EE Tina/Tosh: Trevor and Litlle MO Abuse storyline?

PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think Tina will be abuse by Tosh. similarly to Trevor and Little Mo.

Comments

• LilMissJenLilMissJen Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Tina already being hit by Tosh? I remember when she first came in she looked all battered and bruised when Phil went to find Shirley when she went "missing". Personally I don't like Tosh but I did feel sorry for her when she was in the Vic toilet but also I think she was being a little harsh towards Tina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not but i can see an abuse storyline on its way. Do we really need another one? Personally i say no but others might think we do i suppose
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather see an abuse storyline leading to Tosh's exit than them actually having a baby and Tosh sticking around.

Domestic abuse in a same sex relationship seems pretty original to me, more so than the Shirley and Mick storyline.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LilMissJen wrote: »
    Wasn't Tina already being hit by Tosh? I remember when she first came in she looked all battered and bruised when Phil went to find Shirley when she went "missing". Personally I don't like Tosh but I did feel sorry for her when she was in the Vic toilet but also I think she was being a little harsh towards Tina.

I think that was the backstory (and why Shirley disliked her immediately when she came in) but I missed Tina's entrance.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I think Luisa Bradshaw-White confirmed that they were going down the domestic violence route with Tina/Tosh. I do remember when she first came and Tina was battered and bruised. I know Dean/Shirley/Stan aren't happy with Tosh but I'm surprised that Mick was singing her praises last week, maybe the aforementioned three are the only ones to know whats going down.

After Tina made excuses for the cut on her head, Stan said: 'I've had enough experience of all that, to know the excuses, ashamed of myself for it, but, still..." - anyone know what he meant by that?
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the way Tina apologised to Tosh after Tosh banged Tina's head against the wall that got to me. Tosh should have said sorry but didn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »

After Tina made excuses for the cut on her head, Stan said: 'I've had enough experience of all that, to know the excuses, ashamed of myself for it, but, still..." - anyone know what he meant by that?

I took it to mean he used to abuse his partner/wife and so knew all the excuses she'd use
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    I think it's more mental abuse as well, Tina needs to get with Sonia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I think it's more mental abuse as well, Tina needs to get with Sonia.

I think they will get together eventually.
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I took it to mean he used to abuse his partner/wife and so knew all the excuses she'd use

Oh wow, I never thought of it like that, I always thought that she was the abusive one (well the psychically abusive one), not Stan!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be a decent story depending on how its done. However I'm finding it hard to care about either character. Nothing will ever top the Lil Mo and Trevor abuse story. Both Alex and Kacey were just too good in the roles for anyone to come close to matching what they achieved. Also I loved Mo from the moment she arrived. I don't feel that way about Tina and despite the fact Trevor was scum he was a really great character with lots of depth which in turn made you actually care about him. That was pure skill on the part of Alex Fern's. Tosh isn't anywhere near his league.

Tina isn't anything like Lil Mo either. While Mo was naïve she wasn't some stupid simpleton. Mo just had a timid personality which made her the ideal case as an abuse victim.

I actually dislike Tosh a lot. I can handle Tina and I do think her and Sonia would be pretty good together so I hope this Tosh thing isn't going to dragged out forever.
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LilMissJen wrote: »

Tosh bought it on herself with her controlling ways, she may as well pushed Tina into Sonia's arms last night, no sympathy at all.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I think it's going to be more like Patrick/Maxine in Hollyoaks than Trevor/Little Mo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are doing an ok job of making the audience like Tosh, or at least showing how she is bedding in a bit with the square, being one of the lads with Alfie and Terry. I also like how they are sewing the seeds for the domestic abuse to start up again. Will be very interesting if Tosh does get pregnant and then hits Tina now and then as Tina or anyone else wouldnt want to hit her back since she is preggers.

Eventually would like Sonia to smack Tosh down and end up with Tina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    It was the way Tina apologised to Tosh after Tosh banged Tina's head against the wall that got to me. Tosh should have said sorry but didn't.

Yes I noticed that too, which annoyed me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are doing an ok job of making the audience like Tosh, or at least showing how she is bedding in a bit with the square, being one of the lads with Alfie and Terry. I also like how they are sewing the seeds for the domestic abuse to start up again. Will be very interesting if Tosh does get pregnant and then hits Tina now and then as Tina or anyone else wouldnt want to hit her back since she is preggers.

Eventually would like Sonia to smack Tosh down and end up with Tina.

BIB That would be good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    Was waiting for a thread about this story. Personally I think it's a great idea. I don't have any sympathy for Tosh, whereas I could at least understand why Trevor and Patrick (In Hollyoaks) act the way they do. However I love Tina. She's played quite naturally, IMO. I feel great sympathy for her. :(

The fact she is still essentially a child makes Tosh's manipulation and abuse even more sinister. That scene last night where Tina felt the urge to apologies for having been hurt sent chills down my spine. It's an obvious sign that an abuse story is about to begin. I also think pregnant Tosh being the abuser would be an interesting twist, and it's the first lesbian domestic abuse story that I can think of.

As for Stan, I think it's definitely being implied that he hit or abused Sylvie. My guess is that although he hit Sylvie when he was drunk, Sylvie took out her hurt and anger on Shirley, and that's why Shirley hates him so much. I don't think Stan is going to be an outright child abuser, but I think Sylvie may well be the ultimate villain - perhaps she was unable to have another child, so adopted Mick, but when Shirley tried to drown Mick (so as to prevent her abusing him), Sylvie left, and never came back.

