Options

EE 2G/3G/4G Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    unouno Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no EE 4G coverage in South Leicestershire around Market Harborough,Kibworth and into Northants Desborough,Kettering,Corby
  • Options
    eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing in Grantham. When asked in store they say "this Summer".
  • Options
    Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No further 4G expansion in East Anglia either. In December Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich as well as a few other places such as Braintree were included but there has been no further expansion since then. It means most of Essex is now covered except the Tendring coast and parts of north Essex such as Halstead, while Suffolk still has nothing outside Ipswich, same with Norfolk, outside Norwich.

It's a bit frustrating, I've now been living just outside 4G area for about a year. (whenever it was it first arrived in Colchester). Anyone heard anything about further expansion of 4G in East Anglia? I've been having lots of network issues at home recently but don't know if this is related to 4G rollout or unrelated technical issues.
  • Options
    reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Smith wrote: »
    No further 4G expansion in East Anglia either. In December Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich as well as a few other places such as Braintree were included but there has been no further expansion since then. It means most of Essex is now covered except the Tendring coast and parts of north Essex such as Halstead, while Suffolk still has nothing outside Ipswich, same with Norfolk, outside Norwich.

It's a bit frustrating, I've now been living just outside 4G area for about a year. (whenever it was it first arrived in Colchester). Anyone heard anything about further expansion of 4G in East Anglia? I've been having lots of network issues at home recently but don't know if this is related to 4G rollout or unrelated technical issues.

Norwich has definitely had coverage extended. I just started to get 4G coverage outside my house on the outskirts of Norwich and you now get 4G in some the outlying suburb villages like Brundall and Blofield.
  • Options
    nedchesternedchester Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I've posted the following elsewhere and believe it may have more to do with EE 4G rather than 4.4.2 on the S4:

Had a Samsung Galaxy S4 since mid June and it has had an intermittent issue whereby it stops connecting to the mobile network. The connection seems to freeze and although the connection may show as connected it isn't. Texts fail, calls fail and data doesn't work. I am missing texts and calls. The only way to get the phone to work again is to reboot the phone. However, sometimes it takes a few reboots before the connection will remain stable. It seems worse when I am on the move. It might have difficulty moving between 4G/3G/2G.

The wifi connection is fine.

Having done some research it seems to mirror this situation in the US:

http://community.koodomobile.com/koo...ectivity_issue

EE have provided a new SIM card for free but the situation continues.

I am minded to think the issue is with the network (EE) rather than the phone?

How can I get EE to solve it?
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Same down here. No further 4G expansion.
    Plymouth still crap. The network, not the bloke Hahahahaha
    Orange masts still GPRS/EGDE/0.5Mbps 3G.
    They must have some serious issues methinks.
    Some 4G in Totnes would look good on the map EE!
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Same down here. No further 4G expansion.
    Plymouth still crap. The network, not the bloke Hahahahaha
    Orange masts still GPRS/EGDE/0.5Mbps 3G.
    They must have some serious issues methinks.
    Some 4G in Totnes would look good on the map EE!

Seriously though - have to agree. 4G in General has dropped off again here. Won't bore you with pings and mbits but it's akin to first stage HSDPA 3.6 rollout in places.

Don't know what's happened... and to be quite honest, I've stopped caring now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha, yes, this is clear.
    If they're not careful they'll lose another long term loyal "The Future's bright, the future's er... EE" customer to Three!!!
    Contract is up in September just in time for iPhone 6.
    Just so you know EE.
    Not that you care.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    I have to say I'm finding this all quite weird.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha, yes, this is clear.
    If they're not careful they'll lose another long term loyal "The Future's bright, the future's er... EE" customer to Three!!!
    Contract is up in September just in time for iPhone 6.
    Just so you know EE.
    Not that you care.

My contract is up in April next year...... So buyout is huge on a £62.99 plan lol
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    This weekend both EE & Three ground to a halt for me.. Everywhere in Edinburgh was slow, EE never above 4mb and Three averaging around 1mb even on 4G..

It was faster in Glasgow... And they are hosting the blooming games!!

I'm unsure what's going on, O2 was relatively speedy..
  • Options
    michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weekend both EE & Three ground to a halt for me.. Everywhere in Edinburgh was slow, EE never above 4mb and Three averaging around 1mb even on 4G..

Getting 12 in Edinburgh this morning. A bit down on what I have been seeing in recent weeks.
  • Options
    michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Getting 12 in Edinburgh this morning. A bit down on what I have been seeing in recent weeks.
  • Options
    AdamukAdamuk Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Anybody got any idea why I am getting these speeds...

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qtli5x.jpg

It never used to be this poor.
  • Options
    ozzozz Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else getting screwed up EE data allowances today? Had ~4.5gb this morning but this evening have now only got 776mb left. My ipad is only registering 1.9gb cellular usage since 13th July 2014! Hopefully they'll sort it out soon...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Funny you should say that .... 5GB of my allowance has vanished...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just checked my MiFi account and it's zero!
    Should be a fair amount left.
    Strangely it's still working.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, how crap is the My EE app???
    Most of the time it says data allowance info isn't available , check back later.
    Sometimes it just logs out all the time.
    half the time I can't change it over to the MiFi account, it just logs out again.
    Are they ever going to have it all working properly.
    I can't access the MiFi side at all on a PC.
    It switches to the MiFi number but then all the allowances are for the iPhone.
    WTF???

EDIT: Just remembered, I rang them about it (EE business) and they said it's best to use the app as "you don't have access to the SIM when on a PC" DOUBLE WTF???
    Are they morons?
    As far as I am concerned, if I log into my account using my username and password, why on earth wouldn't it know how much data I had left on the MiFi??
    Bonkers
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, had 0MB yesterday and data was flowing freely. Meanwhile my PAYG account seems to swap between £15 credit and £0!

Not like EE to have problems with its site is it?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Funny you should say that .... 5GB of my allowance has vanished...

Yeh this has been reported to EE numerous times in the past couple of days. Store manager of an EE store was telling me. A weird issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The stupid thing is, the back end systems must know how much is left. That's why we still have data. So what have they done? Written a routine that reads this value and then randomly turns it into something else for a laugh??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So what have they done? Written a routine that reads this value and then randomly turns it into something else for a laugh??

Must have been someones last day. :p
  • Options
    unouno Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had this same issue on Monday with losing about 4.5 GB of data I rang EE both billing and technical team could not understand why, so they gave me 10GB to use until next bill on 14th Aug so happy with that and pleased that not just my phone affected
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uno wrote: »
    I had this same issue on Monday with losing about 4.5 GB of data I rang EE both billing and technical team could not understand why, so they gave me 10GB to use until next bill on 14th Aug so happy with that and pleased that not just my phone affected

Result, given the fact you hadn't actually lost the data!

But what a crap system EE has if it can't read your data details (or prepay credit) properly. Is it really okay to show that you have £0 balance when it's £15, potentially getting people to add more money and then potentially not even seeing that get added?

I wonder if you can still buy add-ons when it shows you having no credit? If not, that's even worse. At least people being told they had no data could still use it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interestingly I did try and it wouldn't let me so it suggests a system glitch rather than an attempt to get money out of us.
    To be honest it would be more than their job is worth. They would be lynched.
    :)
This discussion has been closed.