Could Chrissie Watts be a future EE recast?

james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Chrissie has never returned to EastEnders mainly because Tracy Ann Oberman blasted EE writers after she left. Usually when that happens they would kill the character off screen but they left the door open for Chrissie.

In the new age of recasts could Chrissie be the next one? we still have unfinished business between her and Sharon. I would like to see her back and I would be willing to take a new head. ;-)

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No because Obermann has said she would be open to returning in the role.
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    No because Obermann has said she would be open to returning in the role.

Tracey might have said that but the BBC obviously don't want her back after she said the writers were on drugs.

A Chrissie recast would work pretty easy. She was only in the show a year and has been gone for almost ten now. Recasts are now part and parcel of EastEnders future so we may as well embrace it.

Bring on Chrissie #2 I say. Claire King anyone? her Corrie stint is only a guest one.
  • Doctor BenchDoctor Bench Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many threads do we need on Chrissie Watts?
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracey might have said that but the BBC obviously don't want her back after she said the writers were on drugs.

A Chrissie recast would work pretty easy. She was only in the show a year and has been gone for almost ten now. Recasts are now part and parcel of EastEnders future so we may as well embrace it.

Bring on Chrissie #2 I say. Claire King anyone? her Corrie stint is only a guest one.

If DTC wanted her, he would most likely get her.

Doubt there is any plans for Chrissie in the pipeline as we approach the 30th, you never know we might see her back in summer/autumn 2015. Will take some pretty good writing though to explain her reappearance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much clout does DTC actually have?
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,276
    Forum Member
    You could never recast Chrissie Watts, Tracy made too much of an impression when she was in the role.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The 'on drugs' comment was tongue in cheek - TAO later said she meant that as a compliment, her stories were ridiculously over the top but she really enjoyed her time there. She has also said she would return if they asked her to.

Patsy Palmer said far worse about the show and was welcomed back with open arms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    You could never recast Chrissie Watts, Tracy made too much of an impression when she was in the role.

Agreed.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chrissie was a great character of her day but she is best left where she is. There is little they could do with her apart from a few episodes with Sharon anyway. Her story arc ended when she confessed to killing Den. Chrissie returning to live in Walford would never be realistic. Nor would her returning as a bitch or villain. Chrissie had her crazy moments but she was never really a bad person. More anti hero if anything.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Tracy-Ann Oberman made such an impact Chrissie, I don't think a recast would work on that particular character.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You do realise she still works with the bbc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why all the love for a character that was in the show for only 18 months and left 9 years ago? I really don't get it. The reality is unless she had some ridiculous idea of getting revenge on Sharon there would be no reason for her to ever return to a place she barely even lived in.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Similarly to Michelle Fowler it was the actress as much as the character who was popular. You can't have one without the other. Tracy Ann Oberman made Chrissie what she was with her brilliantly layered performances. I wouldn't want Chrissie back unless it was Tracy playing her.
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I think that it wouldn't be a good idea to recast Chrissie at all.
  • Cheryl_TateCheryl_Tate Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    No!!!>:(
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    No. She shouldn't come back at all let alone as a recast. Just why would she return? There's nothing for her in Walford.
  • Cheryl_TateCheryl_Tate Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    there's Sharon/Kat/Phil she has a lot to come back for
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't recall her slagging the show off, but I can remember Patsy Palmer and Danny Dyer doing so