Kelly Brook - abuser?

13»

Comments

• hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Is she pregnant or just hitting the pies?

That's a very matronly figure for a childless young woman.

she isn't that young.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't get why her weight is relevant. the fact is she condones violence against men. She's to be criticised for that. her weight is nothing to do with anything.
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't get why her weight is relevant. the fact is she condones violence against men. She's to be criticised for that. her weight is nothing to do with anything.

Indeed.

Picking on her weight is not only pathetic and immature, it derails from an important issue and that is how female on male violence is still considered perfectly fine.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Indeed.

Picking on her weight is not only pathetic and immature, it derails from an important issue and that is how female on male violence is still considered perfectly fine.

I suspect she would be more upset about people criticising her weight than her behaviour.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed.

You're reaching. Please don't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're reaching. Please don't.

I am? The thread HAS become more about her weight than her violent streak, has it not? So how am I reaching?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,926
    Forum Member
    I saw her on This Morning and her violence was laughed off by herself and the presenters as if she was a mere female who could not hurt anyone.

Initially she denied punching anyone in the face but what she wrote was read out in a light hearted way as if her violence was acceptable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am? The thread HAS become more about her weight than her violent streak, has it not? So how am I reaching?

I made the original weight remark as an aside, thread discussions often deviate from the title, this is predominately an entertainment forum after all, not a debating society.

You're reading far too much into it and ascribing all manner inferences, hence my use of the word, 'reaching'.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    I saw her on This Morning and her violence was laughed off by herself and the presenters as if she was a mere female who could not hurt anyone.

Initially she denied punching anyone in the face but what she wrote was read out in a light hearted way as if her violence was acceptable.
    And that's why a nasty peice of work like Brooks and her ilk get away with it.>:( Domestic violence isn't a laughing matter, no matter who does it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made the original weight remark as an aside, thread discussions often deviate from the title, this is predominately an entertainment forum after all, not a debating society.

You're reading far too much into it and ascribing all manner inferences, hence my use of the word, 'reaching'.

Fair enough, although serious topics are actually very often debated on here. See the latest Michael Jackson thread.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Another day. Another picture. She can't close her mouth.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/c36085350549059
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine if this were switched around and it was Jason Statham that had admitted to punching Kelly in his book. The media would have an absolute field day and I can guarantee that Phil and Holly would not have been laughing with him whilst he recounted what had happened.

The sad thing is all this has seemingly worked to Kelly Brook's advantage. She's getting lots of press attention again and no doubt some people will buy her book just to read about the said incidents. I mean without the incidents mentioned how much attention would her book be getting? My guess is not much, she's hardly led a very interesting life and she's never shown any talent for anything other than posing provocatively.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hugely disappointed in Kelly. I knew she was never a contender for the Nobel Prize for Literature but I always thought she came across as a warm, caring, pleasant person.

This all just shows her as desperately vacuous, incredibly dense and not even willing to take responsibility for her actions in blaming 'poor management' for her pitiful response to physically attacking her past boyfriends.

As for her being a size 10. No - she is a size 14 at least - nothing wrong with that - I would kill for her breasts (!) - but anyone with eyes can see she is nowhere near a size 10 and should stop pretending otherwise.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it a playful hit or an aggressive punch?
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Was it a playful hit or an aggressive punch?

'He turned around and was met with my fist in his face' - Doesn't sound playful at all

And a punch to the face is never really playful. A jab to the arm COULD be playful, The face? No
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    'He turned around and was met with my fist in his face' - Doesn't sound playful at all

And a punch to the face is never really playful. A jab to the arm COULD be playful, The face? No

Women get away with these things though, especially today and especially self entitled women like Kelly Brook. I don't think a woman like her who trades on her image and sexiness would handle jealousy of other women or her partner's head being turned very well.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Women get away with these things though, especially today and especially self entitled women like Kelly Brook. I don't think a woman like her who trades on her image and sexiness would handle jealousy of other women or her partner's head being turned very well.

Unfortunately, I think that is true in a lot of cases, and I think whoever earlier in the thread said that we were meant to be going 'You go girl, don't let them disrespect you' like it's something to look up to and admire her, for was completely right.

Just because she wouldn't be able to do the same damage that either Jason or Danny could have done to her doesn't make it okay or somehow less serious.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbnutnut wrote: »
    Hitting someone who can't defend themselves adequately i.e. a child or weaker person (male or female) = abuser. Hitting someone who can knock you out may equal a psychological abuser, i.e. the other person is more vulnerable mentally. But if someone is stronger than you and can hit you back, it is not the same thing as hitting someone weaker.

What utter rubbish
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hugely disappointed in Kelly. I knew she was never a contender for the Nobel Prize for Literature but I always thought she came across as a warm, caring, pleasant person.

This all just shows her as desperately vacuous, incredibly dense and not even willing to take responsibility for her actions in blaming 'poor management' for her pitiful response to physically attacking her past boyfriends.

As for her being a size 10. No - she is a size 14 at least - nothing wrong with that - I would kill for her breasts (!) - but anyone with eyes can see she is nowhere near a size 10 and should stop pretending otherwise.

I'm afraid that her permanent slot in the Daily Fail's daily 'sexy curves' and 'not much else' topspot, for years now, has been not only baffling but also a glaring red flag for me.

Only absolute 'publicity munters' end up in that paper on a regular basis. The gripping saga continues today, with a picture of Jason Statham's face next to her's, presumably as an 'ex'. I thought someone at Team Fail would at least have drawn a bushy beard somewhere on that picture!
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I'm afraid that her permanent slot in the Daily Fail's daily 'sexy curves' and 'not much else' topspot, for years now, has been not only baffling but also a glaring red flag for me.

Only absolute 'publicity munters' end up in that paper on a regular basis. The gripping saga continues today, with a picture of Jason Statham's face next to her's, presumably as an 'ex'. I thought someone at Team Fail would at least have drawn a bushy beard somewhere on that picture!

The DM hit's an all time low with this:
    One of the funniest bits in the book is when she punches Jason Statham for flirting with Gwyneth Paltrow at Madonna’s wedding to Guy Ritchie in 2000.

I know it thrives on creating controversy but that is appalling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read that Mail article:
    She punched Cipriani when she discovered he was cheating. ‘I have a real tolerance threshold, but sometimes these boys just push your buttons and it’s a wake-up call: “This cannot continue."

Now imagine that was Cipriani saying that:
    He punched Brook when he discovered she was cheating. ‘I have a real tolerance threshold, but sometimes these girls just push your buttons and it’s a wake-up call: “This cannot continue."
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Is she wise? I have never punched anyone in the face. What a creature!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she not have an adviser of manager or someone sensible to tell her that writing about punching her exes was not the most sensible idea.

The woman is an even bigger idiot than I thought.
  • HogeyzHogeyz Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who dealt with female domestic abuse I find this deplorable.

Also in this instance the argument that men hitting women is worse than women hitting men is always brought up even though it's completely irrelevant and only done to in some way to justify or diminish what the woman has done.

When you hit someone that can't defend themselves it's abuse, and these men are not in any position to defend themselves, they know that even the slightest physical contact and she would be screaming abuse.

My ex used to do it to me all the time, hit, me, scratch, me bite me knowing full well I couldn't do anything and had to just stand there and take it, because she would be on the phone to the police screaming abuse if I even just pushed her away. And when there are no witnesses and it's a "domestic abuse" case, people will ALWAYS believe the woman, unless you have evidence to back you up, partly due to attitudes like this.

It's like me poking a gorilla in a cage with a stick, the gorilla is bigger and stronger than me and could rip me in half, but when I'm attacking it with no means to defend itself, it's abuse.