So, Jale is happy now that she's been 'accepted' by Helen and her group.

zx50zx50 Posts: 91,268
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't believe that Jale's allowing Helen and her group to 'accept' her into their group. I wouldn't give Helen the satisfaction of thinking that I wanted to be accepted by her. The chances are that Helen would never have accepted Jale if she hadn't have been warned about her bullying towards Jale.

Comments

• Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    Jale doesn't know helen got warned though.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can only assume having to live in that environment is the contributing factor here but even so ...... I'd rather stay on the outside than sell my soul to the devil
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    She doesn't really have a choice. If they make overtures, and she keeps ignoring them, then she becomes the problem, and everyone will keep talking about her. Having a civil conversation with someone doesn't mean you like or trust them - not understanding that is what caused this whole mess in the first place. Pauline and Helen had to have that concept beat into them by BB. Even now you can tell that on Pauline's part, at least, it's being done grudgingly.

Blanking them made sense when they were overly hostile, and made her the bigger person. Accepting their apologies and continuing to let them hang themselves without it being all about her still makes her the bigger person.
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    From what I've seen she's hardly been accepted into their group.:confused:

Helen has admitted that her treatment of Jale was bad and Pauline heard the boos last week, and then received a warning, so she is at least being nicer to Jale.

Jale is still with the people that she always was, mainly Danielle and Chris.

Both Helen and Pauline had to be warned before they changed their minds about Jale, which says a lot about them. Jale has no idea they have been warned, and is just happy now she is not the target of every comment and scornful look.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's how bullies work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think Jale said in the diary room she was confused as to why and thought it had something to do with the way she was changing and acting. If she knew they had a warning about being warned, then Jale would know the real reason. Right now she is in the dark
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    in a conversation we saw last night she said to Chris that it is enough to be civil. She wasn't overly impressed with Helens 'acceptance'.

I wouldn't imagine for one minute she will enter into the cool gang - I shouldn't think sitting bitching and bullying is what she does - especially after being on the receiving end.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been in the wilderness for so long, I suppose she thinks any Port in a storm will do for now. I'll make them all pay later, for the way they've made me suffer.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't really have a choice. If they make overtures, and she keeps ignoring them, then she becomes the problem, and everyone will keep talking about her. Having a civil conversation with someone doesn't mean you like or trust them - not understanding that is what caused this whole mess in the first place. Pauline and Helen had to have that concept beat into them by BB. Even now you can tell that on Pauline's part, at least, it's being done grudgingly.

Blanking them made sense when they were overly hostile, and made her the bigger person. Accepting their apologies and continuing to let them hang themselves without it being all about her still makes her the bigger person.

I don't mean keeping an obvious grudge against her, just that Jale should just be as cool as possible while still being civil towards her. It just feels as though Jale is making too much of an effort to be overly friendly with her.
  • heva__xheva__x Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    She probably just feels more relaxed now that she's not constantly being scrutinised by the majority of housemates.
  • Stone_AngelStone_Angel Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Living with someone day in day out for weeks on end, it would be a damn sight more uncomfortable and wearying to maintain hostilities rather than being friendly - Jale doesn't have to 'mean it'!
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I don't mean keeping an obvious grudge against her, just that Jale should just be as cool as possible while still being civil towards her. It just feels as though Jale is making too much of an effort to be overly friendly with her.

It's a smoking thing. One on one in the house with people she trusts, she'll be more relaxed, but because it seems pretty much everyone in the house is a smoker, she's always going to have those moments where she has to interact with the people she doesn't like. Sitting there and not participating just because Helen is there would not be perceived as being just civil, it would be perceived as her being passive aggressive. Participating in the conversation as if Helen doesn't matter one way or the other works better, and is basically what she was doing in that clip where Helen apologized to her. She even went on to mention to Chris later that she wasn't going to put that much stock in it.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Living with someone day in day out for weeks on end, it would be a damn sight more uncomfortable and wearying to maintain hostilities rather than being friendly - Jale doesn't have to 'mean it'!

Exactly.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    in a conversation we saw last night she said to Chris that it is enough to be civil. She wasn't overly impressed with Helens 'acceptance'.

I wouldn't imagine for one minute she will enter into the cool gang - I shouldn't think sitting bitching and bullying is what she does - especially after being on the receiving end.

I saw that. Was it on BOTS or the main show :confused: I can't remember but if it was in the main show then I would have thought it would be known that she clearly hasn't joined the dark side. Having said that whilst living in such an environment surely it's got to be easier if you're at least on civil terms with everyone.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jale is just happy that Helen & co ain't picking on her anymore that's all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    tubby jale can jog on
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that Jale's allowing Helen and her group to 'accept' her into their group. I wouldn't give Helen the satisfaction of thinking that I wanted to be accepted by her. The chances are that Helen would never have accepted Jale if she hadn't have been warned about her bullying towards Jale.
    define accept in the way you used it. I ask because the way you put it doesn't relate to what I saw and what I heard.
    It feels to you ... Surely what Jale said in conversation and in the DR is self explanatory. No interpretation is required I feel because she SAID how she feels about it and how much stock she took in it. She's happy to no longer be in Coventry , she doesn't suddenly like Helen nor trust her. Sorry but I really don't understand the problem in this case as we know how SHE feels about it. :confused:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    Jale is just happy that Helen & co ain't picking on her anymore that's all

She did seem more relaxed in the diary room. She doesn't know that Helen got warned about her behaviour towards her when speaking in the diary room.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jale as far as I could tell "feels better" as apposed to "feels happy" about the situation.

She has been verbally attacked ,constantly insulted and her character brought into question.

The fact Helen and Pauline have been warned has given her a reprieve. This can only be a relief not the bringer of happiness.

Maybe when Pauline is booted Jale might have a glimmer of happiness.
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member

This. I think she'll be nice to them and talk if in the same place but won't go out of her way to speak to them.
  • Esther_AspleyEsther_Aspley Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she has dug her own grave