Options

Leona Lewis Kew Gardens tickets reduced bargain discount site

violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
Forum Member
✭✭
Got this beginning of week in my email box and tickets still on sale for another 18 days!!!

Wow they never have offers that long obv trying to fill the gardens.

Her star has waned.

https://m.livingsocial.com/cities/1733/deals/713122-ticket-to-leona-lewis-at-kew-gardens-on-july-13

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You realise that isn't discounted?

It is roughly the standard price for all the gigs at Kew that week. Scroll down and you can see next to the picture of Paul Weller.

http://www.kew.org/visit-kew-gardens/whats-on/kew-the-music/

So try again. :)

Edit: Where does it say on that page that the tickets are discounted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £10 cheaper than official price.

Only artist to have cheaper tickets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £10 cheaper than official price.

Only artist to have cheaper tickets.

How is it cheaper? The link you provided shows the prices at £39.50 and on the Kew Gardens website they are the same price.

Leona's and Blondie's ticket prices are the same price at £39.50 for Standard Tickets at £47.50 for Reserved Enclosure, the rest of the artists are actually cheaper tickets.

So once again you are wrong, Leona's is not cheaper than the other artists, she is more expensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    How is it cheaper? The link you provided shows the prices at £39.50 and on the Kew Gardens website they are the same price.

Leona's and Blondie's ticket prices are the same price at £39.50 for Standard Tickets at £47.50 for Reserved Enclosure, the rest of the artists are actually cheaper tickets.

So once again you are wrong, Leona's is not cheaper than the other artists, she is more expensive.

Please check again living social charging £39 no booking fees postage

Kew gardens £51 plus for e ticket and more depending on postage she only artist on discount living social bargain site for Kew gardens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please check again living social charging £39 no booking fees postage

Kew gardens £51 plus for e ticket and more depending on postage she only artist on discount living social bargain site for Kew gardens.

You are right they aren't charging posting and booking fees etc, but it is only a saving of about £3.60 actually. You picked the tickets at £47.50 on Kews website, when in actual fact the one Living Social are selling are the ones at £39.50.

Adding the booking fees etc to the £39.50 tickets it takes it to £43.10, so it is only a saving of £3.60.

Nothing major.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway who cares that much, we all know Leona's career has nosedived in the last few years. Fact is she has just completely a tour of the UK and Germany and is going to start recording for her next release later this month.

She has new management now which will hopefully help turn things around for her. I don't expect her to ever reach the heights of the Spirit album again, but hopefully they will help her with turning things around in the UK again.
  • Options
    soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona is the only one not 'sold out' on the reserved enclosures. There are still plenty of tickets available. Shame for her but I fear her time has gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soullover wrote: »
    Leona is the only one not 'sold out' on the reserved enclosures. There are still plenty of tickets available. Shame for her but I fear her time has gone.

As I said her career has nosedived in the last few years, but she literally just finished a tour of the UK and Germany a month ago. The dates sold well and it is now up to her and her new management team to work out how to build up her fanbase again. She will never reach the Spirit days again, but she should be able to build up her UK fanbase again.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/269893_648483008511954_551897081_n.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKS4xZSCYAAYV_4.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJx4uvQCQAAe7MV.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKKAaazCMAIgXHy.jpg
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of the ticket pricing, I have to ask "violetcrawley" why are you so adamant to prove your point against Leona? It really confuses me why some people spend so much time on hate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Regardless of the ticket pricing, I have to ask "violetcrawley" why are you so adamant to prove your point against Leona? It really confuses me why some people spend so much time on hate.

What is to hate?

I just pointing out her star is on the wane.

She is the only act to be advertised on a discount site for nearly a month that means ticket sales not going that great.

It proves wining the X factor does not give you long term success.
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    What is to hate?

She is the only act to be advertised on a discount site for nearly a month that means ticket sales not going that great.

I'm not a fan of either Leona or Alexandra Burke but your many posts today just seem designed to get a rise out of people. Many of your posts come over as mocking and sneering.

I also find it very strange that some of your posts since you joined this forum are very grammatically poor and led me to think English was not a language you were very fluent in.....while others, earlier on, are quite the opposite. Are you two different people?

There is no guarantee of long term success in the music industry, whoever you are or however you come to notice. Your profile states you work in A & R! Making the statement you have, which I've just referred to, I find that very hard to believe.

All you've done so far today is convince me your intentions are not to debate but to goad other fm's :(

Hmmmm. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of either Leona or Alexandra Burke but your many posts today just seem designed to get a rise out of people. Many of your posts come over as mocking and sneering.

I also find it very strange that some of your posts since you joined this forum are very grammatically poor and led me to think English was not a language you were very fluent in.....while others, earlier on, are quite the opposite. Are you two different people?

There is no guarantee of long term success in the music industry, whoever you are or however you come to notice. Your profile states you work in A & R! Making the statement you have, which I've just referred to, I find that very hard to believe.

All you've done so far today is convince me your intentions are not to debate but to goad other fm's :(

Hmmmm. :confused:

You can believe what you want.

I am not a public figure so not up for discussion.
    I like to debate :)

I am the same person :)
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    You can believe what you want.

I am not a public figure so not up for discussion.
    I like to debate :)

I am the same person :)

Unfortunately people who debate in an antagonistic way don't actually convince anyone else that they have a point or opinion worth any weight, so you may find you're wasting your time.

Count me out, I've no wish to 'debate' with you. Reading back over your posts and the personal insults you throw around tell me all I need to know. :cool: You just seem to want to slag people off and sneer, not what I call 'debate' sorry.

I think I'll believe that if you don't mind ;):p
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is to hate?

But why are you so bent on proving that her star is on the wane? She had a top five single and album last year and a sold out tour which is pretty great. I seen her in April and the venue was sold out and everyone was loving it. Regardless, I listen to music not sales.