Options

On DS, how long does a disaciplinary stay active for ?

PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
Forum Member
I got banned here for 48 hours and then 7 days on the BB debates (got a bit carried away) , question is how long does it stay on my DS record forever to be held against me at another transgression of the DS rules and mods mood or is it expunged at some date. Anybody know?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea Pamthehound. Alert your post above and the mods might give an outline of their processes and decision making although I imagine there is a fair degree of discretion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    You'll never work again!!
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't know, I've never been banned *snout*
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it went:

24 hours > 48 hours > 2 weeks > FOREVER!

Although that's probably wrong; there seems to be some posters who have been banned about 5 times or so.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pam, while your talking to DS can you also ask them why they flush away extraordinarily entertaining threads based on real world problems that are pertinent to everyday living. ie unflushable turds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    They exercise some discretion as far as I am aware.

If you are someone who is a good contributor, actively engages in discussions and then go off on a rant they may exercise some of that discretion, and whereas it would normally result in a long "holiday" or even a permanent ban, they may elect to lower the time you are away due to your past contributions if they feel your rant is rare and possibly provoked.

Plus of course, there isn't just one moderator working 24 hours a day. So something posted may be classed as worthy of a temporary ban by one mod, but another mod may treat it differently on a different day. They obviously have some strict rules on certain things, but other comments may be open to interpretation and be treated differently by different mods. That's just human nature really.
  • Options
    shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got banned here for 48 hours and then 7 days on the BB debates (got a bit carried away) , question is how long does it stay on my DS record forever to be held against me at another transgression of the DS rules and mods mood or is it expunged at some date. Anybody know?

Personally I think being unable to spell the word DISCIPLINARY warrants a 14 day ban itself.