Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Guys tbh after watching that sunday brunch interview you could say that I am unhappy to say the least. She said that she was in the process of starting the launch and then was called in to do an audition and was called an hour later with the news that she got it. Now what pisses me off is that as fans of hers we are never considered in what she wants to do. I mean why was it so hard for alex to say thank you for the opportunity but it conflicts with my schedule? I think its a bit selfish on her part.
    Ps one other thing that is gonna be alexs fatal flaw will be that her managers spent so much money towards this project only for her to go to the west end. They will get sick of her radical behaviour and drop her... this is my opinion btw guys.

To be fair to her, she turned down the Bodyguard once before to concentrate on her second album, and look how that turned out.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    And also her managers probably encouraged the bodyguard tbh it wouldn't have just been her decision, jojo and Kevin want her to be as flexible as possible regarding career choices so she can make them a solid income! I hope the music comes straight after but I really doubt it, I bet it's delay after delay after the bodyguard and she's had all this time. She may aswell call it a day if it gets delayed any longer lmao
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is, she's never honest with her fans. There's a difference between holding things back and just blatantly leading fans to think something else.

She was all too happy to tell fans on Twitter about launching a US debut only for her to do a complete 180 and launch a West End career. I agree with beastieletsgo, this kind of drastic behaviour is just too much for fans to follow. She would have known for months about The Bodyguard but still went on about this US debut even though she knew it was already delayed indefinitely.

She needs to stop the lies because they are stacking up. She lied to fans about HOH being postponed to 2012. She said it wouldn't be and the album was coming out, but then it was delayed by almost 6 months. Then she just cancelled that Lady Sings The Blues tour out of the blue to work on her US debut album and launch, which would have been fair enough had she actually made proper use of the time.

But then she has now delayed the US plans indefinitely, fans have no idea what the hell is going on, her plans change wildly every time. Most of her fans have already moved on, and if this is how she is treating her remaining fans then I just hope she doesn't decide on a UK comeback because it will fail so hard.
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad that Jessie j has begged her way to relevance again with Grande and Minaj on single 1 of album 3 while Alex has done this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Sad that Jessie j has begged her way to relevance again with Grande and Minaj on single 1 of album 3 while Alex has done this.

It's a huge risk, if the song flops then she's going nowhere. If it succeeds, there's no guarantee that it will sell her album. Ariana and Nicki are 1000x more popular than Jessie J, so their fans will probably just buy the single and that's it. It's not really a smart move.

Plus Ariana will likely overshadow Jessie as she is more talented. She should have just got Nicki on the track alone and hoped for the best. I can see it being a mess if the song is wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The problem is, she's never honest with her fans. There's a difference between holding things back and just blatantly leading fans to think something else.

She was all too happy to tell fans on Twitter about launching a US debut only for her to do a complete 180 and launch a West End career. I agree with beastieletsgo, this kind of drastic behaviour is just too much for fans to follow. She would have known for months about The Bodyguard but still went on about this US debut even though she knew it was already delayed indefinitely.

She needs to stop the lies because they are stacking up. She lied to fans about HOH being postponed to 2012. She said it wouldn't be and the album was coming out, but then it was delayed by almost 6 months. Then she just cancelled that Lady Sings The Blues tour out of the blue to work on her US debut album and launch, which would have been fair enough had she actually made proper use of the time.

But then she has now delayed the US plans indefinitely, fans have no idea what the hell is going on, her plans change wildly every time. Most of her fans have already moved on, and if this is how she is treating her remaining fans then I just hope she doesn't decide on a UK comeback because it will fail so hard.

Nah KWL will drop her if that happens they've wasted too many funds with this studio time and planes Alex is gonna have to do something stateside she should have been at the BET awards talking about sevyn collab plans sigh
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything's gone quiet on the KWL front though. Jojo hasn't mentioned her in ages yet he always mentioned her last year, there's been no photos of them posted for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Everything's gone quiet on the KWL front though. Jojo hasn't mentioned her in ages yet he always mentioned her last year, there's been no photos of them posted for a while.

They've still promoted her how can they create buzz if she's across the Atlantic no point in a sense it would be better to wait and promote when she flies badk
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Could you guys please click this link to help me win a signed CD?
    http://bouncin.it/XvSTy

Thank you :D
    (Also don't be affraid to share it on social media)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh. I want this song so bad. I wish that unreleased album would leak. :cry::(

http://telly.com/EAJDM
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm what exactly is alex doing promo for, if her stint ends in 2 months? How is she doing more promo for this than her albums? She needs to stop being so fake with us and just release a blog of some sort.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bodyguard releasing alex's bodyguard trailer this afternoon yay
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sigh. I want this song so bad. I wish that unreleased album would leak. :cry::(

http://telly.com/EAJDM

that song slayed so much just by that snippet :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhcz3Z0JSN8
    our girl got her trailer finally
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    And it's amazing! I've been waiting so long for it! She sounds great, and looks too!
  • Options
    perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhcz3Z0JSN8
    our girl got her trailer finally

Seems like the trailer has the studio versions of all the songs, apparently Alex has already recorded everything :D Can't wait to hear all of them in full soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been ages since I've heard her sing IWDWS, she looks and sounds great in the trailer. It seems like this is almost like training for her.

I just hope she gets back into her music career asap after finishing the show. It's interesting that it says the show "must end" August 29th, so unless it's going to Broadway and Alex is going with it, the show will be done pretty soon.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    The show goes on tour after it finishes at the West End. It's been confirmed she will be doing the shows in Aberdeen next March, and I think she said she would consider doing more.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Well that's a shame

Her version of IWALY gave me goosebumps
  • Options
    Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    The show goes on tour after it finishes at the West End. It's been confirmed she will be doing the shows in Aberdeen next March, and I think she said she would consider doing more.

Where has it been confirmed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    Where has it been confirmed?

It was confirmed in an article the aberdeen 1s
  • Options
    Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    It was confirmed in an article the aberdeen 1s

I have done some research and can't find this anywhere tbh
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

Same. It wouldn't surprise me. But I do want her to focus on music and her fashion and actually getting an artist identity. She needs to seriously plan this album out. It's her last chance. I want fire promo shoots.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    It's been ages since I've heard her sing IWDWS, she looks and sounds great in the trailer. It seems like this is almost like training for her.

I just hope she gets back into her music career asap after finishing the show. It's interesting that it says the show "must end" August 29th, so unless it's going to Broadway and Alex is going with it, the show will be done pretty soon.

Same. I need good music from her. It's been a long time.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it was confirmed, I remember it being posted on here at the time.