A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Awe no CNBc that's a bummer, I had more luck with my film, Was watching American Psycho this afternoon was rather good :)

Yeah they should use Macs next time :p What did you watch yours on? I hope it wasn't the Vista laptop! Anyway it kept my mind off the L.A. situation and that's a good thing :D
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I used a Windows :p, The Vista has longe been consigned to gathering dust under the sofa :D And any distraction is a good distraction :p
    Forum Member
    Well I used a Windows :p, The Vista has longe been consigned to gathering dust under the sofa :D And any distraction is a good distraction :p

Was it Windows 7? :D Glad the Vista is more or less in the tech scrapheap :p Of course it is! I have a lecture with her tomorrow though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is, and it was time but it was good laptop, lasted quite long too :) And it shouldn't be too bad you've been doing well so no reason for her to complain at least :).
    Forum Member
    Yes it is, and it was time but it was good laptop, lasted quite long too :) And it shouldn't be too bad you've been doing well so no reason for her to complain at least :).

Good! Windows 7 is far superior to Vista. She'd better not complain :o I want her to think I didnt send her the work because I was upset about my Equity result, not because I was at a Harry Potter convention :blush: I won't put on the crocodile tears in front of her though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Windows 7 is probably the best Windows OS :) And I'm sure if you explain yourself (just not mention the HP thing) should be okay :)

Listening To KP's US #1's back to back, it's not to see how she did it, an incredible feat of consistently well crafted pop songs :)
    Forum Member
    It's better than Vista and 8 :p That's what I plan to do if she says anything. It should work!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Evening.

Very sad news regarding Phillip Seymour Hoffman. :(
    Forum Member
    I just fired of an email to L.A. apologising for not sending her the work. Wonder if she'll reply tonight? Anyone here gonna watch the Super Bowl?
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Evening.

Very sad news regarding Phillip Seymour Hoffman. :(

Indeed. R.I.P Phil.

How was your day Mimi? How did your dinner gathering go?
    Forum Member
    I won't be watching the Super Bowl cnbc. I don't understand it so it would be a waste of time.
    x+y wrote: »
    Indeed. R.I.P Phil.

How was your day Mimi? How did your dinner gathering go?

It was good. :) Stuffed now though!
    Forum Member
    I won't be watching the Super Bowl cnbc. I don't understand it so it would be a waste of time.

I mostly watch it for the opening ceremony, but I'll watch a few minutes of it. I can't stay up all night to watch as I have to be up early for college. I've got a lecture at 11 with L.A. of all lecturers :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just fired of an email to L.A. apologising for not sending her the work. Wonder if she'll reply tonight? Anyone here gonna watch the Super Bowl?

That's good. Hope she understands, and if she doesn't what's the worst she can do? Your not the first or the last student to hand in work late I'm sure.

No I'm not going to bother with the Superbowl. How about yourself?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was good. :) Stuffed now though!

That's good. Are you back at All Hallows this week?
    Forum Member
    Right I'm really tired after tonight's events so I'm going to turn in.

Goodnight everybody.
    Forum Member
    That's good. Hope she understands, and if she doesn't what's the worst she can do? Your not the first or the last student to hand in work late I'm sure.

No I'm not going to bother with the Superbowl. How about yourself?

Well the worst she can do is give out to me :o She should understand though. I hope she hasn't found out about last week's rumour that I was sleeping with her! Yeah I'm gonna watch the opening ceremony and the first few minutes of the game and then I'm going to bed so I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed and able to face L.A. tomorrow morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the worst she can do is give out to me :o She should understand though. I hope she hasn't found out about last week's rumour that I was sleeping with her! Yeah I'm gonna watch the opening ceremony and the first few minutes of the game and then I'm going to bed so I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed and able to face L.A. tomorrow morning.

?? Give out to you?? How do you mean?:confused: Tell you off?
    Forum Member
    ?? Give out to you?? How do you mean?:confused: Tell you off?

Yeah that's what I mean. The phrase "give out" is used a lot here in Ireland. It basically means to tell someone off or scold them. I don't think it's used in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah rephrase CNBc that means a whole other thing to me :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's what I mean. The phrase "give out" is used a lot here in Ireland. It basically means to tell someone off or scold them. I don't think it's used in the UK.

I see, I understand now.:)

Think I need to call the dentist in the morning. I got tooth ache.:(
    Forum Member
    Yeah rephrase CNBc that means a whole other thing to me :D

What I meant was that the worst that L.A. can do is get mad at me and summon me to her office and tell me off over my work. I doubt she'll do that though.
    I see, I understand now.:)

Think I need to call the dentist in the morning. I got tooth ache.:(

Ah right. Ouch that sounds painful :( There's nothing worse than toothache!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I meant was that the worst that L.A. can do is get mad at me and summon me to her office and tell me off over my work. I doubt she'll do that though.

Ah right. Ouch that sounds painful :( There's nothing worse than toothache!

That'll keep the gossip flowing, which you don't want of course.:(

Yeah. I can feel with my tongue where one of my fillings have fallen out, so that's where I'm having the pain.:( Plus my they can fill the gap in my front tooth and make my teeth look sexy again.;-)
    Forum Member
    That'll keep the gossip flowing, which you don't want of course.:(

Yeah. I can feel with my tongue where one of my fillings have fallen out, so that's where I'm having the pain.:( Plus my they can fill the gap in my front tooth and make me look sexy again.;-)

It will, especially if I'm seen going up to her office. My mum told me not to get on the wrong side of L.A. and that I should humour her. Now what on earth does she mean by humouring her? :o:D I think you should go to the dentist. That needs to be sorted ASAP. When are you gonna make an appointment?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will, especially if I'm seen going up to her office. My mum told me not to get on the wrong side of L.A. and that I should humour her. Now what on earth does she mean by humouring her? :o:D I think you should go to the dentist. That needs to be sorted ASAP. When are you gonna make an appointment?

Humour i.e. the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.

In other words crack a joke.;-) Try and make her laugh.

I will ring the dentist tomorrow. I normally have to wait around a minimum of 7 days to see a dentist, unless they have a cancellation then they may squeeze me in. I hate going to the dentist.:(
    Forum Member
    Humour i.e. the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.

In other words crack a joke.;-) Try and make her laugh.

I will ring the dentist tomorrow. I normally have to wait around a minimum of 7 days to see a dentist, unless they have a cancellation then they may squeeze me in. I hate going to the dentist.:(

And how am I supposed to do that? :p I asked my mum what she wanted me to do and she just told me to get on the right side of her and do what she tells me to do (the work of course - now get to work bitch! :D). I'm sure I can manage it as long as I don't have to sleep with her! I don't wanna be her slave *hums Britney's song I'm A Slave 4 U* :p