✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Meh. Don't do drugs kids.
    I concur
    Could not see him being there for the long haul, like ODB
    :sleep:
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I've literally just read that, I'm gutted, love quite a bit of his music, can't believe that he could be going :(
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lil Wayne has tweeted he is fine and thanks everyone for their prayers ..
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone over at ONTD has been very confused over who is sending out the right info here. TMZ are certainly backtracking from the 'last rites' comments. Who knows. Lots of theories *tinfoil hats at the ready*
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I for one hope it is not true. I had something of an obsession over him a couple of years back :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Wow, that's sad :( Something about live blogging a sick person is a bit odd to me. I hope he's okay though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mods, edit the title for me please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's sad :( Something about live blogging a sick person is a bit odd to me. I hope he's okay though!

Yes I know what you mean.

I hope he pulls through.

Off to google 'sizzurp' as I haven't heard of it before.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I know what you mean.

I hope he pulls through.

Off to google 'sizzurp' as I haven't heard of it before.

I think I remember reading its a mix of cough syrup and a light soft drink - Lil Wayne has a codeine addiction, reportedly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I remember reading its a mix of cough syrup and a light soft drink - Lil Wayne has a codeine addiction, reportedly.

Yeh that's pretty much it according to the links I found.

A mix of prescription cough syrup, sugary soda like coke or mountain dew, with hard boiled sweets often added for extra flavour. Some people apparently add vodka.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »

Look at that photo.

He looks like he hasn't slept for a month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A mix of prescription cough syrup, sugary soda like coke or mountain dew, with hard boiled sweets often added for extra flavour. Some people apparently add vodka.

Gangsta.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd never heard of it either. I thought folk addicted to codeine etc just took pills until last night! Sounds absolutely disgusting (says the person who loves Night Nurse and used to drink it out the bottle)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this isn't all some media stunt.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I read TMZ occasionally and came across this. Not really a fan but I saw this thread the other day

Lil' Wayne out of intensive care. Now in a stable condition
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan. Just hope people remember that drug abuse is often a symptom of mental illness, lack of support, depression, stress etc. This idea that it must be mindless self-indulgence is unfair and cold.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Not a fan. Just hope people remember that drug abuse is often a symptom of mental illness, lack of support, depression, stress etc. This idea that it must be mindless self-indulgence is unfair and cold.

My granny was robbed by a junkie and left for dead so I have little sympathy for hearing mindless and meaningless excuses