SCD Grand Final Discussion Thread (Sat 6.30pm/8.40pm)

Comments

• RosieRRosieR Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Natalie, amazing just LOVED it.
    Abby, didn't work but well danced.
    Sophie, highlighted everything she is bad at but I love her.
    Susanna, danced well but so blah.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Desperate album plugging to make it no 1 for Xmas :D He's aiming at the oldies market now....

He can aim at me any time :D
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karina_ wrote: »
    It was too stage school for me, and they both looked too full of themselves

It's called performance >:(
  • LurchergirlsLurchergirls Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    Natalie's and Susanna's showdances were lovely and I'd like to see Sophie's Charleston again.

So I hope Abbey is out. Didn't like the showdance and can't even remember the first dance.

My feeling exactly :kitty:
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed all the showdances apart from Susanna's. Probably some of the best there have been ever as I don't particularly enjoy many of the showdances. Natalie's was my favourite of all time I think. And boo Craig for giving Sophie an 8!

Hoping the final 3 will be Abbey, Natalie and Sophie but it's been the best final so it's really tough to see any of them come runner-up.
  • SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Show dance
    Natalie, that dance was a m a z i n g.
    Susanna, such a joy
    Abbey, the girl can dance
    Sophie, well she was lumbered with Brendan and his need to shove a lift in whenever he can. Sod the dancing.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping folks vote for the dancing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have got rid of one couple before the break...oh yes, more money...
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 mins left for those who haven't voted
  • Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving everything so far - showdance photos in http://balletnews.co.uk/strictly-come-dancing-the-final-2013/
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cooperone wrote: »
    They should have got rid of one couple before the break...oh yes, more money...

Voting is free.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    an interesting set of show dances...

susanna's was pitched well for their ability level, and nicely played

abbey - promised more than it delivered -did they pull a few lifts? i felt i kept waiting for it to happen

natalie - most accomplished routine of course and a lovely tom chamber style musicals showdace, but really felt the poles were excess to requirements, made it look over busy

sophie - bizarrely, as 'showy' is not a word one associates with sophie,it was the only showdance that actually felt like it delived the goods, definitely undermarked
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    Ditto, positive posts only here!

we both keep trying!! :D:D:D
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,193
    Forum Member
    vpower wrote: »
    Wow. Loved Natalie and Artem's show dance. A real show dance!

Agreed, they deserve to be in the Top Two with that stunning routine, definitely the highlight of the evening. :)
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we both keep trying!! :D:D:D

Keep up the good work lol.
  • SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tough act to follow.

bit nervous for her, but she is a trouper.

True, but she is lumbered with Brendan and his ego. Can any girl survive the combination.
  • QwaarJetQwaarJet Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clarkie66 wrote: »
    It's lovely to see how well they seem to get on with each other and it does seem genuine. I'm hoping for a Natalie, Abbey, Susanna final three.

Why? Susanna is the worst dancer.
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Keep up the good work lol.

:D:D:D:p
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All good dances tonight. All improvements on what we've seen from the dancers before. I'm guessing all the celebs will have kept their core vote and everyone will argue for their favorites endlessly on forums based on style and character. That's Strictly isn't it?

My vote, on style and character, Sophie.

(PS did anyone else notice Karen looking rather uneasily at all the affection between Susanna and Kevin in the Tesspit?)
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    Len just screwed Natalie there. Us Brits don't like being told how to vote.

But he's right though , isn't he? If Susanna wins it's a bit of a farce. Her odds to win are better than any of the others at this moment.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Winsome wrote: »
    I wish Brendan had based the show dance on ballroom, it didn't suit Sophie too well. Hoping she gets through to the final three.
    Just voted for the first time this series. 4 for Sophie, one for Natalie.
    Forum Member
    QwaarJet wrote: »
    Why? Susanna is the worst dancer.

'Vote for your favourite'
  • sloggaslogga Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I agree with chipsaunt Susanna and Kevins' showdance was lovely and romantic. Didn't like Sophie's showdance - should have been ballroom based but I want to see that charleston again, so I've split my votes between Susanna and Sophie. Would rather see Abbey in the final than Natalie. But not really that bothered between those two.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    primer wrote: »
    an interesting set of show dances...

susanna's was pitched well for their ability level, and nicely played

abbey - promised more than it delivered -did they pull a few lifts? i felt i kept waiting for it to happen

natalie - most accomplished routine of course and a lovely tom chamber style musicals showdace, but really felt the poles were excess to requirements, made it look over busy

sophie - bizarrely, as 'showy' is not a word one associates with sophie,it was the only showdance that actually felt like it delived the goods, definitely undermarked

I thought the same about Sophie's dance, the judges should mark each individual dance as it deserves - regardless of whether they like the dance pro or not.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    "And I'd give it [the trophy] to Aljaž. I really would."
    Clever vote-winning line by Abbey. Bet Susanna wishes she'd thought of that one.

Susanna would never have come out with something so crass and cringe-worthy. Does this woman think we're all stupid?