Options

Brendens ambitious routines to cost SOPHIE The Win?- Did He Push Her To Hard To Soon?

Comments

• Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    I don't think Craig has much time for Brendan. I think his 8 score for Brendan/Sophie's show dance was proof of that!

Who can really blame Craig for that.
  • Options
    sonic157sonic157 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Have Brendens ambitious routines cost Poor SOPHIE The Win and the Strictly Glitter Ball? - Did he push her to hard to soon?

With Poor Sophie going into the Final under par yet again, many people are starting to apportion blame and start to ask WHY she was pushed so hard so soon ?

There must be some answers out there somewhere, but does anyone have them ?

Should professional dancers be expected to show a duty of care towards their celebrity partners, or is it acceptable for them to push their partners to the limits and beyond with apparent abandon until they break under the strain ?

Won't you ever give up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sonic157 wrote: »
    Won't you ever give up?

He very nearly dropped Sophie on her head from that waist spin at the end, did you miss that ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I really want S & B to win, but I think Brendan should have played to Sophie's strength, which is definitely not Latin! :confused:
  • Options
    sonic157sonic157 Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He very nearly dropped Sophie on her head from that waist spin at the end, did you miss that ?

You're not going to change your mind about Brendan and neither are those of us for whom he is our favourite pro so why not relax and put your energy into something more worthwhile than looking for reasons to criticise him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sonic157 wrote: »
    You're not going to change your mind about Brendan and neither are those of us for whom he is our favourite pro so why not relax and put your energy into something more worthwhile than looking for reasons to criticise him?

It is not necessary to look very hard, it is an observation that is clear for all to see that Brenden has cost sophie the win in this Final.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think she's going to go out fourth, but I actually think that might have been quite a shrewd move. I was bracing myself to absolute hate that showdance, and I could recognise its many technical flaws, but I was still grinning from ear to ear by the end because they just looked so happy!
  • Options
    differentdrumdifferentdrum Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that was his idea of a credible showdance he may as well give the game up. Couldn't have done more to finish fourth if he tried.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    I don't think Craig has much time for Brendan. I think his 8 score for Brendan/Sophie's show dance was proof of that!

Did you think it deserved more:D:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Did you think it deserved more:D:o:o

That's a good question Jake.
  • Options
    water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want S & B to win, but I think Brendan should have played to Sophie's strength, which is definitely not Latin! :confused:

Agree but having said that I think she performed well tonight. She seemed to let her inhibitions go and was not so self conscious. She did look very weak in her core. She didn't always look steady on her feet but she looked like she was really enjoying it.

I think Brendan has choreographed some very good routines for Sophie. I don't think they were over ambitious. IMO the biggest problem throughout the series for Sophie is the lack of performance. For me she just couldn't pull it off and make it look believable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With another partner playing to Sophie's strengths she could of won Strictly this year, such a shame, poor Sophie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree but having said that I think she performed well tonight. She seemed to let her inhibitions go and was not so self conscious. She did look very weak in her core. She didn't always look steady on her feet but she looked like she was really enjoying it.

I think Brendan has choreographed some very good routines for Sophie. I don't think they were over ambitious. IMO the biggest problem throughout the series for Sophie is the lack of performance. For me she just couldn't pull it off and make it look believable.

Brendens choreography is all about making himself look good, he let Sophie down very badly with that show dance, it should have been more ballroom based for Sophie and she would have been in the last 3, but unfortunately Brendens ego got in the way of Glitter Ball Glory for Sophie, such a shame and a wasted opportunity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brenden will be kicking himself this morning for letting his ego get in the way of a show winning opportunity with his shockingly self indulgent show dance, if only he could have played to Sophies strengths instead they could have walked off with The Glitter Ball this year.
  • Options
    frell-tasticfrell-tastic Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually not sure how much say the professionals have with the show dance. I'm pretty sure the producers have a hand in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    Brenden will be kicking himself this morning for letting his ego get in the way of a show winning opportunity with his shockingly self indulgent show dance, if only he could have played to Sophies strengths instead they could have walked off with The Glitter Ball this year.

