Jane Tomlinson vrs Jade

2»

Comments

• kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's unfair to compare them. Jane lived with cancer for years, who knows what Jade would have done if she had another 10 years or more. Respect to them both.
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    kazzy wrote: »
    It's unfair to compare them. Jane lived with cancer for years, who knows what Jade would have done if she had another 10 years or more. Respect to them both.

If she'd lived another 10 years I doubt if she'd have done much more than promote herself as she did in the last few months of her life.

Look at her cr*p performance in the London Marathon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she'd lived another 10 years I doubt if she'd have done much more than promote herself as she did in the last few months of her life.

Look at her cr*p performance in the London Marathon.

Very harsh point of view.

Besides, didnt she do 21 miles of the 26? I'd say that was a fair effort.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    mrs tiswas wrote: »
    Well my interest in Jade has whithered, and as for Jack - he is no Celebrity at all. Clifford should dump him now.

Every cloud......
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    The money she got was for her children. What sort of a mother would she have been had she not provided for their future?

I know all about the trust fund but surely you realise that Jade WAS ALREADY A VERY RICH WOMAN with a million pound home in Essex, millions in the bank and property BEFORE she became ill with cancer!! She made millions from Big Brother, perfume, her Reality Shows e.g. Find Jade a PA etc BEFORE she became ill. There was no need for a huge campaign to raise money for her boys, she already had loads and I am amazed that so many people thought she was broke. She left eight million AND two trust funds for her boys each worth two million. How much do these boys need???
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    Why this is being dragged up again beggars belief.

Jane Tomlinson threw herself into fundraising as a way to cope, she also lived a great deal longer than her original diagnosis.

Jade Goody focused on earning money for her family and didn't have a great deal of time between diagnosis and death.

Each did what they had to do, neither was wrong.

Sorry I did not know this topic had been discussed before. My question really was about the public reaction to these two women, not their own reasons for going public with their battle with the disease.
  • SofaSlobSofaSlob Posts: 2,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know all about the trust fund but surely you realise that Jade WAS ALREADY A VERY RICH WOMAN with a million pound home in Essex, millions in the bank and property BEFORE she became ill with cancer!! She made millions from Big Brother, perfume, her Reality Shows e.g. Find Jade a PA etc BEFORE she became ill. There was no need for a huge campaign to raise money for her boys, she already had loads and I am amazed that so many people thought she was broke. She left eight million AND two trust funds for her boys each worth two million. How much do these boys need???

I didn't know that Jade's will and finances had been published ? I would love too read the statements and details as they must be out there for you to be so accurate of the ammounts so could you please provide the links.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jade seems an easy target for a lot of people but she had to think of her two young children.
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely.
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charlie1 wrote: »
    Jane Tomlinson was a brave, wonderful person.

But, IMO, it's pointless trying to compare the two, as they were 2 completely different people who dealt with cancer in their own way.

Don't we know it, Jane used her final days to her advantage to raise money for cancer organisations and died with dignity.

Jade on the other hand only cared about her boys and had the funeral aired on TV.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eng123 wrote: »
    Jane Tomlinson had dignity and DID NOT WANT herself to be prostituted by the meeja the way Jade did. I agree that Jane was inspirational and this is something that has not passed my by either but I do wonder whether it is time to let things go now with Jade.

Jane Tomlinson suffered a lot in the background, as did her family. But as said, she had great dignity and did not want to use the cancer to line her own family's pockets. There was a piece on her on television where her husband explained more of her background and how she did not want the public to see her suffering.

I think at the end she was running across America when the pain became too much for her and she quit and came home. She battled to the end :cool:

With all due respect, Jane Tomlinson couldn't have used her illness to line her families pockets. She was only well known because of the fund raising she did. Before she had cancer and undertook her mission to raise money she was unknown.

There is no comparison between the two women. Jade was aready a celebrity when she was diagnosed and it was this that enabled her to raise money for her boys.