Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like gmb the bright sets and false presenters cheer me up first thing in the morning.

Its susanna and charlotte were employed because of what they did on their previous shows,so why try and change them into something their not,kinda defeats the object of employing them in the first place.

Must be presenters out there cheaper and more fitting of gmb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give susanna a break,media influences is high,emma crosby flashed more than susanna ever did,no mentions a word.
  • Options
    tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Fair comment, but I assume ITV purported that signing Susanna & Charlotte would bring over viewers to ITV. (from BBC & Sky) (Twitter research lol)

The truth is the opposite is true, they brought no viewers with them and ostracized the Daybreak viewers, evidenced by the fact the viewing figures are now under 500,000.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Fair comment, but I assume ITV purported that signing Susanna & Charlotte would bring over viewers to ITV. (from BBC & Sky) (Twitter research lol)

The truth is the opposite is true, they brought no viewers with them and ostracized the Daybreak viewers, evidenced by the fact the viewing figures are now under 500,000.

You would have thought ITV would have learned that lesson with Adrian and Christine who barely brought any viewers with them either (and whose programme was of course at a totally different time of day on BBC1). As ever ITV fails to develop its own talent (there must be many talented presenters in the ITV regions) and simply uses its cheque book to import a few players from the BBC.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think Susanna deliberately flashed I am sure it was an accident that occured when she crossed her legs.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    I dont think Susanna deliberately flashed I am sure it was an accident that occured when she crossed her legs.

I bet you were there, pausing and rewinding trying to get a glimpse of gusset :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet you were there, pausing and rewinding trying to get a glimpse of gusset :)

I didnt but I have wore a kilt before and I know how difficult it is to move your legs when sitting down without showing areas which shouldnt be shown
  • Options
    kelvokelvo Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like gmb the bright sets and false presenters cheer me up first thing in the morning.

Its susanna and charlotte were employed because of what they did on their previous shows,so why try and change them into something their not,kinda defeats the object of employing them in the first place.

Must be presenters out there cheaper and more fitting of gmb.

Having never watched Sky Breakfast news, I don't know what the format is/was so how different is GMB from Sky for what Charlotte is doing now - might be wrong but from reading comments here and there I get the feeling she was Eammon's #2 rather than an equal presenter in her own right? In any case going from Sky to ITV has still introduced Charlotte a bigger audience

Charlotte seems to largely have been devoid of the critics with Susanna being lined up as the 'fall girl'.

Without going round and round in circles, if you don't get the content of the programme right to start with and decide if you want to be "serious" or "light and fluffy" then you are always going to struggle, regardless of who you get to present. If presenter "x" is better at "light and fluffy" then aim parts of the show at them...

...and from my Twitter feed this week it seems I missed such "high brow" topics as whether we should all "wee in the shower to save water".. although, eugh, not sure I really wanted to know whether Alex, Charlotte or Laura do or don't whilst I'm eating my cornflakes :o

Didn't turn on this morning so who and what have I missed...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didnt but I have wore a kilt before and I know how difficult it is to move your legs when sitting down without showing areas which shouldnt be shown

I hope you had some pants on when you were wearing your kilt :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope you had some pants on when you were wearing your kilt :D

I did
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did

Good job otherwise everyone would've had an eye full :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good job otherwise everyone would've had an eye full :D

I wonder if Ben wore any pants when he wore a kilt on Lorraine a few weeks ago. Lorraine's daughter Rosie definitely saw something when Ben lifted the back of his kilt at the end of the show. The question is whether it was covered or uncovered like a true scotsman
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one here thinking poor old Sean? I have no doubt he's probably a very good sports presenter, but he literally has nothing to do on this programme. Certainly between 8 and 830, when it finishes, he does nothing, yet still has to sit there looking like he has a purpose. Either give him a bigger role or sadly, get rid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean will probably be on BT sports this time next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According the shows Wikipedia page ITV are committed to keeping GMB on air until 2018,that will probably happen regardless of the viewing figures,it will more than likely be with this line up as well as who else would want this job.

