Options

Cameron "Green Taxes are Crap"

PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
Forum Member
If thats the case Davy Boy get your finger out and scrap them now along with all the green fuel surcharges which sent petrol and diesel to the highest in Europe and while Im at it, would I be right in thinking these fuel escalators also had a knock on effect in soaring food prices and raw material costs for transport.

Come on Cameron do the right thing and you might even convert some people to vote Tory next election.......of course I am a bit sceptic that this is just empty rhetoric from yer gob.

Comments

• Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are scrapped on energy bills then they'll be paid for from general taxation.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a disingenuous little twerp Cameron is.

Talk about lacking ethics. Lower than a snakes belly this man is.

He's gone in under 18 months and he knows it.
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »

You seem particularly angry today Pauli.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    You seem particularly angry today Pauli.
    He's right about Chairman Dave though.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »

He's gone in under 18 months and he knows it.

Wishful thinking I am afraid. The stunning prospect of Millipede as prime minister isn't cutting it with voters. He won't win. Not that I think DC is great but compared to millipede he's amazing. Most voters are going to think that at the ballot box. Kinnock 2.0.
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    He's right about Chairman Dave though.

I'm still interested to hear how Ed plans to square our green commitments with cheap energy bills.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe cameron should sack davies as energy minister. Davies seems more worried about setting up a nice job for himself in the EU than caring about the UK population. In my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with green taxis? They look better than black taxis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    I'm still interested to hear how Ed plans to square our green commitments with cheap energy bills.
    Haven't the foggiest, but it doesn't affect Cameron being a disingenuous little twerp

What is virtually certain is that energy prices will rise, therefore it is in mine & the country's interest not to waste energy.

If I currently spend £10 on energy from which the energy companies make £2 it makes sense to reduce my energy usage even if at the lower level the energy companies still make £2.

I call that a win-win.
  • Options
    SchumpaterSchumpater Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Haven't the foggiest, but it doesn't affect Cameron being a disingenuous little twerp

He definitely is
    but labour politicians are no better

take this issue ( energy bills)

- The removal of green taxes would only take off a very small amount of the total bill for most people and would do nothing to diminish the price rises in the long term

- Labours price freeze would result in companies raising prices before/after the freeze and would curb the flow of investment to the industry, making the prices rise more in future.
  • Options
    nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe it would diminish bills much if at all, the more likely outcome would be prices stay the same, but the government take additional revenue through taxation to make up the shortfall..

They can talk it up all they like, tory or labor, when it comes down to it energy companies are like the honey badger
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nobodyhere wrote: »
    I don't believe it would diminish bills much if at all, the more likely outcome would be prices stay the same, but the government take additional revenue through taxation to make up the shortfall..
    Not this side of the election
  • Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are scrapped on energy bills then they'll be paid for from general taxation.

Why/? People talk about our legally binding committments to find wind & sun farmers, but surely sovereign goverments can change laws?
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    Schumpater wrote: »
    He definitely is
    but labour politicians are no better

take this issue ( energy bills)

- The removal of green taxes would only take off a very small amount of the total bill for most people and would do nothing to diminish the price rises in the long term

- Labours price freeze would result in companies raising prices before/after the freeze and would curb the flow of investment to the industry, making the prices rise more in future.

But removing the ridiculous subsidies for people to put up solar panels, wind turbines etc would free up millions/billions to go towards reducing bills.
    Green renewable energy is fine but the suppliers/proponents of it need to make it pay for itself, currently it does not even get close.
  • Options
    andyknandykn Posts: 66,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why/? People talk about our legally binding committments to find wind & sun farmers, but surely sovereign goverments can change laws?

Not those of physics.