Does anyone else think the All Stars idea is horrendous?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Surely the anticipation of the All Star 2 weeks is going to completely overshadow BB11! Especially in the media, who'll spend weeks discussing the celebs and BBHM z-listers potentially going in rather than the new HM's and whats actually happening in the highlight shows of BB11.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I dislike it more than I like it. There seems to be an uncomfortably close statistical relationship between how much I would hate to see an old housemate go in and how likely they are. If the all-stars consisted of people I haven't seen or heard from for ages, I would be quite interested. But Davina's choices last night didn't bode well.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You say that like it's a bad thing. :eek: :D

I'd rather a week or two of the one who has just won Big Brother, rather than six months (And you know it will be!) of "BB Chanelle's joy."
  • dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be an uncomfortably close statistical relationship between how much I would hate to see an old housemate go in and how likely they are.

Precisely. It's the Jordan factor: the less we want to see of her, the more we do.
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was a house full of all my favourites then it would maybe be something I'd look forward to, but even then I think you're probably better off with your positive memories of them rather than risking those memories being tarnished.

However as there's likely to be a fair few who did little for me the first time or even annoyed the heck out of me, I can't say I'm overly enthusiastic.

I do however take the point that it's only for a couple of weeks and I can always switch off. ;)
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the anticipation of the All Star 2 weeks is going to completely overshadow BB11! Especially in the media, who'll spend weeks discussing the celebs and BBHM z-listers potentially going in rather than the new HM's and whats actually happening in the highlight shows of BB11.

That's what I'm a bit apprehensive about. Even on here instead of looking forward in anticipation to tonight's launch and at who the new housemates might be, most of the speculation and talk today seems to have centred around who the All-Stars will be.

I just hope it's shortlived and once BB11 gets under way we can concentrate on the new batch of housemates and largely forget about the All-Stars until BB11 finishes.
  • JeliteJelite Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea, the house will be a stinking hole after 11 weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I bet Rachel doesn't take part in the "All stars".

the way its described on DS article it should start with the winners and add a few "extras" but Rachel has pretty much refused to be a part of anything since she won her series.

I'd like to see Nush and Shell and Anna back but somehow I doubt that any of them will participate either. Instead we'll be stuck with the fame-grabbers - I think I will scream if i see one more shot of Mario+Lisa. argh !!

Cameron, Glyn, Gos I'd like to see back. some of the quieter (more sane) ones !!

Oh and a repeat of the David+Lisa alien task would be funny (not as aliens obviously but some other costume!) that was a classic task - can't believe it didnt really get a mention in the awards show last night.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    i wonder if the winner this series will go into the allstars one ?
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    We will most likely be bored by then and crying out for the ex housemates to come back in. I just hope they pick the right ones, not Nikki Graham though.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jelite wrote: »
    Great idea, the house will be a stinking hole after 11 weeks.

Should suit quite a few of them and they're desperate enough to put up with almost anything.............:sleep:
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wkw198 wrote: »
    I bet Rachel doesn't take part in the "All stars".

the way its described on DS article it should start with the winners and add a few "extras" but Rachel has pretty much refused to be a part of anything since she won her series.

That's nonsense.

Rachel has enthusiastically taken part in any BB related thing that her schedule as a teacher has allowed her to.
    For instance she was involved in the BB auditions in Wales for the last series.

However, I would think the All-Stars thing would coincide with the start of the new school year, so you would probably win your bet. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I like the idea. Its a natural conclusion. :)

Totally agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    I think the idea is sensational.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly. It's ruined the main series because everyone will spend the next 11 weeks speculating which ex-HMs/celebs will be returning and not really caring a monkeys about what's happening to the wannabes in the house.
  • apinkprincess3apinkprincess3 Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont care its something BB and im watching it LOLZ