EastEnders dropped

Comments

• OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Put the footy on bbc 3 instead

Yeah, they'll put something the paid a lot of money for and that brings in millions upon millions of viewers onto BBC3, a channel that's soon to be axed.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Find yourself a sense of humour and you'll understand it better.

Got one, thanks. Post #44 has it bang on, people on here will be distraught and probably fire off complaint emails.
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Thursday 730

Why not Wednesday? Don't tell me. Holby city takes priority
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got one, thanks. Post #44 has it bang on, people on here will be distraught and probably fire off complaint emails.

And those people should drag themselves away from the screen and get a bloody life.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Oh for f**k sake, the sooner all this football and tennis ends the better. :mad:

Thank god it ends next week!
  • allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Yeah, they'll put something the paid a lot of money for and that brings in millions upon millions of viewers onto BBC3, a channel that's soon to be axed.

And just putting that to one side, the WC football will pull in better figures and better shares than EE would. I can go without EE for a day or two...I don't really mind. I've been enjoying this World Cup so much that the soaps are not essential viewing for me.

Now, for Belgium v USA :D
    Forum Member
    Why not Wednesday? Don't tell me. Holby city takes priority

Because The crappy One Show is on for an hour!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    No, Scrabbler was joking.

No, I'm sure like most normal person they realise that NEITHER of those things are important at all.

im glad im not a most normal person, whatever that means.

but i would say most people do see one as important even if it isnt something they watch.

trust me there would be a far bigger sh##storm if bbc decided not to bother with the world cup or the euros, or wimbledon and let sky have them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Belgium an USA don't strike me as great teams. Stick them on the add channel or itv
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I can't understand is why considering there's no football over the next two days following today, that they didn't just schedule Eastenders for tomorrow night getting rid of the risk of their being half time. I was really enjoying the climax to the game but when I heard just there that it was being shown on Thursday instead now I really wish that the game had just finished in it's normal time, it is frustrating.

I highly doubt that anybody believes that the World Cup would be cancelled so soap operas could air uninterrupted but I do understand that some people would love to see it happen and if I wasn't a football fan as well I'd understand.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Thursday 730

What about the episode originally scheduled for that slot?
    Forum Member
    So when is Thursday's episode going too air if Tuesday's ep is in its place?
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im glad im not a most normal person, whatever that means.

but i would say most people do see one as important even if it isnt something they watch.

trust me there would be a far bigger sh##storm if bbc decided not to bother with the world cup or the euros, or wimbledon and let sky have them.

Indeed and the BBC has by far the best sports coverage out of any of the channels.

I've been enjoying the World Cup and considering there will be an hour long episode on Thursday I don't see what the problem is.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belgium an USA don't strike me as great teams. Stick them on the add channel or itv

Well they're better than England are these days!
    Forum Member

Belgium look strong on paper, not necessarily so on pitch, USA pretty decent and solid, keep it on BBC1. You never know, it might actually be a really good game. Can't really judge a game before it's even started.

And they can't stick it on ITV because the BBC picked this match. So that's that.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, any evidence of this other than jokes that you have taken seriously?

Of course there would be. It doesn't make football "important" by any stretch of the imagination.
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people seriously can't handle being without EE for one night, then you really need to evaluate your priorities in life.

The toys are flying out of prams in here.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You clearly don't watch much football if this is what you think.
    Forum Member
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Indeed and the BBC has by far the best sports coverage out of any of the channels.

I've been enjoying the World Cup and considering there will be an hour long episode on Thursday I don't see what the problem is.

I absolutely agree.

The BBC (probably bar Sky) have excellent sports coverage and I'm enjoying their WC coverage. ITV are simply dreadful and the Tyldesley's commentary even worse.

As I've said before, I can wait until Thursday for the hour-long.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Yes, any evidence of this other than jokes that you have taken seriously?

Of course there would be. It doesn't make football "important" by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't believe everyone is joking, I see threads like this everytime sport bumps soaps later or off completely, people will be deadly serious.

Do you have evidence that "everyone is joking", please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people seriously can't handle being without EE for one night, then you really need to evaluate your priorities in life.

Nobody's said that. A couple of people said they were disappointed and now they're being tarred with the "crazy" brush. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Well they're better than England are these days!

Anyone is better than England :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe everyone is joking, I see threads like this everytime sport bumps soaps later or off completely, people will be deadly serious.

Do you have evidence that "everyone is joking", please?

Scrabbler is the only person who said "Cancel the football", that poster doesn't take things like this seriously and is always sarcastic/humorous. It's pretty obvious.
  • Spdub2Spdub2 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    So when is Thursday's episode going too air if Tuesday's ep is in its place?

More importantly when can RTE show Thursday's episode given they have just shown tonight's episode
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I absolutely agree.

The BBC (probably bar Sky) have excellent sports coverage and I'm enjoying their WC coverage. ITV are simply dreadful and the Tyldesley's commentary even worse.

As I've said before, I can wait until Thursday for the hour-long.

is it an hour long? the sky guide just says its 30 minutes for me.