Best way to play music in a car?

2»

Comments

• Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Mine isn't and is more than capable of drowning out Jack FM on the same frequency. Like I said before the cheap ones are cheap for a reason.

I bought one for £50 with a built in phone cradle charger. Still fuzzy sounding. Took it back.

You must have poor hearing if you can't hear it too.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So your not going for a new in car CD player op??? Cheap as chips now, mind you back in 85 at the motor show I was blown away by this Pioneer set up
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,702
    Forum Member
    Well, ah yes, that is point. Mobile phone chargers do seem to generate interference that bleeds through to the FM transmitter. But that is the fault of the charger not the transmitter in my book.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,702
    Forum Member
    On a similar theme I just got myself a car charger for use with my MP3 player on long journeys but found it is causing interference. Seems to be caused by a ground / earth loop from the charger and the player being connected to the Aux In on the car radio as the interference is not there if I listen using earphones instead.

Someone suggested making up an audio lead with no earth connection (using the leads from two old pair of earphones). I have also looked at some ground loop suppressors on Amazon but they seem to get mixed reviews as to how well they work.

I think I may just connect using my Bluetooth RX/TX gadget if I want to charge the MP3 player while on the move. Or another option is to charge from my portable jump starter which I keep in the car on long journeys or when going on a camping weekend to keep the phone etc charged up. Rarely needed in any case as I get a good two days from a full charge and can charge overnight if stopping over in a hotel etc.