Options

Verdict Due in Amanda Knox Re-Trial Today

1848586878890»

Comments

• Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    I can't help but feel a bit hacked off with this if I'm honest. Why is it so hard to establish whether they were together or not that night? On one site it says he changes his mind constantly basically because he can't remember clearly due to smoking cannabis that night. Is that what it boils down to (alibi wise)?
  • Options
    EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    Sollecito could have done this a long time ago and saved himself a heap of bother.

Not cutting Meredith's throat and letting her bleed to death would have saved him and Knox even more bother.

So, a serial liar and convicted murderer changes his story yet again when the current pack of lies fails to do the trick. Expect Knox to do something similar (again) as the appeal to the Supreme Court approaches.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but feel a bit hacked off with this if I'm honest. Why is it so hard to establish whether they were together or not that night? On one site it says he changes his mind constantly basically because he can't remember clearly due to smoking cannabis that night. Is that what it boils down to (alibi wise)?

As I see it there are several possibilities that do not involve their having killed Meredith.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently now they're going to use Knox's "link to local cocaine dealers" in a bid to extradite her

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/amanda-knox-links-local-cocaine-3800662

Do they get these ideas of CSI or something ?
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    To be honest I'm surprised he didn't try and distance himself earlier but that is more a reflection on the judiciary, the media and the experiences to date etc. and not in anyway some kind of definitive reflection of guilt on his or her part as some seem to be implying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bollywood wrote: »
    As I see it there are several possibilities that do not involve their having killed Meredith.

Thanks but that doesn't really answer my question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks but that doesn't really answer my question.

You asked why is it so hard to establish if they were together? I assume because Knox's phone at some point was said to register outside his flat. From what I read Knox was the only flatmate who didn't have a solid alibi, and the flatmates had good things to say about her until the police fingered her. Then they got negative.
  • Options
    anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The likelihood of Knox being extradited, in my opinion, is somewhere below zero. If the final appeal court confirms the guilty verdict, there will be years of legal wrangling. First her lawyers will claim it violates double jeapordy (knowing this will fail but it will use up time). Then they'll present the case on its total lack of merits.

The Italians need to show the case according to the American burden of proof. This conviction rests on a shaky circumstantial case and hearsay. The 'forensic' evidence is really nothing at all. None of this would hold up in a US courtroom.

Given this, Sollecito is making the right moves for himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You asked why is it so hard to establish if they were together? I assume because Knox's phone at some point was said to register outside his flat. From what I read Knox was the only flatmate who didn't have a solid alibi, and the flatmates had good things to say about her until the police fingered her. Then they got negative.

Sorry I should've been clearer, why is it so hard for Sollecito to say if she was with him or not (and I mean the whole evening) is what I meant. It's either a yes, no, or don't remember kind of answer for me!

In the very first flush of a romance you would usually notice if the target of your affection disappeared for a bit if you were making out. Even if you smoke dope you still notice, it doesn't make you completely brain dead. The danger of his (apparent) changing testimony is he sounds unreliable.
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anais32 wrote: »
    The likelihood of Knox being extradited, in my opinion, is somewhere below zero. If the final appeal court confirms the guilty verdict, there will be years of legal wrangling. First her lawyers will claim it violates double jeapordy (knowing this will fail but it will use up time). Then they'll present the case on its total lack of merits.

The Italians need to show the case according to the American burden of proof. This conviction rests on a shaky circumstantial case and hearsay. The 'forensic' evidence is really nothing at all. None of this would hold up in a US courtroom.

Given this, Sollecito is making the right moves for himself.
    you need to read this site for balance

http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

as some of what you say is untrue/mistaken
  • Options
    outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I don't blame Sollecito one bit.

It's ludicrous. All the prosecution have to go on with Amanda Knox is her rather flakey police interviews - which were extremely long and they can't even use much of it because it broke European and Italian law.

The only piece of hard 'forensic' evidence they have is linked to Sollecito (the bra strap) which is pretty much meaningless.
    I thought there were also footprints? that they suspected were his as well but i stand to be corrected on that.
    Not to blame sollecito is besides the point in my view, what about the truth of the situation, was AK with him all night or not.
    So is ok now for RS to change is story and tell lies?if they are? Just because as far as most people are concerned he is a victim of an injustice? Personally i find this really concerning..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I should've been clearer, why is it so hard for Sollecito to say if she was with him or not (and I mean the whole evening) is what I meant. It's either a yes, no, or don't remember kind of answer for me!

