The "COD4" Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

12345679»

Comments

• Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    The hype with cod4 and mw2 seemed to be a lot higher than it is for more recent games. I can remember posting on a thread and then it being on page two five minutes later . Also I remember loads of us booking the day off when the new maps were released.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    The hype with cod4 and mw2 seemed to be a lot higher than it is for more recent games. I can remember posting on a thread and then it being on page two five minutes later . Also I remember loads of us booking the day off when the new maps were released.

Those were the days :)

Ive bought my copy of COD4 again... wont get rid this time.
  • AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I quite fancy playing some COD 4 again... anyone fancy it one evening?

Would be better with a full party.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I have it on the ps3 somewhere, unfortunately I sold the 360 version.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Soooooo who's looking forward to the remastered version? Not long now!!

Please leave your opinions on Infinite Warfare in the appropriate thread :p

Just had a quick look through Part 1, good times :D
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Already planning where on the stairs to plant my claymores on Crash.

I just better be able to transfer over my gold guns.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    I just better be able to transfer over my gold guns.

You won't. But on the other hand gold weapons will be easier to get this time, and it'll be on every gun rather than just one per class.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Got my email from Amazon, its on its way!

Well Infinite Warfare is, but who cares about that, lol.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Soooooo who's looking forward to the remastered version? Not long now!!

Please leave your opinions on Infinite Warfare in the appropriate thread :p

Just had a quick look through Part 1, good times :D

I rarely get near a PC these days, but since I finally am, I thought I would check the thread out myself.

I didn't half talk a lot of crap. Hard to believe it's nearly 10 years ago. Time flies.

Hope most of everyone that took part in the thread are doing well now. (Sadly I know of at least one that passed away).

Merry Christmas 2016 to all that read this post! (a day later! *insertrollingeyesmiley* ;-) )
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not really played CoD since MW2.
    Still think CoD4 was the best game.
    Would have got remastered but not interested at all in Infinite Warfare.

Might boot up the old CoD4 and give it a go in the next few days. I'm sure I still have my old save where I was stuck on the Pripyat ferris wheel level on veteran.
    Forum Member
    I've not really played CoD since MW2.
    Still think CoD4 was the best game.
    Would have got remastered but not interested at all in Infinite Warfare.

Might boot up the old CoD4 and give it a go in the next few days. I'm sure I still have my old save where I was stuck on the Pripyat ferris wheel level on veteran.

Tough mission on veteran - think I was amongst the dodgem cars on the right hand side for that one.
  • xStorm_BringeRxxStorm_BringeRx Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I loved CoD4 when it first came out. I bought it for Xbox360 and PS3 and like most other Modernwarfare fans, I was so looking forward to the remastered version coming out. It's a shame that it seems to be nothing but campers using juggernaut and horrendous spawn trapping. I don't even attempt to play on Shipment. I went back to the OG versions but most of the lobbies are hacked/modded so are unplayable :(
    Forum Member
    The remaster is a distinct disappointment. On the surface they've done a great job of updating the textures and lighting, so graphically, superb. Sadly, it doesn't take long to realise that the actual gameplay is vastly underwhelming. Even though there's dedicated servers I'm sick of the "shoot first, die first" syndrome that's blighted every CoD game for a while now. Spawning, is horrendous. There's no other way to describe it, it's just horrible. You will literally kill someone, turn around, and be shot in the back as someone respawns behind you. Once in a while wouldn't have been an issue, but it's constant, in near enough every game.

Then there's the micro-transaction side that they've decided to ram down your throat....

Don't get me wrong, there are definite improvements too. The addition of bot-matches is great, but ultimately, this isn't a game that I'll be spending a massive amount of time on like the original. Mass Effect is out in March, and that'll be it for CoD.
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd give this one another few days play based in the above, to see if it's improved any. Nope.

Wednesday and Thursday I played it through a 4G connection, few problems at all. Last night and this morning I've played it through a wired fibre connection. Might as well not have bothered. Constant shoot first, die first, hit markers galore garbage.

Dedicated servers are great, but the lag comp is equally as aggressive as the last four or five games, which near on makes the game unplayable for me.