Sophie would never have won, it is because of Brendan's fantastic choreography over the weeks that she got to the final at all. The show dance was her choice too and you could see how much she enjoyed doing it - something that would have not have been the case at the beginning. They formed a good friendship, their respective 'spouses' too - which Zoe Ball mentioned twice already and Natalie too. I don't think Sophie would have been comfortable with winning knowing that she wasn't the best - she was just thrilled to have reached the final. There is nothing wrong with coming fourth.
  • Options
    SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am actually not sure how much say the professionals have with the show dance. I'm pretty sure the producers have a hand in it.

The showdance gives the dancers carte blanche. That show dance was Brendan's from the wobble start to the even more wobbly finish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Summeriris wrote: »
    The showdance gives the dancers carte blanche. That show dance was Brendan's from the wobble start to the even more wobbly finish.

It was Brendens show dance through and through, who else would have made poor Sophie straddle them in that awful no hands rodeo ride this cowboy pirouette, and then he very nearly dropped her on her head, it was such a shame that he deprived Sophie of a winning chance in the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    Sophie would never have won, it is because of Brendan's fantastic choreography over the weeks that she got to the final at all. The show dance was her choice too and you could see how much she enjoyed doing it - something that would have not have been the case at the beginning. They formed a good friendship, their respective 'spouses' too - which Zoe Ball mentioned twice already and Natalie too. I don't think Sophie would have been comfortable with winning knowing that she wasn't the best - she was just thrilled to have reached the final. There is nothing wrong with coming fourth.

If Brenden had played to Sophies strengths in the final instead of pandering to his ego who knows what might of happened, they would not have been the first ones voted off that's for sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    If Brenden had played to Sophies strengths in the final instead of pandering to his ego who knows what might of happened, they would not have been the first ones voted off that's for sure.

It was Sophie's choice too, she wanted to have a fun dance that contrasted to their first dance - Susanna and Abbey were always ahead - and they could not compete with Natalie on the night. To come 4th was beyond Sophie's expectations. She improved over the weeks, has wonderfully choreographed dances she can look back on and she said that the training days were fun every single day. Brendan was also one of the pros who did not out-dance his partner, but geared himself and the routines to suit her and her personality.
    Anyway, going by her husband's tweets yesterday, it seems she might be doing that Charleston once or so on Brendan's tour, so she will get a chance to perform it.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't enjoy Sophie & Brendans showdance, in fact I hate that song so I was starting off from a biased view point. However, I do think that Brendan was a very good partner for Sophie, he buoyed her confidence up and made her believe she was a better dancer than she really was. I LOVED Sophie and would have been beyond thrilled to see her lift the glitter ball..but it wasn't to be and a better dancer won in the end.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry - we all get it, you hate Brendan. Honestly I think is Sophie catches a cold at Easter you will say it's Brendan's fault even if he doesn't see her for the next 4 months.

Oh, and by the way, given the huge amount of repetitive comments you have made about him, could you not at least learn how to spell his name? It isn't difficult.
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    Terry - we all get it, you hate Brendan. Honestly I think is Sophie catches a cold at Easter you will say it's Brendan's fault even if he doesn't see her for the next 4 months.

Oh, and by the way, given the huge amount of repetitive comments you have made about him, could you not at least learn how to spell his name? It isn't difficult.

He does it on purpose Kaycee, just to get a rise out of people. He is far and away the biggest troll on this board IMO - the only sad thing is that so many people take him seriously!:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't enjoy Sophie & Brendans showdance, in fact I hate that song so I was starting off from a biased view point. However, I do think that Brendan was a very good partner for Sophie, he buoyed her confidence up and made her believe she was a better dancer than she really was. I LOVED Sophie and would have been beyond thrilled to see her lift the glitter ball..but it wasn't to be and a better dancer won in the end.

I loved Sophie and would have been thrilled for her to lift the Glitter Ball too Scarlett, but as you say " a better dancer won in the end ", Aljaz has made an incredible impact in his first season on Strictly Come Dancing and seems to be going from strength to strength, I can't wait to see him on Strictly again next year, as I'm sure everyone else does, if only he could have been partnered with Sophie I have no doubt that he would have played to her strengths and boosted the viewers votes for Sophie no end.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    He does it on purpose Kaycee, just to get a rise out of people. He is far and away the biggest troll on this board IMO - the only sad thing is that so many people take him seriously!:(

Yeah, I realise that, Force Ten, and usually I avoid his posts for that reason, but every so often I have to have my say! :(