Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Congrats my friend, hope mother and baby are well.:) ...........it's 2-2 between you and I now.............(my daughter better not make it 3 just yet!!:o)....no rest for the wicked.!

Well if Ven come on& beats me, I've got 2 G/S plus a G /Son

Jim, I don't think Matt likes the girls so that rules CD out.............(Corbyn Dallas is many people but certainly not Matt Forde);-):p

:confused::confused:
    I've been thinking that for a while Jack !! :confused::o
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member

:confused::confused:
    I've been thinking that for a while Jack !! :confused::o

What.....Matt not liking girls or Corbyn Dallas multiple aliases, but not being Matt..........i'd put money on both.:D
    Forum Member
    .....and A Big Welcome Home To Blighty Sleep's.:):)
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if Ven come on& beats me, I've got 2 G/S plus a G /Son

How can I be a grandma at 34 Sleeps:p:D OK, then I exaggerated there, just a wee bit, I have one son but no grandkids [yet].

Alan seems relieved he doesn't have a get a passport now, he's saying he's cool with all of it but to quote a famous young lady "well, he would say that wouldn't he .. ";-)
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    Incidentally it's possible to drink round the clock here in London (always has been) it's just knowing where to go and working out a schedule. I expect Big Al's schedule is always up to date;-)

True. We used to do that as a special day out in the 70's. A mixture of pubs, private clubs, nightclubs and to finish off, a tipple in Borough Market. :)
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats my friend, hope mother and baby are well.:) ...........it's 2-2 between you and I now.............(my daughter better not make it 3 just yet!!:o)....no rest for the wicked.!

Thanks mate both are fine, twas a bit of a rush in the end, a mad rush to the hospital in the car, banging on the closed locked main doors to get in and making it on the bed by 10.15pm and born at 10.18pm. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Just i n the last 10 minutes got back from the battlecruiser mate [boozer] and a good ole session wetting the baby's head but I'll be back up for 5.30am and out on the mountain bike with the personal radio on catching the result of this extraordinary happening in our lifetime with the north of the border result.

What a loads of old cobblers that bit was in bold I ended up staying up all night watching the Scottish referendum voting coming in one by one on SKY News and BBC News if I'd attempted the bike after it I'd have needed an oxygen tent mid way round. :D

Commiserations Bangla.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have missed all of the breakfast show so will be checking out the listen again thingy later because Big Al will have been bursting his guts to get out his views on the referendum, anything good and I'll link it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Peter, I hope all the family are doing really well. :)

Thanks Diff appreciated mate. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim, I don't think Matt likes the girls so that rules CD out.............(Corbyn Dallas is many people but certainly not Matt Forde);-):p

Jack I don't know why you think that?, I'm pretty convinced by now it is Matt. :D

...... Remember
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone listen to The Two Mikes this morning? Bet it was interesting considering MG's Scottish roots. Putting it on now! :)
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Anyone listen to The Two Mikes this morning? Bet it was interesting considering MG's Scottish roots. Putting it on now! :)

dipped in and out... kept switching to channels that had the actual counts...

just before them there was a quiz at the end of the show before... it went to a tie break... 2 people had to guess what day xmas fell on a few years ago.. the first person asked said "the 25th" - they laughed it off, made it clear they meant the day of the week by saying it was a 1 in 7 chance... and the guy said "the 1st" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dipped in and out... kept switching to channels that had the actual counts...

just before them there was a quiz at the end of the show before... it went to a tie break... 2 people had to guess what day xmas fell on a few years ago.. the first person asked said "the 25th" - they laughed it off, made it clear they meant the day of the week by saying it was a 1 in 7 chance... and the guy said "the 1st" :D

LOL! The Sports Bar do get the dumbest callers. On the old quiz they did they asked multiple choice questions, and the amount of times the first person picked the wrong answer and they offered the question to the second person who said the same wrong answer was astounding and baffling! :D Gotta love it!
  • jim_lyonsjim_lyons Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't listened to TS since Tuesday - I refuse to support any station or instituation that hires Piers Morgan - and was wondering if he is now a permanent fixture in the TS schedules?

He should only ever be asked one question for the rest of eternity ; "So, Piers, how did you get away with hacking those phones?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim_lyons wrote: »
    Haven't listened to TS since Tuesday - I refuse to support any station or instituation that hires Piers Morgan - and was wondering if he is now a permanent fixture in the TS schedules?

He should only ever be asked one question for the rest of eternity ; "So, Piers, how did you get away with hacking those phones?"

Nope, one off!
  • jim_lyonsjim_lyons Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, one off!

Thanks Frosty :) At least there is some good news :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Writing on another website I linked this old classic audio clip of Saggers losing it at the 2010 World Cup when Frank Lampard had that perfectly legal 'goal' wrongly disallowed against Germany and thought I'd share it on here again.

Did Saggers really say all this on air? [the swearing bits I mean] ... it's really a piece of incredible audio if he did.

Mark Saggers - It's a goal, it's a goal it's a goal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Writing on another website I linked this old classic audio clip of Saggers losing it at the 2010 World Cup when Frank Lampard had that perfectly legal 'goal' wrongly disallowed against Germany and thought I'd share it on here again.

Did Saggers really say all this on air? [the swearing bits I mean] ... it's really a piece of incredible audio if he did.

