Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mick Foley, despite being one of the most batsh*t crazy and violent wrestlers ever, is an absolute teddybear.

He does a few stand-up comedy shows now and I saw him in Belfast - despite his plane leaving two hours after his gig was over, he stayed after the show to sign autographs and get his photo taken with every single person who was at the gig (this was included in the admission price btw). Never heard anyone say a bad word about him, I was near the back of the queue and he had as much time for me as the folks at the front. Gentleman.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its funny many have said Lulu. I also know someone who met her and they claimed she was a proper diva and had everyone in shock at just how rude she was.
  • koshernostrakoshernostra Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laska wrote: »
    wow, you've met a lot!

How did you meet Tom Petty?

Twice I meet him. Once at party and once on a video shoot, both in Los Angeles.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Didn't they murder 7 people in a 2 day killing spree? Yep, they sound lovely people. I'd like them to be my neighbours in fact.

Yes, and they also killed a young woman and her unborn child (8 months).

Very nice people as you could imagine. I'd very much like to meet them for tea and crumpets.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    A 5 second encouter tells you NOTHING!

Unless they swear at you, push you out of the way or punch you in that time.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Just cos someone ignores you or wont sign an autograph/do a picture doesnt make them a bastard! :rolleyes:

How can a fleeting encouter tell you ANYTHING of any value about a person?? If you've known them personally or worked with them then fine, you probably have some knowledge of what they're like. A 5 second encouter tells you NOTHING!

Agreed. Despite what I said earlier about Derren Brown (who does seem to go out of his way to be nice to people), I certainly don`t think you can automatically assume that someone is an awful peson just because they didn`t sign an autograph on a particular day.

There does seem to be a theme with some people, though. Has anyone had a nice encounter with Cilla? Lulu?
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darthtatty wrote: »
    Ive met quite a few Star Trek and Star Wars actors.

Sir Patrick Stewart-lovely.

Jonathan Frakes-very nice, friendly and chatty

Nana Vistor-lovely, made a special effort to get into a photo with us. She was beind a long row of tables and had to go a long way to walk around them all. She made sure we got a good photo and insisted we take more if needed.

Avery brooks-seemed ok, didnt like picture being taken and wouldnt look anyone in the face or at camera.

Ray Park-the most wonderful person ive ever met. In fact he was so nice im in love with him ;)
    Weve met him a few times and he remembers us.
    I watch him when interacting with people and he acts like theyre the first person he's met that day and spends ages with him. So nice.

Warwick Davis-great guy

Jay Laga'aia-lovely, very happy to chat for ages.

Anthony Daniels-was ok

Jeremy Bulloch-He came up to us and started chatting away about family etc. Nice man.

Both of these werent rude, just didnt really acknowledge us. But did sign an autograph.
    David Prowse-
    Kenny Baker-

A few years ago we met Robert Pattison, He was nice but a bit shy/embarrased. He was at a signing event where there were lots of 'celebs' however noone was going to him.
    I took pity on him, just amazing that a short while later Twilight was released. Bet he doesnt have that problem anymore :)

I've only heard of Sir Patrick Stewart. Who the heck are the others?
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only heard of Sir Patrick Stewart. Who the heck are the others?

Anthony Daniels-C3PO
    Kenny Baker-R2D2
    Dave Prowse-Darth Vadar/70s Green Cross Man ads
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't they murder 7 people in a 2 day killing spree? Yep, they sound lovely people. I'd like them to be my neighbours in fact.

Yes they were all involved in the murders. Have you read Helter Skelter?

The murders were in the summer of 1969. I met them in 1990 and they were not the crazy, drugged out, zombies who Charles Manson had control over.

There so much more to my views that I can't go into on this thread.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Yup, and I hope they are released at some point. Too late for Susan Atkins who died a few years ago.

Yeah, what a shame.

