Options

Lillywood & the prick with robin schulz - prayer in c

mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
Forum Member
✭✭
wow... how dark is that?... love the almost contradictory elements of her mournfull voice, the sombre guitar riff and the upbeat tempo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1UWMFYXlP4

what an unusual track to get to #1 , its almost a lament, decrying either god or warmongering politicians...not sure which myself although the clues probably in the title and the use of the lyric 'ya'. but i guess its one of those tracks that is rather open to interpretation... abit like 'songbird' (those of you who have watched 'family guys' episode featuring that and anne murray will know what i mean, if you didnt already).

im tired of hearing the old mantra 'musics crap nowdays' yeah right, ive heard that for 50 years, this track i suggest is a prime example of decent, modern pop music - and i bet john peel would have supported it. (funny how alot of peel fans dont follow peels example, and champion modern new music )

couldnt find a thread on this, so i started one, apologies if there is somewhere.

Comments

• Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    Prayer In C is easily one of my favourite tracks of the year. Really glad to see the song hitting #1 in the UK joining the endless list of countries where this song has already been a #1 hit.

Adore the melody, the thought provoking lyrics and the captivating yet mournful female vocals. Then Robin Schulz cranks up the tempo to make it "youth friendly" and et voila, a massive hit single.