Options

Unpopular Big Brother USA Opinions

Comments

• Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there is another All Stars, I hope we have a better final 2 than Boogie and Erika, neither of whom should have been even considered for All Stars in the first place. Boring, unlikeable and lame players. It woulld be like BBUK having Andy and Steph from BB4 in an All Stars series.

Every All-Star series has a crappy winner, it's usually the person that didn't deserve to be an All-Star in the first place.

Big Brother - Boogie.

Survivor All Stars -
    Amber
    Survivor Fans v Faves -
    Parvati
    The Amazing Race All Stars -
    Eric and Danielle

I guess it's because they don't have the reputation that a lot of the other bigger and better players have, so they can skate by a lot easier.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is another All Stars, I hope we have a better final 2 than Boogie and Erika, neither of whom should have been even considered for All Stars in the first place. Boring, unlikeable and lame players. It woulld be like BBUK having Andy and Steph from BB4 in an All Stars series.

Totally agree. Boogie was clearly there for Will. I doubt anyone even remembered him when they revealed the cast. He wasnt even a star of BB2, let alone BB2-6.

I really dont know why Erika was there either. She just talked the talk in BB4 but did nothing. How she got top 4 female votes is beyond me. Even if she was more familar to viewers, surely people would have remembered Danielle from the year earlier. But seriously, she shouldnt even have been in contention. Jun wanted to return, and as a winner should have been given an automatic space in the 20 if she wanted it imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    I guess it's because they don't have the reputation that a lot of the other bigger and better players have, so they can skate by a lot easier.

I agree with this.. I think if they did a second Allstars, somone like Keesha or Jessica would win if they were involved, because both were competent, but would never be massive targets like Dan or Dick would be as soon as they go in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »

I think that the new Survivor also could suggest that the likes of Will and Janelle may even get a third chance in the final BB :D

As much as I love Will I wouldn't want to see him return again. He'd ruin his reputation because there would be no way he'd make it as far again.

The only reason Survivor are having third-timers is because it is a 10 year anniverssary edition.
  • Options
    r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there's far more girls then guys for a potential All Stars 2...from season 8-11 the only guys I see being worthy are Dick, Eric, James, Dan, Russell and Jeff
    But girls I could see Jen, Jessica, Danielle, Natalie, Sheila, Keesha, Renny, Jordan and Maybe Michelle being All Stars..
    Some ones from earlier seasons deserve to go such as Monica, Bunky, Lisa, Amy, Roddy, Jun, Cowboy etc..
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loathed Jen in BB8, shallow, brittle, uber-vain, waste of space. And since she completely disresected the game by eating when she was on food restriction, I very much doubt the producers would have her back for AS2. I don't want to see her anywhere else either.
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every All-Star series has a crappy winner, it's usually the person that didn't deserve to be an All-Star in the first place.

Big Brother - Boogie.

Survivor All Stars -
    Amber
    Survivor Fans v Faves -
    Parvati
    The Amazing Race All Stars -
    Eric and Danielle

Off-topic but I dont think
    Parvati

was a crappy winner. She's been probably the best female winner ever but her Allstar slot was questionable I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    I loathed Jen in BB8, shallow, brittle, uber-vain, waste of space. And since she completely disresected the game by eating when she was on food restriction, I very much doubt the producers would have her back for AS2. I don't want to see her anywhere else either.

Sacrilege!

Jen was awesome. Who can blame her for eating food, she had to put up with Dick and Daniele all season. Dick should have been kicked out for pouring tea on her and burning her with a cigarette.

The producers love her, they let her back for the anniverssary comp last season and they even let her back in the house this year for Media Day.

She is the most stand-out female housemate post-AS1, so of course she'll be at least asked. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sacrilege!

Jen was awesome. Who can blame her for eating food, she had to put up with Dick and Daniele all season. Dick should have been kicked out for pouring tea on her and burning her with a cigarette.

The producers love her, they let her back for the anniverssary comp last season and they even let her back in the house this year for Media Day.

She is the most stand-out female housemate post-AS1, so of course she'll be at least asked. :)

Dick poured coloured water (ice tea) over her head. Chima threw a glass of water in Russell's face. Neither were ejected. Urgo no rules were broken. Dick was smoking a cigarette in the designated smoking area, if Jen objected to that, then she should have walked away. Instead she was trying to goad and bait Dick by waving her arm accross his face. If she got burned by the cigarette it was her own fault.

Jen wasn't the most stand out female even in her own season, Dani was. She won 6 PoV's, 1 (?) HoH and was a much better player too.