The fact that Shirley was almost certainly abused, the implied horrors Mick went through in care, Dean's implied gang rapes in prison, and Lee's clear Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder mean that Tina is the last innocent of the adults, and she's finally going to have that innocence stripped from her. And when Ben returns, poor, pretty little Johnny is going to have his innocence taken as well. :(:D

Oh, and this story is already doing the impossible - making me like Sonia a little bit, and considering Nat Cassidy is staying indefinitely, that can only be a good thing! :D
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'd enjoy the story more if Sonia wasn't being forced into it. Because of that (& combined with the awful Martin BS we're being fed every night) this feels like a plot device to getting Sonia & Tina together instead of an actual, legitimate storyline that could go anywhere.

I did have a lot of sympathy for Tosh last week - I thought they were doing a good job of building her up, and I thought when Tosh said 'she gives as good as she gets' that we might have seen a twist and it was just an extremely unhealthy, mutually violent relationship which would have been new, interesting and difficult to watch in its own way, but I think it's been set back and pretty clearly just a short-term plot device so I don't imagine it's going to really shock anyone how it shakes out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean's implied gang rapes in prison,

What?!!

Are you sure that's not just DS talk? I remember Dean sharing a scene with Chelsea or Shirley where he said ''everything'' after being asked what happened in prison but I thought that was as far as the conversation went?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'd enjoy the story more if Sonia wasn't being forced into it. Because of that (& combined with the awful Martin BS we're being fed every night) this feels like a plot device to getting Sonia & Tina together instead of an actual, legitimate storyline that could go anywhere. .

Don't get me started on that, while I'm pleased Sonia is back I wish they had come up with a better storyline to explain Martin's absence than this.

However I am able to remember all the crap Sonia put Martin through in the 00s. He was a saint for putting up with her as long as he did. So if he is out playing the field now its only what she did to him. That's how I view it.
  • shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me started on that, while I'm pleased Sonia is back I wish they had come up with a better storyline to explain Martin's absence than this.

However I am able to remember all the crap Sonia put Martin through in the 00s. He was a saint for putting up with her as long as he did. So if he is out playing the field now its only what she did to him. That's how I view it.

I just don't understand why they didn't have them broken up before bringing her back instead of doing this character assassination on him. It doesn't make any sense. Again though - just another plot device in this stupid Sonia/Tina relationship that we're supposed to buy into.
    Forum Member
    Was waiting for a thread about this story. Personally I think it's a great idea. I don't have any sympathy for Tosh, whereas I could at least understand why Trevor and Patrick (In Hollyoaks) act the way they do. However I love Tina. She's played quite naturally, IMO. I feel great sympathy for her. :(

The fact she is still essentially a child makes Tosh's manipulation and abuse even more sinister. That scene last night where Tina felt the urge to apologies for having been hurt sent chills down my spine. It's an obvious sign that an abuse story is about to begin. I also think pregnant Tosh being the abuser would be an interesting twist, and it's the first lesbian domestic abuse story that I can think of.

As for Stan, I think it's definitely being implied that he hit or abused Sylvie. My guess is that although he hit Sylvie when he was drunk, Sylvie took out her hurt and anger on Shirley, and that's why Shirley hates him so much. I don't think Stan is going to be an outright child abuser, but I think Sylvie may well be the ultimate villain - perhaps she was unable to have another child, so adopted Mick, but when Shirley tried to drown Mick (so as to prevent her abusing him), Sylvie left, and never came back.

The fact that Shirley was almost certainly abused, the implied horrors Mick went through in care, Dean's implied gang rapes in prison, and Lee's clear Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder mean that Tina is the last innocent of the adults, and she's finally going to have that innocence stripped from her. And when Ben returns, poor, pretty little Johnny is going to have his innocence taken as well. :(:D

Oh, and this story is already doing the impossible - making me like Sonia a little bit, and considering Nat Cassidy is staying indefinitely, that can only be a good thing! :D

I agree, I think this storyline is already taking an interesting route. I was getting bored of Tina/Tosh but now i'm intrigued.

Obviously Tosh manipulated Tina into believing it was her fault, but I was shocked when Tina actually apologised and Tosh offered her 'forgiveness'.

I was thinking, perhaps, Stan might have been alluding to the abuse Shirley suffered from Sylvie, maybe she tried to excuse her mothers behavior much the same as how Tina is excusing Tosh's? Also, I think Sylvie left prior to the bath incident. (I do hope that gets explained in more detail.)

Dean's implied gang rape? When did that happen? I know something went down when he was in prison but I figured that it was more physical violence, from what he had said?

I never thought I would see the day but, I too, am warming to Sonia. :o
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Tosh is an intriguing character and I really like Tina and I think a lesbian domestic abuse storyline would be very good to do. Domestic abuse regardless of gender is an extremely relevant issue and it's good to address it.

I think the writing has been very good so far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tell you what made me angry, although that was the point, Tina apologising for Tosh hitting her and Tosh accepting her saying sorry like it was all Tina's fault. That's such a sad case of domestic abuse all over.
  • EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The name Tosh says it all.
    Cant stand the character of tina/tosh.