Easter dinner

fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
Forum Member
Is anyone having an easter dinner tomorrow?

I usually do roast lamb but left it too late and they didn't have any left in the shop so had to get beef instead. I'll be doing roasties, roast parsnips, peas, gravy and I'm attempting my own Yorkshires tomorrow :o

Edit: chocolate crispy cakes and loads of Easter eggs to follow!

Comments

• indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turkey Crown with all the trimmings. Apart from pigs in blankets it's a full Christmas dinner.
  • Paul_RowlandsPaul_Rowlands Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Chicken roast all trimmings & pigs in blankets
  • 1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice peace of silverside with all the trimmings.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No different to any other evening meal here. The only day we do something "special" is Xmas day. One day a year is enough!
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fish fingers and what ever I feel like having with them.
    Just feel like fish fingers today, maybe.

I do not go into for all this Easter dinner and I have not had a proper sunday type dinner for months.
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do enjoy a fish finger sandwich. White bloomer bread, lots of cold, fresh butter, one side mayo, other side ketchup, hot fish fingers, sprinkle of salt and black pepper. Lovely!
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like lamb, so I just have a piece of ready to roast turkey from M&S and I will make potatoes, veg and gravy. Not sure what veg as I haven't looked in the fridge to see what we have yet.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Some frozen duck legs for me. Classy.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Fish fingers and what ever I feel like having with them.
    Just feel like fish fingers today, maybe.

I do not go into for all this Easter dinner and I have not had a proper sunday type dinner for months.

I had fish on Good Friday. Cooked in the microwave. Tasted really good. I was surprised.

Dunno what I will be having tomorrow though...

Might be a kipper. :o:D
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cooking for eight folk, leg(s) of Welsh salt marsh Lamb, gratin dauphinois, roast vegetables, gravy, home made Yorkshire pud, onion/cream sauce, and mint sauce. Fresh strawberries and home made vannila ice cream.

Veuve Clicquot, port and armagnac, we'll eat around six. :)
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roasting a duck. Spring vegs.
    Just about to light the oven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    it's just like an ordinary Sunday..so i doing cauliflower cheese and fish ( i did loads good Friday and have that..Might cook dinner tomorrow if i can be bothered lol
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't get round to getting roast dinner bits from the supermercado yesterday so I treated myself to a late lunch at my fave South Indian restaurant in East London a couple of hours ago. I had a massala dosa, kaima iddly, Indian coffee and an orange Fanta. Then I popped into the Indian bakery and got an eggless black forest cream cake slice and a lamb curry pastry for later.

I suppose it worked out better cos the roast would have only been for me and my cat. Roast for one person and a small animal is a waste cos I don't eat leftover roast the next day as I will only enjoy it freshly cooked.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get round to getting roast dinner bits from the supermercado yesterday so I treated myself to a late lunch at my fave South Indian restaurant in East London a couple of hours ago. I had a massala dosa, kaima iddly, Indian coffee and an orange Fanta. Then I popped into the Indian bakery and got an eggless black forest cream cake slice and a lamb curry pastry for later.

I suppose it worked out better cos the roast would have only been for me and my cat. Roast for one person and a small animal is a waste cos I don't eat leftover roast the next day as I will only enjoy it freshly cooked.

never heard of that before ?

you could always dine @ farmer bobs manky shack, h'd be glad of the company :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    never heard of that before ?

you could always dine @ farmer bobs manky shack, h'd be glad of the company :p:D
    I think I have had something like it before, it's curry rolled into a flaky pastry tube...looking a bit like a sausage roll!

I was Bob's best customer...is his business still even going?
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dominos today as I'm hungover. My boyfriend is also working today but not tomorrow so he's doing a leg of lamb tomorrow.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have had something like it before, it's curry rolled into a flaky pastry tube...looking a bit like a sausage roll!

I was Bob's best customer...is his business still even going?

Oh right thanks, for the info

no, elf and safety shut him down, but bobs till about :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh right thanks, for the info

no, elf and safety shut him down, but bobs till about :)
    He's selling on the street? Illegally?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Cooking for eight folk, leg(s) of Welsh salt marsh Lamb, gratin dauphinois, roast vegetables, gravy, home made Yorkshire pud, onion/cream sauce, and mint sauce. Fresh strawberries and home made vannila ice cream.

Sounds absolutely divine! Pics if possible please.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »

What are you drinking with that fab lamb?
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it turned out well.
    Easter dinner. Roast turkey crown, honey & parmesan roast parsnips, buttered Savoy cabbage, swede & carrot mash, cranberry sauce and roast potatoes. There was stuffing but I took the pic before putting it on. Not a Heston plate but it tasted bloody lovely.

23vkhz4.jpg
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I made my son a roast chicken dinner

I am not great at eating but tried quorn pork - disgusting and nothing at all like pork. So I had 1 roast potato and 1 aunt Bessies yorkshire pudding.
  • station31station31 Posts: 3,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly annoyed I cant seem to get more eggs Supermarkets seemed to have cleared the shelves already and put the summer season crap in
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    station31 wrote: »
    Slightly annoyed I cant seem to get more eggs Supermarkets seemed to have cleared the shelves already and put the summer season crap in

this happens every year - come good Friday theres hardly an egg to be seen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i cooked myself a dinner today too..Chicken thighs and potatoes both done in the pressure cooker( i mashed the potatoes )..mixed veg..balls of stuffing..sausage and bacon pigin blankets, gravy roasted parsnip and carrots, roast potatoes ..t'was nice :D..there is another one for tomorrow too, back in work so will come in handy lol