Like a lot of people had high hopes for GMB,especially with how the show was described by Helen warner before show went to air.

I still don't mind it though.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three years of a show that is under-performing ..... can't really see that myself. OK, they might stick with the name, but I'm sure that there will be pressure from within ITV for there to be at least changes in format, style or presenters, if not cancellation..
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According the shows Wikipedia page ITV are committed to keeping GMB on air until 2018,that will probably happen regardless of the viewing figures,it will more than likely be with this line up as well as who else would want this job.

Like a lot of people had high hopes for GMB,especially with how the show was described by Helen warner before show went to air.

I still don't mind it though.

You can be 'committed' to something, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is going to happen.

Like a football chairman saying he has absolute faith in his manager- and sacking him 48 hours later.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kelvo wrote: »
    Having never watched Sky Breakfast news, I don't know what the format is/was so how different is GMB from Sky for what Charlotte is doing now - might be wrong but from reading comments here and there I get the feeling she was Eammon's #2 rather than an equal presenter in her own right? In any case going from Sky to ITV has still introduced Charlotte a bigger audience

Charlotte seems to largely have been devoid of the critics with Susanna being lined up as the 'fall girl'.

Without going round and round in circles, if you don't get the content of the programme right to start with and decide if you want to be "serious" or "light and fluffy" then you are always going to struggle, regardless of who you get to present. If presenter "x" is better at "light and fluffy" then aim parts of the show at them...

...and from my Twitter feed this week it seems I missed such "high brow" topics as whether we should all "wee in the shower to save water".. although, eugh, not sure I really wanted to know whether Alex, Charlotte or Laura do or don't whilst I'm eating my cornflakes :o

Didn't turn on this morning so who and what have I missed...?

Last week you also missed an intense discussion on whether Richard Arnold had broken wind on the previous day's programme, complete with action replays.I don't for a moment believe ITV will keep it going until 2018 as Adam Crozier has said anything below a 15% audience share is not viable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the 15% target was just media speculation from an alleged source.

Can't remember last GMB was above 15%.

ITV probably terrified at the thought of maybe having to revamp once again.
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the 15% target was just media speculation from an alleged source.

Can't remember last GMB was above 15%.

ITV probably terrified at the thought of maybe having to revamp once again.

They don't need to 'revamp' it again. They just need to change the editorial focus of the show, and cover stories that more viewers are interested in.

Trouble is, although that solution has been staring them in the face for ages, they have proved incapable of seeing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV don't do simple or obvious.
  • Options
    kelvokelvo Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Last week you also missed an intense discussion on whether Richard Arnold had broken wind on the previous day's programme, complete with action replays.

ah yes, the old "squeaky sofa" episode... have to admit it was quite funny to see Susanna cracking up - and I'm sure the inner 6 year old in most of use would have done the same, but to go into an in depth discussion on "fartgate" rather over eggs the pudding a bit though.

Having re-read this and my Twitter time line, not sure why I put Alex, I meant Sean - either way a case of TMI...

I did notice that Status Quo were on this morning so might actually check that out on iPlayer - I'm assuming whoever was interviewing them was suitably dressed in denim?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah yes, the old "squeaky sofa" episode... have to admit it was quite funny to see Susanna cracking up - and I'm sure the inner 6 year old in most of use would have done the same, but to go into an in depth discussion on "fartgate" rather over eggs the pudding a bit though.

Having re-read this and my Twitter time line, not sure why I put Alex, I meant Sean - either way a case of TMI...

I did notice that Status Quo were on this morning so might actually check that out on iPlayer - I'm assuming whoever was interviewing them was suitably dressed in denim?

I think you meant Alex the stand in weather man
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with you bushmills as many people do its the content,but if the programme makers read this thread or other forums the main criticism has been the set which I don't mind just remove the desk and Susanna who i also dont mind,that's what ITV would take from the forums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GMB got 496,000 last Monday would be interesting to see if they improved for fridays show.