'I was stoned, man, stoned on acid,' Atkins testified during the trial's penalty phase.
    'I don't know how many times I stabbed (Tate) and I don't know why I stabbed her," she said. 'She kept begging and pleading and begging and pleading and I got sick of listening to it, so I stabbed her.'
    She said she felt 'no guilt for what I've done. It was right then and I still believe it was right'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1216007/Susan-Atkins-Manson-family-killer-dies-brain-cancer.html#ixzz1wpiXlZQo
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Yes they were all involved in the murders. Have you read Helter Skelter?

The murders were in the summer of 1969. I met them in 1990 and they were not the crazy, drugged out, zombies who Charles Manson had control over.

There so much more to my views that I can't go into on this thread.

Perhaps that's just as well.

Meantime, excuse me if I don't consider your views on these particular "nice celebritities" as having any validity whatsoever.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anthony Daniels-C3PO
    Kenny Baker-R2D2
    Dave Prowse-Darth Vadar/70s Green Cross Man ads

Thank you. :) It shows how behind the times I am.
  • brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Maybe he didn't hear your "hi's"? I wouldn't call someone a c*nt just because they don't reply to me when I say hi. Did he do something else as well?

Oh, I definitely said 'hi' loud enough. I thought I'd give it a few minutes, so I went back up to him and said hi again but he still blanked me. I thought it was very rude of him not to reply back, so for that day forward, I decided to not like him haha. But I have heard from other people that he is quite rude and obnoxious.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    brettriot wrote: »
    Oh, I definitely said 'hi' loud enough. I thought I'd give it a few minutes, so I went back up to him and said hi again but he still blanked me. I thought it was very rude of him not to reply back, so for that day forward, I decided to not like him haha. But I have heard from other people that he is quite rude and obnoxious.

Ok, fair enough. :D

I just thought to mention it, because I've been mentioned to be rude to some people, when I've simply been in my own thoughts and own little world for a moment, and have accidentally ignored people who have said hi to me. :o
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand that. From reading Helter Skelter myself, I got the impression that the members of Manson's 'Family' were emotionally damaged, vulnerable people, who Manson systematically brainwashed with mind-control techniques, hallucinogenic drugs and all other kinds of craziness. Without his malign influence and control, I doubt the murders would have happened.

Very interested in your experience, but it's off-topic sadly, so I shall refrain from asking!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, what a shame.

'I was stoned, man, stoned on acid,' Atkins testified during the trial's penalty phase.
    'I don't know how many times I stabbed (Tate) and I don't know why I stabbed her," she said. 'She kept begging and pleading and begging and pleading and I got sick of listening to it, so I stabbed her.'
    She said she felt 'no guilt for what I've done. It was right then and I still believe it was right'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1216007/Susan-Atkins-Manson-family-killer-dies-brain-cancer.html#ixzz1wpiXlZQo

Don't have to go to the link, I'm quite familiar with the case and Atkins death.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its funny many have said Lulu. I also know someone who met her and they claimed she was a proper diva and had everyone in shock at just how rude she was.

I've heard that from others, but don't know first hand. I imagine her to be a nice person.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rutakateki wrote: »
    I can understand that. From reading Helter Skelter myself, I got the impression that the members of Manson's 'Family' were emotionally damaged, vulnerable people, who Manson systematically brainwashed with mind-control techniques, hallucinogenic drugs and all other kinds of craziness. Without his malign influence and control, I doubt the murders would have happened.

Very interested in your experience, but it's off-topic sadly, so I shall refrain from asking!

Manson wasn't actually present at any of the murders though was he ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps that's just as well.

Meantime, excuse me if I don't consider your views on these particular "nice celebritities" as having any validity whatsoever.

To be honest, I couldn't give a rats ass about what you think, but why do I think it all comes down to envy? Not that I think I'm all that or my views are worth diddly, but you are barely able to conceal it.

After all this is a lighthearted thread that you have decided to make personal.

There is much more to life than hanging on Daily Mail views. Stepping into these 'nice peoples' world gives you a better understanding than self righteous sanctimonious views and mob mentality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    Manson wasn't actually present at any of the murders though was he ?

