Was this film recommended on this forum after a series 9 ep?

nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
Forum Member
I've got confused (happens often alas)!

I'm pretty sure it was on here (I don't watch much TV, so am not on many forums here) that a film was recommended which pretty much mirrored the plot of one of the series 9 episodes.

It might well have been a later episode I seem to remember...something about the folk not realising it was a hologram, or they were already dead, something like that.

A couple of people recommended it and a few folk went off to watch it.

Can anyone recall that and help me out please?

Thankies in advance (with as few spoilers as - e.g. even which episode - possible, as you can see I've already forgotten crucial details!!!) :)

Comments

• Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    The Blair Witch Project?
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    The Blair Witch Project?

Thanks but alas no (though wouldn't mind watching it again!).

Something about people on a ship I think (not sure if a space or sea one).
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carry On Jack? ;-)

Holograms and death bring to mind Under The Lake/Before The Flood or Heaven Sent, and I know some people were mentioning a Stephen King film being not dissimilar concept wise to the latter, but can't recall it. I think some less than keen on said episode/Moffat used the term rip off, actually!

ETA ah, no, that was a series of King books called The Dark Tower, not a film. Coat. Getting. :blush:
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lair of the white worm makes the most sense....
    Forum Member
    Thanks a lot guys but it was none of those. It was a one-word title I think. Decentish budget, apparently very neglected considering how good it is.
    Forum Member
    Heaven Sent and Dark Tower ring major bells from the thread at the time I think (but it wasn't Dark Tower). I'll search the forum for that :)
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Not hologram related. I do recall after 'Heaven Sent' the films 'Triangle' and 'Time Crimes' being discussed a little.
    Forum Member
    Not hologram related. I do recall after 'Heaven Sent' the films 'Triangle' and 'Time Crimes' being discussed a little.

Brilliant, thanks so much, it was Triangle!!! :D
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Hurrah! :)
    Forum Member
    Hurrah! :)

I'll raise you to a 'huzzah' for that!!! Thanks so much again :)
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Lair of the white worm makes the most sense....

Lair of the White Worm made no sense :)
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks so much, it was Triangle!!! :D
    It was Triangle, yes but give Time Crimes a go as well as that too is an excellent film.
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Triangle, yes but give Timecrimes a go as well as that too is an excellent film.

If you don't mind watching lower resolutions, I noticed the Spanish film Timecrimes is on YouTube with English dubbing. Time travel can get really messy very quickly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymxSX12CPqk
    Forum Member
    It was Triangle, yes but give Time Crimes a go as well as that too is an excellent film.
    If you don't mind watching lower resolutions, I noticed the Spanish film Timecrimes is on YouTube with English dubbing. Time travel can get really messy very quickly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymxSX12CPqk

Many thanks, I remember that being discussed too, I'll watch it as well, much appreciated :)
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Lair of the White Worm made no sense :)

Its as if Garth marenghi wrote a film. Then at the last minute cast peter capaldi and Hugh grant as daglass and sanch....