Options

Itchy underarms after shaving

bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
Forum Member
Whenever I shave my underarms for days after they seem to be really badly itchy it's probably the hair slowly growing back but the whole area is very irritable. I have sensitive skin so I've tried using a bit of e45 but nothing seems to ease the itchiness.

It's the sort of thing I'd usually let slide but my hair in general grows back really fast and it is really annoying.

Anyone got any tips to help ease the irritability?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be worth getting a new razor.

Mine do that if I've used either a cheap razor or a blunt one, it never happens when I use a sharp decent one (by decent- I mean anything other than the dirt cheap things, bic as an example).

Also, maybe sudocrem at night, it will help. Just not during the day as its thick stuff and you'll not be able to wear deodorant plus it will damage your clothes.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be worth getting a new razor.

Mine do that if I've used either a cheap razor or a blunt one, it never happens when I use a sharp decent one (by decent- I mean anything other than the dirt cheap things, bic as an example).

Also, maybe sudocrem at night, it will help. Just not during the day as its thick stuff and you'll not be able to wear deodorant plus it will damage your clothes.

Good old sudocrem, so many uses!

OP, you could try Skin Doctors Ingrow Go for daytime as you can put deodorant on over it. I find it soothes razor rash in no time.

http://www.boots.com/en/Skin-Doctors-Ingrow-Go-Lotion-120ml_14578/