Options

iphone or blackberry

phillip2phillip2 Posts: 1,125
Forum Member
✭✭✭
what one, i know both are gud, blackberrys im looking at is curve 8900 and storm 2, but i really want a reliable one, mainly for facebook, internet, texting ,calling and apps.
i was looking at satio 2 but heard they are having big problems right now :( , iphone id love but it cant be more than 35 a month, and i need unlimited texts, some mins and internet facebook etc, where wil i find this?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want unlimited texts with iPhone for less than £35 a month then you are somewhat limited I'm afraid. In fact I think virtually the only option right now would be to get the phone on PAYG (e.g. £440 for the 16GB 3GS) and then SIMplicity @ £27.50* (£20 plan with inclusive unlimited texts and then £7.50 for the unlimited web on top) - this would give you 600 mins (or 800 if you sign up for 12 months) and unlimited web & texts. Would obviously cost more upfront than a normal iPhone contract but you would get more for the monthly tariff, plus you wouldn't be locked in for 18 or 24 months (unless you wanted to be in exchange for more minutes). Other disadvantages would be no visual voicemail and no inclusive wifi (though if you activated it with the PAYG SIM and then registered at a wifi hotspot with the PAYG number the phone would then get the 12 months free wifi even if you were actually using the simplicity SIM.

* Slightly less than this at the moment due to the VAT reduction, but that's about to go back to 17.5% at the end of the month.
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or you could buy an unlocked iPhone from ebay and stick a sim in from another network that offers better value tariffs.
  • Options
    simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True - I had admittedly been working on the assumption the OP was wanting a new phone.

Might be worth waiting to see what Tesco mobile and/or Vodafone come up with though - just on the outside chance they aren't complete carbon copies of what O2 and Orange are offering! Tesco I think are due to launch before Christmas and Vodafone expected sometime in January.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a Storm 2 for a couple of weeks and it's great for doing just about everything - I even got into Facebook on it despite never intending to. The unlimited text option is great if you go for it because typing on the device is awesome - it takes a bit of getting used to, but you do get a positive click when you use the keyboard so it makes it more accurate.

Damned good phone, IMO.