Did you hear The Two Mikes from last night? Very good as always, bit outdated now because it was all about the referendum but still quality. Very little sports talk, you'd love it! :D hehehe
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,582
    Forum Member

Have never heard the sweary version of that before Sounded a bit like me a few times last night with those ref results:(
    Am heading down the road to that there London shortly so will give tS a good listen, unless of course that oxygen thief Quinn is on Not in the mood for that numpty at all today
    BTW hope Boozy had a bet on the turnout That was a massive money tree
    Forum Member
    Jack I don't know why you think that?, I'm pretty convinced by now it is Matt. :D

...... Remember

....I think your barking up the wrong tree mate, the biggest clue is that.....I really don't think Matt likes girls, I have always thought that about him. Corbyn Dallas on the other hand loves the ladies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you hear The Two Mikes from last night? Very good as always, bit outdated now because it was all about the referendum but still quality. Very little sports talk, you'd love it! :D hehehe

I was watching the referendum all through the night on BBC and SKY TV, I didn't mean to stay up but it was so important I just couldn't quit it and ended up seeing every count come in except the very last one. [by the way what the hell took them so long to count the votes did they all fall asleep up there!!] :D

To be honest Mike Parry would have been my very last choice of presenter to spend time listening to all night on the referendum, he's amusing and it's good listening usually when paired with Graham but I definitely wouldn't have chosen that station to follow such a serious and important issue like that is but nevertheless I'm glad you enjoyed them of course.
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! The Sports Bar do get the dumbest callers. On the old quiz they did they asked multiple choice questions, and the amount of times the first person picked the wrong answer and they offered the question to the second person who said the same wrong answer was astounding and baffling! :D Gotta love it!

I heard that while on a break at work last night, as soon as he said "the 25th" the first thing that crossed my mind was Clips of the Week. The guy hadn't come across as being that daft before they got to the tiebreaker, it was just one of those moments when he completely misunderstood what he was asked. He must be cringing about it now looking back.

I quite like the new Back in Time quiz in the final quarter of an hour of the Mon-Thurs versions of The Sports Bar, it seems much more of a contest than the Who's Awake at 12.15 quiz it has succeeded, which seemed to encourage stupidity.

What does everyone make of that change and some of the other tweaks to The Sports Bar's format since the SportsYapper sponsorship began? They've swapped trivia quiz Obi Wan Question for one called Mastermind, the only real difference being that Ash now impersonates "Magnus Peter Clive Bamber Humphrys" rather than Obi Wan Kenobi and does I've started so I'll finish gags rather than use the force ones. They've also tweaked While You Were Listening into While You Were Yapping, with Ash reading out listeners' SportsYaps rather than sportspeople's tweets. To me that change doesn't make a blind bit of difference, the main things is always that Ash is still reading out the messages by using a variety of silly voices with his Mike Graham impersonation coming at the end. I've been listening for long enough to remember that feature just being Andy and Jason reading out the tweets in their normal voices, which was as dull as dishwater but was improved 100% by Ash's madness. Speaking of Ash, I may be wrong but I don't think he's done Dave Love since the SportsYapper sponsorship came in, I wonder if that segment is just taking a break or if they've decided to knock it on the head.
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was recorded off-air, not sure why they did that but it certainly wasn't broadcast live. If you listen carefully you can hear Jim Proudfoot and Stan Collymore commentating faintly in the background, which is what was being broadcast live at the time.

I guess you got that clip from the talkSPORT channel on YouTube (I guessed by the noise at the start and end of the clip), usually when that clip has been played on-air the word b*st*rd is bleeped out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....I think your barking up the wrong tree mate, the biggest clue is that.....I really don't think Matt likes girls, I have always thought that about him. Corbyn Dallas on the other hand loves the ladies.

It's intriguing to say the least I took a very long time to come to my conclusions over CorbynDallas, I've had PM's from certain people informing me of his true identity, one of them from someone associated with the radio station who also knows a few of Matt's close work friends who all confirmed it is him.

Also Corbyn disappearing from the forum except for one single post during the whole length of the Edinburgh comedy festival just recently cannot just be coincidence in my view and then suddenly springing back large as life as soon as it was over also tells me it's very likely it's him. :D

He supports Nottingham Forest as does Matt Forde, he likes visiting Hillsborough stadium he's told me during page conversations and has visited there regularly, ... Nottingham and Sheffield are just 30 miles apart it's just down the road!.

He's also obviously connected closely with the radio station because why else would he try to sell it us in every post he sends?, yes it could be a bluff to confuse but I don't think that myself I think it's Mr Forde trying to have a big laugh on us, possibly in cahoots with A. N. Other at the station maybe even Georgie seeing as he constantly slags her off on these pages. :D

Factor in that he's also not posting a much these days since being outed for who he is that is also a pointer. :kitty:

I guess there's only one surefire 100% rock solid piece of evidence left to know, we need to hear him laugh. :p
  • CorbynDallasCorbynDallas Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey guys,

Got that Friday feeling of not going out and missing the action? Well, get your radio/internet/TV/computer/phone dialled to TalkSport and get in on the Friday action!

Fridays are always great on TalkSport, get the latest sporting debate with KickOff, relax with some excellent banter from Andy Goldstein and the legend that is the lamb shank lover himself TalkSport's very own Bobby - gouldfather - Gould on the SportsBar which leads you into a great night of overnight radio! It is a great listen, I always stay up!

There is, in my humble opinion, no better way to get ready for the sporting weekend with everyone's team playing in the next few days catch all the build up on TalkSport.

And, if you stay up too late you can lie in and give Georgie Bingham a miss in the morning (Sorry Quinny!) and get up in time for the excellent Adrian Durham and Match Day Live.

It's all right now on your radio and its called TalkSport - I have to confess I love it and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Thanks guys for another great week of posts, keep it up and

CONGRATULATIONS TO BILLY244 or whatever your name is on being a Grandad x2:cool:

Keep it TalkSport:)
This discussion has been closed.