Options

Madonna's new album, "Iconic", leaks online.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
Forum Member
It doesn't take much to search the internet, but her yet to be announced album as leaked online.

13 demo songs leaked fully online, with the productions being involving "Avicii, Diplo, Nathalia Kills, Toby Gad, Mozella, S1, MNEK, Blood Diamonds, DJ Dahi, Ariel Rechtshaid, Martin Kierszenbaum, Djemba Djemba, Sophie, Ryan Tedder, Alicia Keys, the Coral Gospel Community of London, Nicki Minaj and rapper Nas."

The tracks that leaked are;
Messiah.
Revolution.
Unapologetic Bitch.
Wash All Over Me (feat. Avicii).
Make The Devil Pray.
Living For Love.
Rebel Heart (feat. Avicii).
Illuminati (which involves a Gaga name drop).
Joan Of Arc.
Bitch I'm Madonna.
Borrowed Time.
Addicted (The One That Got Away).
Heartbreak City.

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    At best demos, at worst fake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At best demos, at worst fake.

Oh it's real - they're all in 320kbps, but it's definitely the demo version of the album.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's totally real, she must be completely livid, no release date, no proper title, no singles, nothing, probably not even done any shoots or artwork for it yet. She's probably gonna cancel the whole thing and start again isn't she?
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    Oh it's real - they're all in 320kbps, but it's definitely the demo version of the album.

If she hasn't announced the album though how do you know it is an album and not just a collection of demos and discards?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If she hasn't announced the album though how do you know it is an album and not just a collection of demos and discards?

The original source/download that it came from had the album title as "Iconic". Of course it couldn't be the title, but it's the only apparent title at the moment (and the only thing we haven't heard linked to this album yet).
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor woman. :( The songs are quite nice too. I wonder if she'll move up the release date now.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn this is so heartbreaking though, I don't think I've ever heard of an album leaking this early, she literally has nothing yet, the tracks aren't even finished and the full thing is leaked, heads will roll.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Damn this is so heartbreaking though, I don't think I've ever heard of an album leaking this early, she literally has nothing yet, the tracks aren't even finished and the full thing is leaked, heads will roll.

She must've been furious when Rebel Heart and Wash All Over Me leaked like GMAYL did... Now this has happened. :( I can't imagine how she's feeling
  • Options
    446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's it like? An album of pop songs that could be played on the radio, or just a load of repetitive dance rubbish that the typical radio station wouldn't touch with a bargepole?
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't rate Madonna at all but that's completely irrelevant, this is so ****ing horrible and whoever has done it needs to be sent down for a long time.

When you've worked on something so personally and closely for so long just to have it stolen..?! Oh god I'd be in pieces.

I know there's a lot of Madonna fans on here and I suggest, if you genuinely love her as much as you say you do, don't listen to any of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    446.09375 wrote: »
    What's it like? An album of pop songs that could be played on the radio, or just a load of repetitive dance rubbish that the typical radio station wouldn't touch with a bargepole?

It's a mixed bag
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone listen to it all and tell us what you think.

Best tracks/worst tracks, etc? Best producers/worst producers, etc?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet to hear it but is the album really titled Iconic? I hope not.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    It doesn't take much to search the internet, but her yet to be announced album as leaked online.

13 demo songs leaked fully online, with the productions being involving "Avicii, Diplo, Nathalia Kills, Toby Gad, Mozella, S1, MNEK, Blood Diamonds, DJ Dahi, Ariel Rechtshaid, Martin Kierszenbaum, Djemba Djemba, Sophie, Ryan Tedder, Alicia Keys, the Coral Gospel Community of London, Nicki Minaj and rapper Nas."

The tracks that leaked are;
    Messiah.
    Revolution.
    Unapologetic Bitch.
    Wash All Over Me (feat. Avicii).
    Make The Devil Pray.
    Living For Love.
    Rebel Heart (feat. Avicii).
    Illuminati (which involves a Gaga name drop).
    Joan Of Arc.
    Bitch I'm Madonna.
    Borrowed Time.
    Addicted (The One That Got Away).
    Heartbreak City.

ugh, can she not just leave gaga alone ?
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    ugh, can she not just leave gaga alone ?

She also name drops a lot of other people in that song too - Beyonce, Jay Z, Nicki, Lil Wayne etc
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Rebel Heart is still my favourite.

Living For Love is good too, but it kind of feels like it's going somewhere really amazing...then doesn't.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    It's a shame. I'm a massive M fan and I certainly won't be seeking this out. :(
  • Options
    madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all just old demo's. You can tell by the terrible tinny sound quality and lack of production on them. Not even worth listening to. As often the demos sound nothing like the finished product.
  • Options
    Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I have listened to the album and honestly, I don't like it. Maybe this will be an opportunity for her to make it better, or to make a whole new album.

I feel bad for her though, two years of hard work stolen like this... it would be hard to swallow for anybody.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't heard any of the songs aside from Rebel Heart but this is a disaster and it's happened with her before so why aren't her team learning any lessons? She said they are all old demos but it's still a disaster and the worst thing that could happen
  • Options
    SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though most of them are demos its her best work since confessions. Lyrically this is her strongest since American Life.
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a really really crappy thing to happen to any artist whoever it is whether they are your favourite or least favourite act.

The only positive I can gather from someone who edited together 30 seconds slices of each leaked track (which I have listened to) is this suggests this album whilst it does possess some Avicii & Kiesza-esque 2014 chart chasing sounds is going to be a return to her better darker and more introspective work (most like this decades Erotica or American Life), after the near abominations of her last two albums.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I haven't heard any of the songs but there's some eye-popping titles (Bitch I'm Madonna and Illuminati, has she really named her songs that?)

:o:o
  • Options
    SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Messiah is her best song of the last 13 years imho.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sereniity wrote: »
    Even though most of them are demos its her best work since confessions. Lyrically this is her strongest since American Life.

I like every song except for Bitch, I'm Madonna which is kind of a novelty song and not meant to be taken seriously. There's a lot of acoustic guitars. Some of it reminds me of American Life. There are some sad orchestral based ballads. I was expecting more dance. The only real dance ones are Living for Love, Illuminati, Wash All Over Me and Borrowed Time. As an album especially as one she tours with including dancers it might need more uptempo dance stuff, but it's great to listen to at home. It seems very personal and introspective and real.