Judge Rinder

Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because he isn't a real judge, are his judgements enforceable by law if people refuse to honour his judgements?
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^I thought he was a bonafide judge^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    ^I thought he was a bonafide judge^

No. He's a defence barrister.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he isn't a real judge, are his judgements enforceable by law if people refuse to honour his judgements?

It would be if the claimant/defendant signed a contact to say they will abide with the ruling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    It would be if the claimant/defendant signed a contact to say they will abide with the ruling.

I wonder how legal that is though if it was challenged.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That last case, for a minute I thought I had tuned into a pantomime...... Dead ringers for the wicked stepmother and ugly sisters from Cinderella.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how legal that is though if it was challenged.
    I expect it is like Judge Judy, completely pretend, with the TV show making the payouts not the losers.

If it is not a completely pretend court and actualy binding arbitration masquarding as a court, then its decisions can be appealed. However if they have before the case waived the ability to appeal on a point of law, then they can only appeal on substantive jurisdiction which is unlikely as they would of pre-agreed that or serious irregularity specified in the Arbitration Act which is unlikely as if they lost the appeal they would have to pay costs.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,622
    Forum Member
    Tatyana wrote: »
    It looks awful, and Rinder already comes across as having all the charm of a cricket bat.

I will stick with Judge Judy, who is hilarious and charasmatic and has more authority in her little finger than I suspect Judge Rinder has in his entire body.

Totally agree.
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    Is Judge Rinder a real judge? Or is he a actor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    c0bo wrote: »
    Is Judge Rinder a real judge? Or is he a actor?

He's a defence barrister.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Yesterdays episode with the mother and daughter was ridiculous, it looked like it was made up by the production company.
    Tatyana wrote: »
    It looks awful, and Rinder already comes across as having all the charm of a cricket bat.

I will stick with Judge Judy, who is hilarious and charasmatic and has more authority in her little finger than I suspect Judge Rinder has in his entire body.
    After watching a few episodes now, I completely agree.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no difference between Rinder and Judy IMO. Judy's just as much of a gobshite as Rinder.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooo! Last ep today. :(:(
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    These two people on the show today are what is wrong with this country.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These two people on the show today are what is wrong with this country.
    Today......yesterday......the day before. :D

Look on the bright side though - we're not quite at Jeremy Kyle levels yet. :)
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is sooooo camp !.
  • sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping that he’d put a black cloth on his head and bellow....” TAKE THEM TO THE GALLOWS!"
  • GrolsGrols Posts: 299,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natalie looks like Kerry Katona with black hair :D
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Next Friday ;)
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,622
    Forum Member
    First time I have watched the whole hour and I think he is a total &rse. He keeps on saying it is a serious court of law then makes silly, snidey 'jokes'. Not impressed at all. Bring back Judge Judy.
  • RhondaRhonda Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    skiprunner wrote: »
    I've watched this twice and zoomed in on that picture, that greyhound DID have the black muzzle on!!!!

And Jack Russell s are vicious little dogs and I fully believe that the greyhound was defending itself....wrong ruling!

Yup. Only yesterday saw 2 terriers ( 1 JRT & 1 Yorkshire) chase a terrified lab pup out from a green area through a gap and onto a main road hotly pursued by the panicking owner of the the pup. Fortunately it wasn't caught by the dogs or injured on the road. Terriers will be terriers. Should be muzzled or kept on lead.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

My telly guide said last episode today too. BUT planner shows it's on all next week :) reckon they thought they'd try out 10 shows or whatever and decide in the first week whether we have an appetite for Judge Grindr and guess what, we do :):);)
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Carry on Camping"
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    My telly guide said last episode today too. BUT planner shows it's on all next week :) reckon they thought they'd try out 10 shows or whatever and decide in the first week whether we have an appetite for Judge Grindr and guess what, we do :):);)

This does appear to have been a mistake, my TV guide also shows today's episode as being the last one, but 20 episodes have been made (10 have been shown so far), and the online TV planner has the show continuing for 2 weeks until September 5th which agrees with that.

Please note that Monday's episode (Aug 25) is scheduled for 1:40 pm instead of 2:00 pm, back to 2:00 pm on Tuesday.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Just looked on the sky for next week and hes on every day.