Options

Love her or hate her...

2»

Comments

• Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Strangely, I believe Helen and Ash probably have the most genuine friendship this series.

I do wonder if it will continue after his mother talks to him
  • Options
    alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been a good housemate. I'm glad she got the pass to the final instead of someone who was just going to coast all the way through anyway.

I quite like her sometimes, she can be funny and whether it will continue outside or not I agree that her and Ash's friendship seems more genuine than most of the others in there. And to be honest, all the hardcore OTT hate she gets puts me off disliking her too much. I know it's par for the course with Big Brother, but she's not evil incarnate like she's made out to be by some people.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Sasparella wrote: »
    I'd agree with most of the above, but I don't think Ash is weak, he's quite clued up on how to handle Helen, we just haven't been shown it though, but she has said that he does take her aside and tells her when he thinks she's been unfair. Anyone that has any dealings with someone of Helen's fiery nature knows that the last thing you do is try to reason with them when they are all fired up, you have to wait til they've calmed down and talk to them away from others.
    Ok, easily led then?

Helen doesn't like Jalé so neither does Ash.

Helen doesn't like Ashleigh, so neither does Ash, although he admits he keeps wanting to like her..'but she's Ashleigh'

Weak, I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TJ-67 wrote: »
    Helen deserves a massive amount of payback for her bullying before this series finishes.

She's had that with several of her friends being evicted.

I'm starting to like Helen more and more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    I do wonder if it will continue after his mother talks to him

Helen has already come clean to Ash about her past, so what more could she tell him?
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not remotely unpredictable.

There such a glaring illogicality in all of this talk of how much Helen has dominated the show and an automatic jump to her being a great housemate. It happens on here every single year. Any kind of exaggerated personality is going to be dominant - including an obnoxious personality.

If the place was full of psychopathic criminals, by that logic, we'd have a house full of 'great housemates'.

What's completely ignored is how suppressed and altered all of those who have to live with her are.
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Helen hasn't entertained me one bit, in fact she's one of the reasons I stopped watching - the endless aggressive behaviour and bullying got tiring pretty quick. I neither love or hate her, I just wish she hadn't been a HM this year, because the other HMs have more than enough personality to have made this series interesting.
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    Well, Helen hasn't entertained me one bit, in fact she's one of the reasons I stopped watching - the endless aggressive behaviour and bullying got tiring pretty quick. I neither love or hate her, I just wish she hadn't been a HM this year, because the other HMs have more than enough personality to have made this series interesting.

Hmm....
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm....

;-):D

Contrived it may be, but I really don't think this series needed Helen - I don't find bullying and shouting to be good entertainment. Just my opinion. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not remotely unpredictable.

What's completely ignored is how suppressed and altered all of those who have to live with her are.

:)Great point. How the other h/ms have coped is the far bigger story for me, and at the same time I feel a little cheated for them that all of the aggression has over-shadowed how their BB experience might have been. There are several h/ms in there who are by order of magnitude more interesting than the loud outbursts that have prevailed.

BB's fault, not Helen's, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    ;-):D

Contrived it may be, but I really don't think this series needed Helen - I don't find bullying and shouting to be good entertainment. Just my opinion. :)

My 'hmm...' was with your contention that 'the other HMs have more than enough personality to have made this series interesting'. It's impossible to say for sure, but I see no reason why this should be the case. Contrary to popular belief, Helen doesn't control the personalities of everyone in there. I'm sure Chris's fans, for example, would say he's his own person, yet I find him to be a terrible disappointment. I don't mind him as a person, but what does he bring to the table? And what about Ashleigh? For the first two weeks she was probably the most forgettable HM in there, registering very lowly on all the poll. Then she started to soar - at exactly the same time she turned against Helen. Or Matthew? Portrayed himself as some snobbish intellectual in the Ben BB11 mould full of witty observations and cutting remarks, yet, again, was pretty nondescript until...he fell out with Helen. I could go on.

Obviously, everyone has their own opinion, but to my mind, we have a very dull group this year, and I dread to think how much duller the house would be if Helen was replaced with a less controversial figure from the outset.
  • Options
    momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OldEnough wrote: »
    Helen has already come clean to Ash about her past, so what more could she tell him?

She hinted she'd slept with someone famous, what about the other 499!:D
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    momoriro wrote: »
    She hinted she'd slept with someone famous, what about the other 499!:D

she didn't look happy when Ash said his mum would have a heart attack if he had sex in the house, it must have dawned on her that she will never be getting invited around for tea at Ash's house :cool:
  • Options
    momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    she didn't look happy when Ash said his mum would have a heart attack if he had sex in the house, it must have dawned on her that she will never be getting invited around for tea at Ash's house :cool:

Laughed my socks off at your hyena comment!:D
    She'd have even more of a heart attack if he sloped up with the horror that is Helen for high tea!:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I laughed when she landed teeth first on Steven's bed. I also liked when they were teasing Steven the next day when they were using the hair dryers. She is also a good sport in some of the gross food tasks which is quite endearing and amusing.

knocking her falsies off the bed was an accident..glad u found it funny
    and as for the food tasks..with the amount of shite that comes out her gob, Im sure she doesnt mind what goes in it.