Options

The Graffiti Wars

johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
Forum Member
It was interesting to see a competition between two styles of art being portrayed as a "war". My guess is that King Robbo and Banksy probably respect each other in real life. The tit-for-tat retaliations and re-interpretations of each other's work were done in a humorous and imaginative way, with light-heartedness on both sides.

I was shocked at the end to hear that Robbo is now in a coma. I hope he recovers a.s.a.p.

Comments

• Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »
    It was interesting to see a competition between two styles of art being portrayed as a "war". My guess is that King Robbo and Banksy probably respect each other in real life. The tit-for-tat retaliations and re-interpretations of each other's work were done in a humorous and imaginative way, with light-heartedness on both sides.

I was shocked at the end to hear that Robbo is now in a coma. I hope he recovers a.s.a.p.

I wonder if it was a somone from team banksy who put him in a coma after they caught him going over some of his art.

TEAM KING ROBBO!
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found this in another forum:
    King Robbo Update - 26/04/2011

This statement has been released by 'The King Robbo Trust'.

As rumour, speculation and public comments regarding King Robbo circulate throughout the Art World and Graffiti grapevine, we would like to set the record straight by offering the following statement;

On April 2nd 2011 King Robbo sustained a serious life threatening head injury just 5 days prior to his current exhibition, 'Team Robbo - The Sell Out Tour' at the Signal Gallery, Shoreditch, London.

As a result he has not been available for comment or interviews.
    He was also unable to show all of his intended new works at the current exhibition.

He is now out of the intensive care unit and making small but steady progress.

This has been an extremely difficult time for his family and close friends and we would like their privacy to be respected in light of the current situation.

Some people are saying his injury was the result of a fall and not being found for some time.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good programme. My eyes were opened somewhat about Banksy. His flunkies spying at the Robbo exhibition were particularly odious I thought. Grow the **** up FGS!

Shock ending.

The mighty Ken Cranham doing the voiceover as well!
  • Options
    DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed watching this programme, it was interesting. I don't think Robbo likes Bansky at all. However, Robbo will keep the war between them to the streets, over each others works. I'd hope Banksy is big enough to be respectful towards Robbo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to see this as I rapidly went off Banksy thanks to the Exit Through tH EsTage door programme on 4. Using an elephant or animal for art is not good and shouldn't be encouraged imo so from that moment onwards Banksy is an idiot and I am all team Robbo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't intent to watch this programme but really got into it and found it very interesting. Banksy is a bit of a fraud and plagiarist then? I know some will shoot me down in flames for that comment but I expect his PR company are doing overtime today.

Robbo seems more of a talented artist and very shocked to hear about this problems at the moment I hope he gets well soon.
  • Options
    Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually made a thread about this yesterday lol
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Steve35 wrote: »
    I actually made a thread about this yesterday lol

I started this thread because I couldn't find any others.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mirabelle wrote: »
    I wanted to see this as I rapidly went off Banksy thanks to the Exit Through tH EsTage door programme on 4. Using an elephant or animal for art is not good and shouldn't be encouraged imo so from that moment onwards Banksy is an idiot and I am all team Robbo

It was Mr Brainwash that painted an elephant..not Banksy

It wasnt a programme about banksy's art..banksy just put the film together from Mr Brainwash's footage
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    It was Mr Brainwash that painted an elephant..not Banksy

It wasnt a programme about banksy's art..banksy just put the film together from Mr Brainwash's footage

I'm sure it was the Elephant in the room being a Banksy piece at his 1st show. Yes it was http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/sep/18/arts.artsnews thanks google. So back to my hate of that man.

CAn you tell me if the footage that Banksy is putting together is a film? I seemed to miss something there as the programme was an interview with them both about what he had done we saw what Mr Brainwash put together and BAnksy said he didn't like it and would put something together. But heard nothing else of it