CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

- 'Don't Stop Me Now' won't be included, as permission was not obtained.

....yet it's included in the leak?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't know, haven't seen / heard it.

But the song was released separately anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't know, haven't seen / heard it.

But the song was released separately anyway.
    Murray Gold's been lying to this fandom:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC4KOQjWIAAhEGm.png

Image courtesy of @DWTODWFA on Twitter.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    'Every Christmas is Last Christmas' lacks the vocals :( That was the one track I was really hoping for, as it's my favourite piece of music from the show. It's still powerful as music on its own, but distinctly lacking. Even expanding the soundtrack to three discs, and I'm still now rather disappointed.

After they left off the vocal version of River's exit in The Name of the Doctor in Series 7 I didn't think they'd do similar again, especially with such an integral moment as at the end of Last Christmas.

I'm guessing I'm learning a lesson here - don't fall in love with the vocal tracks. There was this track from the end of Torchwood: Children of Earth that never saw the light of day, and they also removed it from the DVD's and Blu-rays too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI1Ef5iWanU
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Every Christmas is Last Christmas' lacks the vocals :( That was the one track I was really hoping for, as it's my favourite piece of music from the show. It's still powerful as music on its own, but distinctly lacking. Even expanding the soundtrack to three discs, and I'm still now rather disappointed.

After they left off the vocal version of River's exit in The Name of the Doctor in Series 7 I didn't think they'd do similar again, especially with such an integral moment as at the end of Last Christmas.

I'm guessing I'm learning a lesson here - don't fall in love with the vocal tracks. There was this track from the end of Torchwood: Children of Earth that never saw the light of day, and they also removed it from the DVD's and Blu-rays too.

Apparently according to somebody on YouTube the official version does have the vocals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    Apparently according to somebody on YouTube the official version does have the vocals.
    If this turns out to be true, you've made my day! :D

The vocal-free one would then also be a nice icing-on-the-cake kind of thing, as it really is quite nice by itself too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With a month to go, I suspect there could be changes.

There are some omissions I wouldn't have expected. Even this recurring action theme and it's variants which just made certain scenes...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as how Don't Stop Me Now is in the leaked version but not the official version anything could happen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With a month to go, I suspect there could be changes.

There are some omissions I wouldn't have expected. Even this recurring action theme and it's variants which just made certain scenes...

Yeah, I can't believe that's not on there. It was so prevalent that it was fairly considered by some to be Twelve's theme before we had confirmation to the contrary if I recall correctly.

I suspect there may be some changes in the month to come.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly unrelated but does anybody know if the Symphonic Spectacular tour will be a yearly thing as I can't manage this year but would love to go?
  • Options
    Whoswho1Whoswho1 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    Slightly unrelated but does anybody know if the Symphonic Spectacular tour will be a yearly thing as I can't manage this year but would love to go?
    I just saw something about it, Ill try and find the link.
  • Options
    david_Robinsondavid_Robinson Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    How did the soundtrack leak in the first place?
    Did some people get a copy early again?
  • Options
    EMSF144EMSF144 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    How did the soundtrack leak in the first place?
    Did some people get a copy early again?
    Murray Gold posted the tracks on a private music sharing site for showcasing composers music but it was found, downloaded and then uploaded and now most of its on youtube
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EMSF144 wrote: »
    Murray Gold posted the tracks on a private music sharing site for showcasing composers music but it was found, downloaded and then uploaded and now most of its on youtube

Was the site Audio Network by any chance?
  • Options
    EMSF144EMSF144 Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Was the site Audio Network by any chance?

Nope it wasn't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EMSF144 wrote: »
    Nope it wasn't

Shame. I could have used it in my university work when I start the post-production process.
  • Options
    inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I remember that vocal track from Children of Earth. If someone can find that for me I will love you forever.
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangential, but just noticed in the Radio Times that this Friday on Radio 2 they are broadcasting the edition of Friday Night is Music Night, featuring music from tv and film associated with time travel, which was originally scheduled to be broadcast as part of the 50th celebrations but which was cancelled due to presenter Paul Gambaccini's unexpected legal problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember that vocal track from Children of Earth. If someone can find that for me I will love you forever.

I was shocked when they changed it for the DVD/Blu-ray... what was worst was that they changed it from what was a heartfelt conclusion to something a lot more action-oriented. It worked in its own right, but was nowhere near as powerful.

And years after searching I've never found this track available, not even as unreleased music on Youtube. A great shame really, as it was one of the biggest moments of the series.
  • Options
    inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked when they changed it for the DVD/Blu-ray... what was worst was that they changed it from what was a heartfelt conclusion to something a lot more action-oriented. It worked in its own right, but was nowhere near as powerful.

And years after searching I've never found this track available, not even as unreleased music on Youtube. A great shame really, as it was one of the biggest moments of the series.
    I have the DVD. Personally I don't think the actiony music in the rescored scene works at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at that sexy poster booklet.

http://i.imgur.com/pLBPIkg.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at that sexy poster booklet.

http://i.imgur.com/pLBPIkg.png

Would've liked it a bit bigger but that size will still look great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait, Murray Gold is my one of favourite composers of all time. The day he leaves Doctor Who will be a sad day.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wait. Is that song linked in the youtube clip the one that was removed from the DVDs? I can't be arsed to dig out my COE DVD but on Netflix that soundtrack is exactly as it is in that clip...