Options

getting signed?

phillip2phillip2 Posts: 1,125
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i was wondering how one would go of getting signed exactly, any websites, had a look around the sony wesbite etc. what do i exactly need to do, record material? any other websites helpful? thanks

Comments

• Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    You would need to get something recorded as a demonstration of what you can do. Another good thing is knowing what you can can't do and playing to your strengths and getting the right people to hear your material. Going to local pubs and clubs, talking to local acts about what their doing and who their talking to and maybe even booking some gigs for yourself would be good. Network with people who are doing the same thing as you...trying to get a record deal. Use the internet to your advantage and find out what local record labels there are in your city, let them hear what you can do and keep pestering them. These are only some things you can do but getting experience and meeting people who are trying to achieve the same goals as you is a must.

You need to use every bit of knowledge you can get to your advantage and find out where in your area local talent come and play and find out what they are doing and if they are in touch with any labels. Sometimes you can get places like DIgiDJ.com offering to promote your music if they think you are good enough. Having a myspace is probably a good idea too and there are tons of independant acts on there, getting on their friends list and advertising yourself is not a bad idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes myspace always does well, i dont really have facilities though to actually record a demo etc lol.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phillip2 wrote: »
    yes myspace always does well, i dont really have facilities though to actually record a demo etc lol.

You will never even get a lable to talk to you unless you have something tangible i.e. recorded to give them.

Best bet is to save up and get down to your local recording studio and get a few tracks down as a demo. It's actually not that expensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you know how much?