Options

Lulu

Comments

• Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was a needy, nasty, entitled mare on Strictly Come Dancing who put in a request for the hunky new Russian pro, sulked when it got turned down and then spent her entire 6 week run in the show being an utter cow to her actual Pro (who eventually made no secret of his dislike of her).

It all culminated in a delightfully egotistical farewell dance where she broke away from her daughter to do a bizarre disco shimmy that can only be described as a vertical version of Miranda's "warming the bed up" dance.

She makes Elaine Paige look measured and human, and that's going some. Still not quite as monstrous as La Black (although her reliance on a fake, regional accent is equally as repugnant).

Last seen flogging skin cream on QVC. The shame.

Lulu, Elaine Paige and Cilla Black*
    Now there's a triumvirate chanteuse coven, if ever one was conceived.
    Ew.
    Still, I'm all for anything that keeps Pricey off the top of the Showbiz section.

*Actually wondering if it's safe to put those three names together! :o
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Maurice Gibb commenting to some mag interview years ago on his first marriage to Lulu.

"One newspaper report said that I went on smashing cars while on the bender but that only happened when I was married to Lulu at the time."

Ouch!
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a needy, nasty, entitled mare on Strictly Come Dancing who put in a request for the hunky new Russian pro, sulked when it got turned down and then spent her entire 6 week run in the show being an utter cow to her actual Pro (who eventually made no secret of his dislike of her).

It all culminated in a delightfully egotistical farewell dance where she broke away from her daughter to do a bizarre disco shimmy that can only be described as a vertical version of Miranda's "warming the bed up" dance.

She makes Elaine Paige look measured and human, and that's going some. Still not quite as monstrous as La Black (although her reliance on a fake, regional accent is equally as repugnant).

Last seen flogging skin cream on QVC. The shame.

I never knew Lulu had a daughter :confused:
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    I never knew Lulu had a daughter :confused:

No, Lulu doesn't have a mini-me version of her own! :D

Probably 21stCenturyBoy was referring to her daughter-in-law who may have been in the audience at the time.
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    WEEEEE EEEE EEEEE EEEEE EE EE E LL

Did she do anything else?

I haven't liked her since she trashed Sheena Easton. Really very negative.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milf, i would :D
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I haven't liked Lulu for years, I have a friend from Scotland who detests her for the Scottish accent she uses as it is only for show.
    I remember when she judged Sheena Easton on a talent show and said she wouldn't go very far in the business. Sheena went on to success in America and became more famous than Lulu could dream of and she called her some choice names in return for the criticism.

Lulu can't fill an audience now, she looks OK but I wouldn't cross the street to see her.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know what kind of car Lulu drives? I can imagine it being big but not too flashy; something like a Hyundai i800.

But it could just as easily be a BMW X3 or even an X5. I bet she likes to be able to venture off the beaten track. Yes, that's just the kind of thing Lulu would do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why anyone would want to be named after something that sounds like a double toilet is beyond me. Marie Lawrie sounds better...not as chavvy.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Milf, i would :D

Oh Grouty, you really need to have some quality control :D
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Lulu, Elaine Paige and Cilla Black*
    Now there's a triumvirate chanteuse coven, if ever one was conceived.
    Ew.
    Still, I'm all for anything that keeps Pricey off the top of the Showbiz section.

*Actually wondering if it's safe to put those three names together! :o

I didn't realise that Elaine Paige is such a b/w itch!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Lulu has a dog.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I used to love Lulu until I read her biography and realised that underneath the little girl routine she is as hard as nails! I think she had a few good hits during her career but now as a lady in her 60s I find her behaviour, her desperate desire to look young etc, all rather sad. I saw her on TV the other day with a pony tail, beads, boots and black jeans, basically looking like a teenage rock star and I thought it was rather pathetic.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulu - name used as a decoy for another actor.

A hotel near me as a great Indian Restaurant. The hotel was used for filming for Dr Who. A friend of mine was visiting (from another country) and wanted to see some Dr Who locations...as this hotel is near me we arranged a meal there.

My friend was nosey and asked one of the managers for a guided tour. The manger said the hotel was in lockdown from the next day for a few days as they were filming The Sarah Jane series. The film crew were in the hotel, adding furniture and putting touches here and there.

The manger was excited saying there were famous guests booking in tomorrow for filming. We asked who, he said he was sworn to secrecy but he gave in (quickly) and whispered Lulu! They had made her room up and she was arriving tomorrow.

Nothing more was heard about it, but a few months later my friend called, said she had watched the Sarah Jane episode and there was no Lulu, but David Tennant and Nigel Havers.....I often wonder which of these were nicknamed Lulu by the producers to distract from their real names getting out and causing spoilers:D ..maybe Tennant as he is also Scottish?

So Lulu was never in Sarah Jane but they used her as a decoy

Sorry for the long rambling story, but its the only Lulu one I've had at first hand..:blush:
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Awful woman, such a name dropper & the way chooses to adopt her Scottish acceeGeeent when it suits the occasion drives me nuts.

The Scottish accent drives me around the bend and also her desperate need to mention in just about every interview that she was married to one of the BeeGees! She implies she had this special relationship with Maurice when he married again, was happy for over 25 years with that woman and had three children with her! I think he was married to Lulu for around a year when he was 19!!!

Same thing with Patti Boyd, read her biography and she prattled on about her special relationship with George, how they were "soul mates" completely ignoring the fact that he was married to Olivia for years and had a child with her. Deluded.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

I believe she does. A West Highland Terrier. She is Scottish, did you know? And that's a Scottish Breed. Keeping it real.
  • Options
    nerak gnerak g Posts: 2,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have a dog called Lucy, but I often call her Lulu. ;-)
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Lulu until I read her biography and realised that underneath the little girl routine she is as hard as nails! I think she had a few good hits during her career but now as a lady in her 60s I find her behaviour, her desperate desire to look young etc, all rather sad. I saw her on TV the other day with a pony tail, beads, boots and black jeans, basically looking like a teenage rock star and I thought it was rather pathetic.

Really disappointed by her biography it was mind numbingly boring. With such a long career, thought there might be a couple of nuggets at least, but I barely learned a single new thing about her. All the way through, she has a knack of sounding like she's going to reveal something, but never does!

I do love her hair though. Wonder if John still does it!
  • Options
    marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful woman, such a name dropper & the way chooses to adopt her Scottish accent when it suits the occasion drives me nuts.

I have never been a fan of Lulu but must say that (as a Scot having lived in England for many years) that when I speak to a relative on the phone or visit my home town, my much faded Scots accent picks up without me even realising it. I hail from the Highlands though and, I think and have been told, that it is a pleasant accent compared to those of the southern regions of Scotland.
  • Options
    nerak gnerak g Posts: 2,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recall seeing her modelling in my mum's Freemans catalogue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who would win in a fight between Lulu and Katie Price?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    I didn't realise that Elaine Paige is such a b/w itch!

Me neither, originally, but like 'la Black', a number of stories have emerged over the years. I don't particularly like her singing voice, though, so admit to being negatively biased. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Lulu's gone to bed yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Lulu's gone to bed yet?

I wonder if she's friends with any Muslims. ;-)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Oh Grouty, you really need to have some quality control :D

:D:D:D