The Dr has always been running from ?

ooh,

Spoi Leurs .................................... :D

Comments

• johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    If that was the case, if the Doctor has 'always' been running from that, then the later Doctors would know all about Bad Wolf and who Rose is.

I suppose, through complicated plot mechanics, he could be running from something without knowing what it was. But that wouldn't be the Doctor's secret.
  • W._O._FrobozzW._O._Frobozz Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Why do fans make everything come back to Rose Tyler?

Bad Wolf was done at the end of Eccleston's tenure. Davies needlessly and nonsensically brought it back in season 4's "Turn Left" without explanation...and then dropped it like a bad idea (for even worse ideas in the next episode, but I digress).

But I guess it's inevitable since the 50th poster has those bloody words on it again.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Bad Wolf was done at the end of Eccleston's tenure. Davies needlessly and nonsensically brought it back in season 4's "Turn Left" without explanation.

It had a perfect explanation. As Rose figured out in The Parting of the Ways, Bad Wolf was a link between her and The Doctor. "Bad Wolf here, and Bad Wolf there". That link was severed after the events of Doomsday.

Bad Wolf showing up in Turn Left showed that that link was there once again, because the walls of reality were breaking down and Rose was coming back. The link presumably persisted until Rose was sealed off once again in Journey's End.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he could be running from something without knowing what it was.

Maybe he doesn't need to, maybe it's himself and The Doctor just wants to say something to himself.

Other Doctor- Hey wait, I just want to......
    The Doctor- La la, can't hear you...
    Other Doctor-You don't need to run anymore!
    The Doctor- You mean, it's all ok?
    Other Doctor- Yes, all sorted, forgiven, forgotten, oh, you need to thank your friends when you see them next.
    The Doctor- Which friends?
    Other Doctor- All of them, a little thanks goes a long way.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    It had a perfect explanation. As Rose figured out in The Parting of the Ways, Bad Wolf was a link between her and The Doctor. "Bad Wolf here, and Bad Wolf there". That link was severed after the events of Doomsday.

Bad Wolf showing up in Turn Left showed that that link was there once again, because the walls of reality were breaking down and Rose was coming back. The link presumably persisted until Rose was sealed off once again in Journey's End.

Good explaination, I'll go along with that.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Why do fans make everything come back to Rose Tyler?

Bad Wolf was done at the end of Eccleston's tenure. Davies needlessly and nonsensically brought it back in season 4's "Turn Left" without explanation...and then dropped it like a bad idea (for even worse ideas in the next episode, but I digress).

But I guess it's inevitable since the 50th poster has those bloody words on it again.

personally I thought it was done to perfection in turn left.
    The reason it was used was a message from rose to the doctor via Donna that it is the end of the world.

It was a code word that is it