The Carter's big storyline that hasn't even started yet

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
DTC says in the interview on the EE website that his three big storylines he came back with included the Carters and a big storyline for them that hasn't even started yet....

Not even started? So it's not to do with Shirley, Mick and Tina's childhood? There's something else going to be happening? I assume it's a contemporary story then and something that happens now rather than what happened in the past?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    they are all cannibals and the aunt is serving up people in her roast dinners :D
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee and Shabnam?
  • celiajacobsceliajacobs Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Possibly lee and his post traumatic stress disorder? Only speculation but the bed wetting that stan owned up to and lee's reactions to noise in the square a few episodes back?
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    Possibly lee and his post traumatic stress disorder? Only speculation but the bed wetting that stan owned up to and lee's reactions to noise in the square a few episodes back?

He didn't; the dog was sick on his sheets.
    Forum Member

oh dreary me,, another Garry Corrie shit s/l coming up

also is Mick silly saying ''who has wet the bed'' as they were washing sheets..People wash , clean the sheets any day of the week, so doesn't always make out someone had wet the bed lol
    Forum Member
    He didn't; the dog was sick on his sheets.

woops, just seen your post :D
  • RoobsRoobs Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Something to do with Lee or Dean is my guess.

Or maybe Shirley goes teetotal. That would be a shocker :o
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be something to do with Shirley, almost definitely. There's a reason that she hasn't had much to do since the Carters were brought into it. We all know that DTC loves her character so he's almost certainly saving up something big for her.

I think it will be focused on her relationship with Dean, and what happened to her in the past to make her the way she is.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My initial thought is Shirley - DTC said at the beginning that we'd learn why Shirley abandoned her children. Also, there must be a reason (storyline) for why they've brought Dean back?
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    oh dreary me,, another Garry Corrie shit s/l coming up

also is Mick silly saying ''who has wet the bed'' as they were washing sheets..People wash , clean the sheets any day of the week, so doesn't always make out someone had wet the bed lol

I actually quite enjoyed Gary's PTSD on Corrie and thought that Mikey North did a cracking job with it- particularly his breakdown during the tram crash.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    Probably something to do with the Mum that we keep hearing about
  • KillerWatchKillerWatch Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they've got loads of storylines still to come;

When Dean comes face-to-face with Shirley.
    Why Shirley abandoned her children?
    Lee obviously doesn't want to go back to Afghanistan - PTSD.
    Nancy's epilepsy has been forgotten about recently - maybe making it's way back?
    When Aunt Babe reveals that she is in contact with Sylvie.
    Tina, Shirley & Mick's childhood needs to be more explored as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they've got loads of storylines still to come;

When Dean comes face-to-face with Shirley.
    Why Shirley abandoned her children?
    Lee obviously doesn't want to go back to Afghanistan - PTSD.
    Nancy's epilepsy has been forgotten about recently - maybe making it's way back?
    When Aunt Babe reveals that she is in contact with Sylvie.
    Tina, Shirley & Mick's childhood needs to be more explored as well.

Daran Little was also tweeting the other day about how there's something big coming up for Johnny.
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is got to do with Stan's relationship with Mick and Shirley when they were growing up

I can see it being similiar to the Ronnie/Archie storyline and that either Shirley or Mick was abused by Stan as kids with Tina being the roxy of the storyline i.e. the innocent party
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Daran Little was also tweeting the other day about how there's something big coming up for Johnny.
    Him losing his virginity. Perhaps he will raped or contract a STD because of it.
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now that just inappropriate. This is a family friendly forum. ;-)
  • MissWalfordMissWalford Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people still reckon shirley is micks mother, sounds a bit daft to me. But some people will believe anything.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Ooh I say
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    Him losing his virginity. Perhaps he will raped or contract a STD because of it.

I hope it's not anything too traumatic. :( I'd just like to see him getting a boyfriend. That would be more than enough!
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    Now that just inappropriate. This is a family friendly forum. ;-)
    Ooh I say

:D Just passing on what Daran said:

@DaranLittle: hope you're all out enjoying the Easter sun... I'm at home grappling with Johnny Carter... well, writing grappling...

@Ryanandrews1234: @DaranLittle anything big coming up for him in the future?

@DaranLittle: @Ryanandrews1234 of course
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I frigging love daran little. Superb writer.
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Johnny and Dexter maybe?:D unlikely I know but i can dream cant't I! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Johnny and jay please
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Definitely think it's something to do with a secret to do with Sylvie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I frigging love daran little. Superb writer.

He's definitely my favourite writer on EE. And I'm always happy when he writes Johnny's character, he just seems to 'get' him.
    Johnny and Dexter maybe?:D unlikely I know but i can dream cant't I! lol

:o

If that ever happened I would cry for a week and refuse to watch EE anymore. :p

I'm still hoping that Aleks or Charlie are going to reveal bisexual tendencies. :blush:

But in all seriousness, I think when Johnny finally gets a love interest it won't be any of the current cast. I think they'll want to do it as realistically as possible, and go for someone of Johnny's age, which means drafting a new character in.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley drowning Mick
    Lee's PTSD and love interest for Shabnam
    Nancy goes on a night out, has a fit and get seriously injured.
    Johnny falls for an older man