EU Nintendo Direct - New Wii U games - tomorrow at 2pm (23/01)

MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
Forum Member
✭✭
Quoting the Tweet from @NintendoUK
Mr Iwata will reveal new games for #WiiU in a new #NintendoDirectEU at 2pm GMT on 23/01. Link: http://t.co/9mU986LR http://t.co/QWZn4BMI

Comments

• boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    I haven't been keeping up but are there any Fzero rumours?
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been looking forward to this announcement.

Eager to see what this Yoshi game will be and maybe we'll see something from Zelda.

Also hoping for a Virtual Console type service that is NOTHING like the Wii one and gets regular updates from SNES N64 and GC.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping for DS games to become available on a virtual console if it becomes available. The 2 screens are there, plus microphone, gyroscope, camera. They'd probably look fugly though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrubber wrote: »
    Been looking forward to this announcement.

Eager to see what this Yoshi game will be and maybe we'll see something from Zelda.

Also hoping for a Virtual Console type service that is NOTHING like the Wii one and gets regular updates from SNES N64 and GC.

That won't happen mate. They would only ever announce Zelda at E3. Zelda is one of their biggest titles. They will wait for the whole world to watch to announce something that big.

Not saying Zelda would never appear in a Nintendo direct, if they had already announced it, they would preview a new trailer and game footage etc.

I would bet big money that Game and Wario and Wii Fit U will get mentioned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly less excited then.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I'm following the updates on https://twitter.com/onm_uk and I have to say, I'm very excited :D
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a new Pokemon game like Pokémon Stadium or Pokémon Colosseum. :(
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. Probably the best Direct yet.

Wind Waker HD! MegaTen x Fire Emblem crossover! Yoshi Land! Xenoblade 2!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit disappointed that the Yoshi game is in the style of wool (yarn) should have styled it like Yoshis Story. Will probably buy anyway.

Zelda Wind Waker HD looks pretty good, will buy it if it's a quiet month in gaming.

It's looking like my Wii U library isn't going to be expanding this year.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great Nintendo Direct. So excited for the upcoming games and further details at E3. Hopefully E3 will be just as good as today's ND.

So glad the Virtual Console will be out soon. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long before they add N64 and Gamecube titles to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They need some big announcements for E3 this year now. Super Smash Bros wont cut it against the other consoles.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    one2escape wrote: »
    They need some big announcements for E3 this year now. Super Smash Bros wont cut it against the other consoles.

Nothing is going to compete with new hardware but if they have new 3d mario and new zelda playable then they are going to get some decent press.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Does nintendo not create new franchises?

Just wondering
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Does nintendo not create new franchises?

Just wondering

That was my worry when I bought a Wii U.

If Nintendo don't pull their finger out and start to step it up by creating new games apart from the ones they always remake or make sequels of on every one of their new consoles, then they won't sell as many after release as they had hoped. If they don't end up showing some promise after the first half of the year, I think I'll be selling mine.

I was impressed by some of the games shown in this Nintendo Direct, but not the ones that they always stick to.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Scrubber wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed that the Yoshi game is in the style of wool (yarn) should have styled it like Yoshis Story. Will probably buy anyway.

Zelda Wind Waker HD looks pretty good, will buy it if it's a quiet month in gaming.

It's looking like my Wii U library isn't going to be expanding this year.

Yoshi's Story was a bit twee, but looking back it was actually a beautiful game :)
    I loved the music :o