Options

DVD cases that hold many

Does anyone know where I can buy DVD cases that hold 5 or more discs (in one case) on the high street? I've tried WHSmiths and The pound shops but drawn a blank.

I know there are online retailers who sell them but I only need a couple and the postage charge would double (or more) the price!

Comments

• Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried a computer shop like PC World?
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a clas ohlson near you they're selling smart black ones which hold 32 Cds for £2.49 each, or 3 for £4.99.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually you might find them in Tescos.
  • Options
    moogheadmooghead Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its 'Tesco' (sorry to be pedantic, but it is!)
  • Options
    SpruceSpruce Posts: 1,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mooghead wrote: »
    Its 'Tesco' (sorry to be pedantic, but it is!)

It's! :)
  • Options
    porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use cases that hold 4 and more quite often.
    Never found them anywhere except online ever.
    Tried Maplins and other places too but single and double is the best they usually do
  • Options
    cp2cp2 Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    porkpie wrote: »
    I use cases that hold 4 and more quite often.
    Never found them anywhere except online ever.
    Tried Maplins and other places too but single and double is the best they usually do

I've bought mine from a Computer Fair (Bowlers Manchester) but by the time you've travelled there and paid the entrance fee it is probably more expensive that buying on-line! (But there is more to see).
  • Options
    Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I've actually had a gander on Ebay since I wrote this and there are some people selling individual boxes (with so called free postage) so I may end up going down that route, but I'll try Tesco and PC world first
  • Options
    General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    I've found a cheap way to get 4 into a standard one. Not sure about 5 though. Just get a 2 disc DVD case, then stick the other two in those plastic wallet things. That stops them getting scratched.
  • Options
    porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I've actually had a gander on Ebay since I wrote this and there are some people selling individual boxes (with so called free postage) so I may end up going down that route, but I'll try Tesco and PC world first

The problem with buying from online retailers is the postage charges which is why I usually get blank discs , paper , ink and other bits aswell as the cases in order to keep the price competitive.

If you are ordering any of these on their own I have also found that ebay works out cheaper overall but it pays to have a good look around.

Ebay have a cunning way of not always ensuring the best offers are easy to find if you do a standard search so once you find your items always click the "cheapest +P&P" option before buying as you can find the best offers are a long way down the lists and pages

It does not help that Ebay include blank dvd's as Computer Components
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    If you are in London, visit KVJ adjacent to Aldgate East tube station. Online, they trade as totalblankmedia.

Ron
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a local computer shop (Icon UK) that is superb for blank DVDs and cases to hold them in. They do 3,4,6,8 & 10 DVD cases. Same height and width as single cases but deeper of course. Ideal for making your own TV boxsets up. I would imagine every town/city has something similar hidden away somewhere.

Cases are like these:-
    http://www.totalblankmedia.com/dvd-case-holds-discs-p-607.html