Sacreligous, that's me!! hehehehehehe :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dick should have been thrown out for the water incident, but since he was the producers fave they allowed it. Which then set a precedent, hence why now everyone knows they can get away with throwing water/liquid (Crazy James in BB9 and Chima in BB11).

And Dick was blowing smoke directly in to Jen's face, clearly baiting her. The stuff he did to Jen was horrible, that stuff he said about raping her until she bleeds etc...just horrible stuff.

Daniele may have won more comps, but as we all know, winning comps does not a memorable housemate make. Jen was more popular then Daniele by the end, Jen was more entertaining, got more coverage in other media outlets and is much more likely to be picked for All-Stars over Daniele, for many reasons; more popular, they may not want two Donatos, Keesha will likely take the Daniele role. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Keesha will definitely be the token blonde for AS2.

Daniele was great at competitions but I don't think she was a good player, and certainly not better than Jen. Jen didn't need her daddy holding her hand the whole way through the game. Other than the fact that she wouldn't have got far without her dad, the producers helping her dad, and America, Daniele made some stupid decisions; like voting Nick out. That was also a stupid decision on Dick's part. If it weren't for Dick, that would've meant Daniele would have just voted out her only allie in the game. And because of Zach and Eric, they could easily have kept Nick if they realised it would be utterly stupid to send him home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Keesha comes back :) Luckily she has what Daniele doesnt - well three things.

1. She got screwed in the end. Everyone loves the poor girl who got betrayed by her friends :(
    2. She made a game changing move that actually benefitted her for a while
    3. Class ;)

Oh and also, Daniele wasnt all that great a player. Her dad and America did everything for her. If Eric had his vote, Dick would have gone instead of Dustin, and she would have been in the jury house one week after him. She did win loads of competitions, but then again, her competition included Amber, Jameka and Eric. Enough said :D
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniele was like a fifth-rate Janelle clone. She was actually a strong player but just a horrible brat and selfish me me me personality.:(

Although if you ever saw her on HouseCalls you could see that she was actually smart and very clued up about the game. So I wouldn't mind her coming back so long as it was instead of Dick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    Daniele was like a fifth-rate Janelle clone. She was actually a strong player but just a horrible brat and selfish me me me personality.:(

Although if you ever saw her on HouseCalls you could see that she was actually smart and very clued up about the game. So I wouldn't mind her coming back so long as it was instead of Dick.

I agree with that.. I'd take 5 Daniele's instead of Dick... Though if we got Keesha and Jordan in there, we'd have 3 anyway :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jen wasn't the most stand out female even in her own season, Dani was. She won 6 PoV's, 1 (?) HoH and was a much better player too.

The trouble with BB US is that you can't really use the number of wins in competitions as a judgement of how good they are compared to others, cos it makes the assumption that everybody was competing as equally hard in each competition, which blatently isn't true. That's not to say Dani wasn't good at the comps, she was, but I don't think the number of wins themselves are proof of anything.
    Sacreligous, that's me!! hehehehehehe :D

LOL. I must admit, I think a lot of Jen support stems from her being the underdog and having to take so much doodah from ED. I liked her, but I don't think she would have been half as popular had she been on a different series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dick should have been thrown out for the water incident, but since he was the producers fave they allowed it........

Dick was America's favourite. However "abusive" you thought he was to The Valley Doll, they kept on voting to help him in the game over and over. Such vindication must have been almost as satisfying as his thoroughly well deserved $500k. :);)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yobaba** wrote: »

Dani did not not do well on food restrictions it's true, it was very painful to watch her being reduced to little more than skin and bones. Which makes her 6 PoV wins all the more remarkable.
    At least she didn't cry at BB's memory wall photo of her. Or slag off her mother for sending the wrong pics for her HoH room. Or revel in the attention that she knew would come her way through her attempts to skankify the unitard. Oh wait, that was all Jen!

She was indeed very clued up about the game. She was the one who worked out that the wonky votes must have been Eric. Dani was very bright and with her father's hard edge. Made for BB!

;):):D
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God I don't think I could stand Keesha's voice for another season :p

That voice is the stuff of nightmares... possibly only surpassed by Lydia's voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pondie84 wrote: »
    God I don't think I could stand Keesha's voice for another season :p

That voice is the stuff of nightmares... possibly only surpassed by Lydia's voice.

