Harry Styles Paparazzi Harassment Order

occyoccy Posts: 65,121
Forum Member
✭✭
Pop star Harry Styles has won a court order stopping the paparazzi from harassing him.

The 19-year-old One Direction singer applied to the High Court as a last resort after trying to persuade a number of photographers to stop their behaviour voluntarily, according to his counsel David Sherborne.

He told Mrs Justice Nicola Davies, who first granted the order against the unidentified individuals last Monday: "This is not a privacy injunction.

http://news.sky.com/story/1183025/harry-styles-1d-singer-wins-paparazzi-order

Some of these stars bring it on themselves for the paps to follow them. I understand it can be ignoring.

Comments

• Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he needs to get a restraining order on 1D's fan' rather than the paps.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Poor precious lamb.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like One Dimension, but I also dislike the way the Paps follow people around just to get a photo to make money from.

They should just be at events, or if they are certain some celeb is doing something wrong. But not following them on their every move.

I don't download or view any pictures of celebs just going about their business, such as photos of Celeb X coming out of a fitness center.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry Styles is nothing special to look at in my opinion.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like One Dimension, but I also dislike the way the Paps follow people around just to get a photo to make money from.

They should just be at events, or if they are certain some celeb is doing something wrong. But not following them on their every move.

I don't download or view any pictures of celebs just going about their business, such as photos of Celeb X coming out of a fitness center.
    This. Paparazzi are dangerous, bottom feeding, scumbags.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You wanted to be famous Harry, suck it up and deal with it
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I think he needs to get a restraining order on 1D's fan' rather than the paps.

That would likely remove a massive chunk of their income if they did that. Cowell wouldn't be too happy with the restraining order against their fans either.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »

A documentary I watched 7 years ago showed just how little the photographers cared about the celebrities they wanted photos of. It wouldn't surprised me if a tabloid photographer carried on snapping away if the celebrity in question fell and had a heart attack.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't care how much any celebrity wants to be famous. How can you have a life if paps are camped outside your door, following you around 24/7 waiting to take a picture of every single thing you do. Nobody asks for that and nobody deserves it. They can also be dangerous as hell when they're pursuing celebrities in cars. It's really not justifiable.

Also if anyone makes an effort to suck it up and deal with it, it's Harry, so I'm guessing they were very full on for him to resort to this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rawr wrote: »
    I don't care how much any celebrity wants to be famous. How can you have a life if paps are camped outside your door, following you around 24/7 waiting to take a picture of every single thing you do. Nobody asks for that and nobody deserves it. They can also be dangerous as hell when they're pursuing celebrities in cars. It's really not justifiable.

Also if anyone makes an effort to suck it up and deal with it, it's Harry, so I'm guessing they were very full on for him to resort to this.

If nobody paid him attention he wouldnt be famous would he
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry who?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If nobody paid him attention he wouldnt be famous would he

Don't be obtuse, there are different levels of attention. I'm actually amazed that asking not to have paps waiting outside your home, not to have surveillance put on you and not to be pursued by cars from your homes/hotels etc is seen as some sort of diva request! Obviously he's not asking for all attention to cease, just some basic human respect for his privacy. There's no reason at all to follow any celeb around 24/7.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Stupid thing to say. Wanting to be famous doesn't mean giving people the right to invade your privacy and harrass you just for a picture.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Wanting to be famous and the reality of it are two different things I would imagine.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    rawr wrote: »
    Don't be obtuse, there are different levels of attention. I'm actually amazed that asking not to have paps waiting outside your home, not to have surveillance put on you and not to be pursued by cars from your homes/hotels etc is seen as some sort of diva request! Obviously he's not asking for all attention to cease, just some basic human respect for his privacy. There's no reason at all to follow any celeb around 24/7.

Totally agree. Makes me think of Britney Spears when she was having her troubles and the videos on youtube of the relentless papz absolutely hounding her. I can see how it could drive you totally potty after a while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Totally agree. Makes me think of Britney Spears when she was having her troubles and the videos on youtube of the relentless papz absolutely hounding her. I can see how it could drive you totally potty after a while.

But as soon as they sense weakness paps just relentlessly go in for the kill and they document every minute of it. That's got nothing to do with being famous it's just feeding the sick desire people have to build people up and then revel in their downfall.
  • RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took my daughter to see Miley Cyrus outside capital radio earlier in the year. That was my first and only experience of seeing the paps at work and I honestly dont know how any celeb puts up with it. It wasnt a major event, just her turning up for a radio interview but the paps were everywhere, jumping on peoples tables that were dining nearby without a care for anyone else, just a photo.

They really are relentless and there should be more legailites in place to protect those theyre chasing and the innocent bystanders caught up in the chaos too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    That would likely remove a massive chunk of their income if they did that. Cowell wouldn't be too happy with the restraining order against their fans either.

So it's ok for little 11 year old girls to stalk, harass and wait outside his house for a photo opportunity?
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for him. I hope it helps.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »

You have evidence of this I assume?
    I doubt paps are sat outside Styles' house 24/7 either. What about the thousands of fans who block streets outside hotels causing road closures,disrupting other guests etc. That's ok with Harry is it? The countless abuse the fans give out on twitter,is worse than any "harassment" he endures I'm sure.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised at the amount of people sneering at him in this thread. I say good for him. I have seen the paparazzi at work and it's amazing they haven't caused someone to be crushed to death or somehow else killed. It's not as simple as someone who wants to be famous needing to suck it up. The paps are a genuine danger to people and it's disgusting there aren't tougher regulations against them. I've seen and heard of absolutely horrendous behaviour from the paps and I don't know how they get away with what they do. It's good to see a celebrity taking a stand and I hope more will in the future. Not all celebs want to "play the game" as it were.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised at the amount of people sneering at him in this thread. I say good for him. I have seen the paparazzi at work and it's amazing they haven't caused someone to be crushed to death or somehow else killed. It's not as simple as someone who wants to be famous needing to suck it up. The paps are a genuine danger to people and it's disgusting there aren't tougher regulations against them. I've seen and heard of absolutely horrendous behaviour from the paps and I don't know how they get away with what they do. It's good to see a celebrity taking a stand and I hope more will in the future. Not all celebs want to "play the game" as it were.

I know that was Paris but if you ignore the conspiracy stories wasn't Princess Diana (or stripped of title lady!!) literally hounded to her death
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I know that was Paris but if you ignore the conspiracy stories wasn't Princess Diana (or stripped of title lady!!) literally hounded to her death

No she wasnt. Diana informed the media enough times of her movements,you cant play with fire and complain when you get burned.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    No she wasnt. Diana informed the media enough times of her movements,you cant play with fire and complain when you get burned.

I have to agree. Diana played with fire and got burned, as tragic as her death was.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much as I know many celebs want the attention- to be recognised, the money, the fame (or notoriety) and much as most of them revel in it, I'm glad Harry Styles has done this. The paps need to stop being so ruthlessly invasive. I understand that the fame-hungry sometimes bring unwanted attention upon themselves and can't always complain when they are shown in a negative light but some of the lengths the paps go to are not only ridiculous but dangerous and abusive.