You are right he wasn't present, and they were angry, impressionable teenagers who are now grey haired women in their late 60's.

They've learned a lot about themselves and what they did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Ed Westwick - Met him in a pub when his friend was trying to chat me up, using the line 'Do you want to meet my friend?' He is ridiculously good looking in real life, and the only celebrity I've ever seen who actually has that whole 'aura' thing going on. Was lovely and down to earth, and talking to everyone, including some teenage girls that were waiting outside for photos. We had a few drinks with him before they left and went to another pub where apparently he acted quite sleazily to the barmaid that I know. Saw him in the same pub a few weeks later with Jessica Szohr when they were together, both wearing ridiculous hats, and kept themselves to themselves. They left and were having a huge argument down the street.

Saw Diana Vickers about a year ago at a club night her boyfriend runs. She was really friendly to the boys in there, but quite rude to the girls, kept dancing into my friend all night and spilt her drink over her without apologising.

Ellie Goulding was there the same night and was really lovely. It was just after the royal wedding, and we chatted about her performing for Kate and Will. Saw her in the toilet later talking to a girl about her trousers which she'd ripped. Such a lovely girl, someone you want to be friends with.

Met Sam Robertson (played Adam Barlow in Corrie, and was in Beaver Falls,) in the same pub a few weeks later. Had a huge hat on and seemed to be by himself. Really good looking but seemed to be quite full of himself. Attempted to chat me up, and as soon as it was clear I wasn't going to go home with him moved straight on to a girl standing two foot away from me.

Caroline Flack was incredibly obnoxious. Saw her in a pub around the time she first started to date Harry Styles. It was an acoustic night, and really quiet, but she came into the pub talking really loud, without any respect for the singer. My friend was at the bar talking to the barman, and she interrupted her to attempt to chat him up. Spent the whole night trying to draw attention to herself. Have heard a lot of bad things about her, she has a bit of a reputation for going with men that can help further her career.

I see quite a lot of famous people in the pubs around Camden/Kentish town again and again. Jameela Jamil is lovely and always looks beautiful, spoke to my friend for quite a long time about getting a job in journalism. See Rick Edwards quite a lot as he lives around here, never actually met/spoken to him, but he's a giant and very good looking! Saw Julian Barrett and Julia Davis quite a few times when I lived in another area of London, though never together. I'm such a huge fan of Julia's that I've never had the courage to approach her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Diana Vickers about a year ago at a club night her boyfriend runs. She was really friendly to the boys in there, but quite rude to the girls, kept dancing into my friend all night and spilt her drink over her without apologising.
    I love Diana's music, but she has turned into a snooty little madam since X-Factor. Fame seems to have gone to her head. Not sure why, either, she's pretty much flopped.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firewalker wrote: »
    A friend of mine was a dresser at Yorkshire tv many years ago and she said the worst person she ever worked with was Miriam Stoppard....she had a show where she gave advice to people on sensitive emotional matters and she would look and act all caring and sympathetic but as soon as the camera was off she treated everyone like dirt.

I remember that show :eek:
    I always thought she seemed up herself.

My mum temped as a secretary at YTV for a good while and said that the then Calendar news team who she was working for were mostly nice (I think Richard Madeley was with them, then, too) but she didn't like Richard Whiteley. She also saw people like DameThora Hird (who was starring in 'In Loving Memory' at the time) and the Emeerdale cast. She said most of them were just friendly, ordinary people when they were in the canteen and didn't set themselves apart from the other 'staff'. It was a positive experience for her.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Sean Bean & he was very nice. I met Neil Morrissey & he was a **** (ditto Frank Lampard). Jonathan Knight from New Kids On The Block was nice.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    You are right he wasn't present, and they were angry, impressionable teenagers who are now grey haired women in their late 60's.

They've learned a lot about themselves and what they did.

It did not help that they treated the court as as a joke. Van houten and krenwinkel will die in jail.