scotland 69am

MrRayDOMrRayDO Posts: 1,144
Forum Member
✭✭✭
if you are fed up with the same old stations ,then give scotland 69am go . AJ and Gerry Hogan both play some good music and not forgeting rock on Tommy . give it a go . its in all online outlets

Comments

• scotorcascotorca Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    MrRayDO wrote: »
    if you are fed up with the same old stations ,then give scotland 69am go . AJ and Gerry Hogan both play some good music and not forgeting rock on Tommy . give it a go . its in all online outlets

What kind of good music Mr Do?
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    Ah yes, 69am, that frequency very popular in nursing homes. watch out for the torrent of piss shorting out your valve set though.
  • MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,886
    Forum Member
    I've only heard a couple of programmes but some friends of mine enjoy both those and the music stream. Stream quality is good. Got a live version of Eric Clapton's I Shot the Sheriff on at the moment, prior to that I Feel Love by Donna Summer.
    http://www.scotland69am.com/
  • MrRayDOMrRayDO Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotorca wrote: »
    What kind of good music Mr Do?

give it a go and find out , 9pm to night
  • Sid LawSid Law Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    88 and 107.3........where?
  • MrRayDOMrRayDO Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sid Law wrote: »
    88 and 107.3........where?
    scotland lol
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have added it to my Internet radio. Will take a listen later on.
  • DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just came across this station and enjoying it much.

Like previous poster tho, 88 and 107.3 where? I know Scotland lol

Its available on tunein also - http://tunein.com/radio/Scotland-69am-s148692/
  • baggiovalderrambaggiovalderram Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's my choice of listening on Tune In...very varied mix of tunes...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are "broadcasting" from Kirkcaldy. These two frequencies at the extremes of the FM band are the sort used for RSL's?
  • AJ007AJ007 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    They are "broadcasting" from Kirkcaldy. These two frequencies at the extremes of the FM band are the sort used for RSL's?

Actually they are based in Edinburgh...only one of the DJs jokes about being based in Kirkcaldy!
    Forum Member
    It's my choice of listening on Tune In...very varied mix of tunes...

The station is also available on iTunes Radio, Winamp, vTuner and Reciva as well as Windows Phones and Android devices...plus iPhones and iPads, of course!

There's more info on https://www.facebook.com/groups/scotland69am/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a pity they`re not on dab as there is space but i guess its the cost but i like the sound of the station. Definitley sounds better than the new eklipse sports radio on dab.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ007 wrote: »
    Actually they are based in Edinburgh...only one of the DJs jokes about being based in Kirkcaldy!

I'll be in Edinburgh on Friday. I'll have a wee tune around to see if they are actually on these freqs.
    Forum Member
    I'll be in Edinburgh on Friday. I'll have a wee tune around to see if they are actually on these freqs.

These freqs are only used occasionally as the station is primarily 24/7 online.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These freqs are only used occasionally as the station is primarily 24/7 online.

Only white noise on these two frequencies yesterday afternoon.

It was interesting having a wee tune around in Edinburgh. There is a lot more on the band than there was when I lived there.

My monitoring location and equipment was carefully chosen..........not.

The bench at the top of Blackford Hill beside the trig point and the police mast, ('coz its' only 15 minutes walk/climb from my parents house), and a Nokia X2 phone that was in my pocket.

All of the BBC nationals (x3) plus nan Gael (x4), Classic (x2) Forth 1 (x3), Real (x3) and Capital (x2) from Black Hill, Forfar, Penicuik, and Craigkelly. Clyde 1 and Smooth also from Black Hill and Tay FM from Angus. Kingdom (x3 including the 10w relay in Kirkcaldy), and East Coast FM from Haddington,, Black Diamond FM from Newtongrange, Garrison and Castle from a bit closer.
    Missed Central FM but I'm pretty sure it would have been there.

Although not really practical to take a descent sized aerial and a better receiver up there, with a 6 element yagi I'd recon you could get the BBC Nationals from Meldrum, Ashkirk and Sandale, Borders from Selkirk and Eyemouth, Newcastle from Chatton, Wave from Dundee Law, Northsound 1 from Durris and West FM from Darvel. I've picked them all up in the past in various parts of the city. How sad am I ?
  • cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on picking up Real yesterday afternoon, please let us all know how to do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cuttysark wrote: »
    Congratulations on picking up Real yesterday afternoon, please let us all know how to do it.

OK, you got me there. The frequencies formally used by Real....and Scot FM !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darn so Heart still here then lol.

Heard the frequencies being announced yesterday on Scotland 69am when I was tuned in.
    Forum Member

Heard the frequencies being announced yesterday on Scotland 69am when I was tuned in.

Yes but, as I posted previously, they are rarely used these days as the station rightly concentrates on it's 24/7 online output.

the freqs are still announced on some of the older station IDs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It`s a pity they don`t try advertise somewhere. billboards/bus shelters etc to let more

people know about this Scottish station. On well known websites where people would

see the ads. I only came across it via here on DS and am enjoying it.

I`m lucky to have unlimited internet tho on my smartphone (giffgaff £12).
    Forum Member
    It`s a pity they don`t try advertise somewhere. billboards/bus shelters etc to let more

people know about this Scottish station. On well known websites where people would

see the ads. I only came across it via here on DS and am enjoying it.

Agreed, DS but these things cost money.

Which websites were you thinking of?
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The station is also available on iTunes Radio, Winamp, vTuner and Reciva as well as Windows Phones and Android devices...plus iPhones and iPads, of course!

There's more info on https://www.facebook.com/groups/scotland69am/

It can also be picked up on yourmuze.fm and nokia internet radio if you have a non android or non iphone smartphone.
    Forum Member
    This Saturday's line-up includes former Radio Scotland 242 DJ Tony Meehan with the latest edition of his "Tony Meehan Returns" at 3pm.

Tony's show is preceded by the station's top rated show, "AJ on your Radio" at 12noon which includes an eclectic mix of music, old and new. It's so worth a listen!
    Forum Member
    There's an article about Scotland 69am in the new (August 2014) edition of Radio User magazine.