Women now cheat more than men - OFFICIAL

Lincoln HawkLincoln Hawk Posts: 1,783
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3324388/Women-more-likely-to-cheat-and-have-affair-than-men.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

Maybe this will put an end to the media branding cheating men as "love rats" while cheating women as are somehow portrayed as victims running into the arms of another man for comfort.

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...because The Sun says so :confused:

Riiiight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where are cheating women portrayed as that? In fact quite often you hear "well he wouldn't have cheated if he was getting what he needed at home!" :rolleyes:
  • Lincoln HawkLincoln Hawk Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are cheating women portrayed as that? In fact quite often you hear "well he wouldn't have cheated if he was getting what he needed at home!" :rolleyes:
    Not in the media though. Well you might do in the Sport or Star or lads mags. But the mainstream papers/womens mags etc are always calling men "love rats" when I imagine their lives were being made a nightmare by the harpies they married.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    Im sure a one paragraph article in the sun is going to revolutionise the worlds views
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO programmes like "sex and the city" have a part to play as they glamourise cheating. Look at the difference between that and Coronation Street, where Kevin has been ostracised by everyone for cheating, despite the fact that his wife has cheated several times also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not in the media though. Well you might do in the Sport or Star or lads mags. But the mainstream papers/womens mags etc are always calling men "love rats" when I imagine their lives were being made a nightmare by the harpies they married.

So you've basically just agreed with what I said about "well he wouldn't have cheated if he was getting what he needed at home" - it's a load of rubbish. They are "love rats" if they cheat. As are women. Cheats are pretty scummy whatever their gender
  • KimmlerKimmler Posts: 1,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure a one paragraph article in the sun is going to revolutionise the worlds views

It's a slow news week.
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    The first thing I see is a 'sun newspaper' link - Credibility lost...

However, if true, it doesn't surprise me....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you've basically just agreed with what I said about "well he wouldn't have cheated if he was getting what he needed at home" - it's a load of rubbish. They are "love rats" if they cheat. As are women. Cheats are pretty scummy whatever their gender
    I agree. It's just the fact that men tend to me more contrite about it, whereas women rationalise it to themselves so that it becomes their man's fault somehow. And the media feeds this, since so much of it is aimed at women.
  • GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. It's just the fact that men tend to me more contrite about it, whereas women rationalise it to themselves so that it becomes their man's fault somehow.
    Really?
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the numbers of men and women HAVE to be aproximately equal? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    Really?

In my experience, yes. I have NEVER heard a man blame his wife/girlfriend for his having an affair. Yet it seems to be the norm for the woman to do this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my experience, yes. I have NEVER heard a man blame his wife/girlfriend for his having an affair. Yet it seems to be the norm for the woman to do this.
    Unless you are a marriage guidance counsellor your experience is pretty meaningless here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3324388/Women-more-likely-to-cheat-and-have-affair-than-men.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

Maybe this will put an end to the media branding cheating men as "love rats" while cheating women as are somehow portrayed as victims running into the arms of another man for comfort.

And what is this mysterious survey the Sun refers too :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    Unless you are a marriage guidance counsellor your experience is pretty meaningless here.
    You are entitled to your opinion, as am I.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are entitled to your opinion, as am I.
    Yes, but I'm not trying to pass my opinion off as fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither am I.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither am I.
    Yes you are:
    I agree. It's just the fact that men tend to me more contrite about it, ...
  • denzldenzl Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oldhag wrote: »
    Surely the numbers of men and women HAVE to be aproximately equal? :confused:

exactly, you find just as many women as men at places like http://www.extramaritalencounter.co.uk/ looking to initiate these illicit affairs, so you can't blame one gender any more that the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How am I? I'm just stating an opinion?
  • KimmlerKimmler Posts: 1,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading this I was shocked, appalled, disgusted and outraged.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is anyone surprised? Women can get sex much more easily than men while things like 'Cougar' and 'Sex And The City' promote promiscuity and one night stands as glamorous. I expect to see figures and stats like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How am I? I'm just stating an opinion?
    ... and calling it a 'fact'. I'm not sure how you can deny doing that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Yeah but men are still pigs, useless, all the same etc........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it is a fact, in my opinion.