Hahaha. :D

As we'd been talking about Daniele I was just going to post about how one of her lasting legacies is the fact that still, to this day, I can not say "It's so frustrating" without mimicking her! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan isn't even remotely close to the best/smartest housemate/gameplayer in BBUS history. Try Danielle and Jason, Will from BB2, Nakomis, or Janelle.
  • Options
    EyeLikeBeerEyeLikeBeer Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaysar and Janelle sucked. Big time. Kaysar- the only houseguest evicted 3 times before Jury.

I liked Jessie on both seasons.

Dan was just extremely annoying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaysar truely sucked. In two seasons, his achievements were so crap. The only good thing he did was getting the votes to evict Eric. The Sovereign alliance were on their own pretty good players, but absolutely sucked as a team, so in my opinion, putting them together was hardly the great move it is heralded as :D

Other than that, here are Kaysar's other achievements. :p

* Giving HoH to Jennifer - a member of the dominant and rival alliance. Even if he didnt trust James, he should have gone for someone like Maggie before him.

* Nominating Diane and Nakomis in Allstars. Two players who had no alliance and little prospects for one after Alison left, but could have been useful if he needed a vote later on.

* Evicted once
    Evicted twice
    Evicted thrice ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dick was America's favourite. However "abusive" you thought he was to The Valley Doll, they kept on voting to help him in the game over and over. Such vindication must have been almost as satisfying as his thoroughly well deserved $500k. :);)

Could have been quite different if he didn't get a soft edit. With all the Father/Daughter stuff. If they showed some of the comments he made about people he would have been hated, like he was the first couple of weeks.

And to whoever said people just like Jen because of Dick, that isn't true. Jen was just great TV..."I'll now perform eating", the unitard, the bunny outfit (interrupting Jameka's prayer), crying at her photo, her relationship with Kail, "Is the answer safety?". Jen had so many great moments.
    geoking66 wrote: »
    Dan isn't even remotely close to the best/smartest housemate/gameplayer in BBUS history. Try Danielle and Jason, Will from BB2, Nakomis, or Janelle.

Danielle, Jason, Nakomis and Janelle didn't win. So already Dan is better than them.

Dan is the only player to win with a unanimous vote. That says something.

Dan had his entire alliance evicted before Week 4. He was suppose to be out early, but he played the victim, kept quiet, but also used subtle manipulation to keep the target off himself. Then he stepped up his game, won comps when he needed to, formed a solid two person alliance, took risks (putting Memphis on the block twice), manipulated Ollie and Michele, made a bold move with the Nominee Roulette thing, new when to make alliances and when to break alliances. And all this without making it personal or attacking anyones character. Hence why he recieved every jury vote.

Will is probably better because he almost won twice! And much like Dan, Will rarely made things personal or attacked people like your Dick's etc.

It would all come down to how well Dan does in the next All-Stars. But right now the best players ever are Dan and Will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And to whoever said people just like Jen because of Dick, that isn't true. Jen was just great TV..."I'll now perform eating", the unitard, the bunny outfit (interrupting Jameka's prayer), crying at her photo, her relationship with Kail, "Is the answer safety?". Jen had so many great moments.

I think that was me? :o Although in fairness I said that I thought a lot of her support came from what she had to put up with ED, not that she was liked soley because of him.

If I recall correctly Jen was hated by most at the start of the show. Her crying at her memory wall picture really got her off on the wrong foot with the audience. She was, shall we say an aquired taste that most people just didn't 'get'.

It was IMHO the crap she took from Evel D that gave people pause and actually give her a second chance. In doing so the discovered that there was more to Jen than they first thought, and she garnered a lot of support, because like you say, she made for great TV. There were also those who just plain felt sorry for her.

But without her treatment by ED, I am not sure how many of those people who initially hated her would have given her that second chance or changed their initial impression of her. And to people who already don't like her, those 'great TV moments' would potentially have been 'annoying TV moments' instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think Danielle is a better player than Dan, even if she didnt actually win. She had the whole house eating out of her hands, and she only got nominated the once, which was just out of default when Lisa won the final HoH.

What impresses me the most about Danielle is how she hardly won anything the whole game, and yet still dictated pretty much every eviction. Everything she did was just perfection. I cant even remember her name ONCE being mentioned for nomination. All in all, she played the best social game in Big Brother history, and the money was rightfully hers (or Jason's)

The cruelest irony about the lack of jury is that even though she ended up in the finals with Lisa, that would have been the better option with a jury anyway. Jason would have probably won if they had a jury that year, and Lisa wouldnt have.

I think when you have one of the biggest gamerules changed in account of you, that shows your something special :p

Not that Dan wasnt awesome, because he was :D