Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Exactly he will have no recollection or memory of her. Her other son is just over a year old so the same for him too which is the saddest thing of all. And no no confirmation. any are suspecting the worst drugs and being disrespectful.

True. Even in the Showbiz forum some are suspecting drugs. Someone else suspected suicide. I think they're jumping to conclusions too quick. We won't know until after the post-mortem (if they're doing one) and the cause of death has been confirmed.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will have to do a post-mortem any unexplained, sudden, or death of minor/young person it's automatic. so yes lets wait and she shall we before we all get judgy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They will have to do a post-mortem any unexplained, sudden, or death of minor/young person it's automatic. so yes lets wait and she shall we before we all get judgy.

True. That'll probably take a couple of days yet. No point getting all judgy before then. *puts down wig, gown and gavel*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes she has only just died so there will be time before we know. So for now everyone needs to just appreciate a young woman has died and left behind her family and two children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes she has only just died so there will be time before we know. So for now everyone needs to just appreciate a young woman has died and left behind her family and two children.

That's the way I see it too. Anyway I'm heading home for the evening. Study's going really well! I can concentrate a bit better than I did last week. Since crying in L.A.'s office I've been a lot better :) I needed to do that.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    How are you all?

We're all doing overtime at work this week because there's so much to do. I'm going to be so tired by Friday but it'll be worth it when we get paid! :)

I completely agree with this. This is what irritates me when someone in the public eye passes away. Everybody thinks that they have a right to know all of the details when the fact of the matter is, we don't. These people wouldn't ask the person 3 doors down from them for every detail of a person's passing so why should it be any different for someone in the public eye?

I think that people need to consider, first and foremost these things:

2 children have lost their mother
    a husband has lost his wife
    a father has lost his daughter
    sisters have lost their sister
    and friends have lost a friend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    How are you all?

We're all doing overtime at work this week because there's so much to do. I'm going to be so tired by Friday but it'll be worth it when we get paid! :)

I completely agree with this. This is what irritates me when someone in the public eye passes away. Everybody thinks that they have a right to know all of the details when the fact of the matter is, we don't. These people wouldn't ask the person 3 doors down from them for every detail of a person's passing so why should it be any different for someone in the public eye?

I think that people need to consider, first and foremost these things:

2 children have lost their mother
    a husband has lost his wife
    a father has lost his daughter
    sisters have lost their sister
    and friends have lost a friend

Perfectly put Mimi and even if it is drug related there are always mitigating circumstances and people shouldn't be so quick to judge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perfectly put Mimi and even if it is drug related there are always mitigating circumstances and people shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Exactly. We won't know until after the post-mortem. In the meantime let's not speculate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway lets move on very tragic and sad but we mustn't wallow :(. How is everyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyway lets move on very tragic and sad but we mustn't wallow :(. How is everyone?

Exactly. No good dwelling on things. I've been dwelling a lot on the L.A. situation and it hasn't done me much good. I'm ok, just thinking about my Masters application. I don't have to submit formal references but the online application system requires that I cite two names and they have to be lecturers, so I've gotta ask L.A. and another one. I might have to go to her office :o I was gonna email her but dad said it would be better for me to ask her in person. Anyway she might be wondering if I'm ok and it's no harm to let her know :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's good sorting out your masters is pro-active and will take your mind off things. And yes asking in person creates a good impression so it's a good idea :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that's good sorting out your masters is pro-active and will take your mind off things. And yes asking in person creates a good impression so it's a good idea :).

Exactly :p L.A. reckons I'll really enjoy doing the Masters. She thinks I'll get on well. Her saying that has given me a lot of encouragement. Oh well, looks like I've gotta go to her office again :p Maybe it's a good thing as it makes me look interested and she'll also be relieved to know I'm ok :) I haven't cried since last Thursday and that's good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if she thinks it's a good idea and that you will excel definitely take the opportunity to do it :). And yes going there in persons gives a really strong impression so do it definitely :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going to, don't you worry about that :D Looks like I will then! I don't think she'll mind. If she didn't mind when I cried in her office a few days ago, I doubt she'll mind when I go in there to ask her permission to use her name as a potential reference on the application. It's done online and the system wouldn't let me go any further until I had entered the information. I don't need a formal reference letter from either lecturer as I'm not going to another college but I do need their permission to use their names. Anyway it's no harm to go and see her and let her know I'm ok and that I'm getting on fine with the study :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey CNBC How's you :)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm ok. I'm supposed to meet someone but I don't know what they look like as I don't really know them and they never sent me a photo. Stupid or what? >:( What are you doing now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where were you supposed to me them do they have a number :)? Just watching Stella :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well they gave me their phone number in the end and I'm meeting them tomorrow or some other time instead :cool: Any good?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening guys.

What a day! I was up at 5, at work from 7-4 with no break at all. Joys of overtime, eh? :) It's felt like I've been in that office for an entire week, not just one day. I'm not complaining, I'm looking forward to the paypacket. I'm at home now having had a nice hot bath with a cup of tea. Little things like that please me. The work hours are back to normal tomorrow, thankfully. :) That will be far more manageable.

How are you all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey mimi sounds like one heck of a long day. Glad your at home relaxing now before it all kicks off again tomorrow :). And I'm good enjoying my week off was in yesterday and have to pop in Thursday to hand in an essay which I am only half way through :/.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey mimi sounds like one heck of a long day. Glad your at home relaxing now before it all kicks off again tomorrow :). And I'm good enjoying my week off was in yesterday and have to pop in Thursday to hand in an essay which I am only half way through :/.

How much more do you have to do? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm just sitting here wondering is it legal for someone to be working for 9 hours straight with no break? Might have to ask L.A. about that one :p She does teach Labour Law after all ;-) You've only half your essay done?! You'd better work bitch :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I've done 700+ words and it needs to be a minimum of 1,500 and I at least half to go but it's okay my lecturer said worse comes to worse drop it in Friday.