In the very first flush of a romance you would usually notice if the target of your affection disappeared for a bit if you were making out. Even if you smoke dope you still notice, it doesn't make you completely brain dead. The danger of his (apparent) changing testimony is he sounds unreliable.

Well maybe it's not a yes or no because the police can play two people off against each other. They could tell S that K already said she was not there, leaving him not much choice but say okay she wasn't.

In addition if she did step out and didn't have an alibi for the entire evening, she might have needed one as she was the only flat mate without one. That doesn't make her guilty though.

It does make it hard if they keep changing stories. Only the prosecution is allowed to do that.

I've thought that possibly Knox saw something she was terrified to report it or some other reason. I think she could know something, but I don't think she was the murderer. That is just my take on it from all I've read, the mock up of the room. And things like footprints that were erroneously attributed to Sollecito.
  • Options
    anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    you need to read this site for balance

http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

as some of what you say is untrue/mistaken

No. Much of that site is untrue/mistaken.
  • Options
    Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member

You just need to read this contribution from the OP for balance:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1981179
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you will furnish the forum with the details in due course then, of the untrue sections,thanks in advance or else take the easy exit and just say "I think Knox is innocent"...that would be fine

You just need to read this contribution from the OP for balance:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1981179

So Pathetic and reported

:kitty:

Whats wanting baddies in horror films to come to a bad end got to do with anything? Do you think Knox is a baddie in a horror film then? hmmm interesting.....no need to be so stalkerish sneaky and snidy...oh hang on.....perhaps you should stick to football threads

!!!

not nice when its on the other foot is it mr paradise
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Let's face it. the Italians cocked up the DNA evidence to such an extent that it can be discounted IMO. Amanda and Meredith were flatmates, it simply doesn't stand to reason that no DNA from Amanda was found in Meredith's room. I know they fell out when Meredith accused Amanda of stealing money from her - that puts Amanda in Meredith's room. Bunch of girls sharing a house, multiple DNA all over the house, including Mereith's room.

Given that we discount the flawed DNA evidence, what do we have left? Suspicious behaviour by Knox, the 'phone evidence and now RS retraction of Knox's alibi.

I have always believed Knox was guilty.

Your last sentence.... I agree.

The Italian judicial sentence is laboured & farcical. It has been 7 years, since Meredith was murdered.

My sympathies are with her parents. They will never have closure.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netflix today released a trailer for a new Doc on the Amanda Knox trial.

Looks interesting.
    http://youtu.be/f5SFjSxzS7M
  • Options
    cobaye22cobaye22 Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netflix today released a trailer for a new Doc on the Amanda Knox trial.

Looks interesting.
    http://youtu.be/f5SFjSxzS7M

Pains me to say it but that is a great trailer from Netflix.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hits Netflix tomorrow.
    Amanda Knox, the Washington woman who was accused of murdering her roommate in Italy, said she is speaking out now in a Netflix documentary to "explain what it feels like to be wrongfully convicted."

"What I’m trying to convey is a regular person like me, just a kid who was studying abroad who loves languages, could be caught up in this nightmare where they’re portrayed as something they’re not," Knox, 29, said today on “Good Morning America." "I think I’m trying to explain what it feels like to be wrongfully convicted, to either be this terrible monster or to be just a regular person who is vulnerable."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    EadfrithEadfrith Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member

Worse than what Meredith Kerscher went through???
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eadfrith wrote: »

Well obviously not, but to go through all of that for something you didn't do is clearly horrific for her and her family.
    Hits Netflix tomorrow.

Looking forward to watching this (despite all then books i've read and other stuff over the years)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eadfrith wrote: »

I knew someone would say that. :(

The truth is that Knox herself has said that the whole spotlight on her (and her trumped up sexuality) took away from the Kerscher's story.

Mignini decided for some crazy reason, to involve Knox after Guide was already known to have done it. And it's he and the media, that even agree they took stuff out of context, to make Knox look like a vixen.