Options

Could Eastenders possibly get anymore utterly ridiculous?

Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
Forum Member
✭✭✭
has it ever been this low before?
this may be controversial: but i believe its now at its worse and is even worse than it was in the era during that lady with the cat and the ''noisy neighbour''.

its been horrific for a good couple of years now, but this whole Heather thing really has to be the final nail in the coffin.
those of us who have read the spoilers know whats going on and its just bizarre.
who is writing this show these days?!
what in gods name have they done to ben mitchell! :eek:
ben, who not long ago was mincing around to lady gaga with his sister.

and whats with this god awful derek character? did i blink and miss somthing, why is he running the club etc?

WHEN IS KIRKWOOD GOING TO GET THE MESSAGE AND DO ONE!!

Comments

• Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same thread another day!
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    Same thread another day!

Yes, it's almost as tedious as sitting through a whole episode of EastEnders these days :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    It's going to do in the next few weeks when
    Derek seduces Ben.
  • Options
    GameChangerGameChanger Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Yes, it's almost as tedious as sitting through a whole episode of EastEnders these days :)

Don't give up the day job will you...if you even have one that is.
  • Options
    Forum Member

There's no need to be insulting. It was only a joke!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster101 wrote: »
    this may be controversial: but i believe its now at its worse and is even worse than it was in the era during that lady with the cat and the ''noisy neighbour''.

its been horrific for a good couple of years now, but this whole Heather thing really has to be the final nail in the coffin.
    those of us who have read the spoilers know whats going on and its just bizarre.

and whats with this god awful derek character? did i blink and miss somthing, why is he running the club etc?

God knows why Derek still has his greasy mitts on the R + R. I guess coz Phil has refused to see anyone so he doesnt know about Delboy's antics. Its all pretty stupid.

I mean at Xmas we had Yusef chasing Zainab round the streets in her nightie...then coming back for a cup of tea....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    Derek seduces Ben.

the fact i dont even know whether thats a joke or not shows how ridiculous its got. :cool:
  • Options
    ThinkofanameThinkofaname Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Deleted post
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the fact i dont even know whether thats a joke or not shows how ridiculous its got. :cool:

I'd say it says more about you than EastEnders in all honesty...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup, this pretty much sums it up. And the bit in the spoiler would in all likelyhood beat whatever they've really got planned for the Tedious Toady Turd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    I'd say it says more about you than EastEnders in all honesty...

nope, uv lost me :confused:
  • Options
    Jeanie GoldJeanie Gold Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll cart Ben off to "meet Lady Gaga", but then as he's driven away in a Mormon-style wagon, Phil turns around and mutters "that's the last we'll be seeing of him". The duff duff of the episode is the wagon being wheeled of a cliff. Infact, no duff duff, just silence being broken by the cries of the poor horses.
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No the show is nowhere near as bad as it was back in them days, many were predicting the end of Eastenders back then, Emmerdale was constantly beating the show in the ratings and Eastenders was sinking to depths as low as 3.9 million viewers. The current ratings for the show aren't anything special but they're certainly nothing to worry about, although Corrie has been doing slightly better than Eastenders the last two weeks. There are some big things coming soon for the show...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unnecessarily rude...
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing the current Writers and Storyliners

Janine, Lola and (Rumoured Afia)

will all loose their baby's

Janine - Miscarrage
    Lola - Adoption
    Afia - Abortion
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    God some people seem to be at that time of the month going by some of the replies on this short thread! Take a chill pill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God some people seem to be at that time of the month going by some of the replies on this short thread! Take a chill pill.

Tell me about it lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    Unnecessarily rude...

Thanks, I thought so too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fear the show may be axed in a few years as viewers will continue to turn off. The personality transplants some of the characters have are alarming. Ben is not capable of murder and there is far too much emphasis on Derek.
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirkwood does need to go though, the show needs a fresh impetus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll cart Ben off to "meet Lady Gaga", but then as he's driven away in a Mormon-style wagon, Phil turns around and mutters "that's the last we'll be seeing of him". The duff duff of the episode is the wagon being wheeled of a cliff. Infact, no duff duff, just silence being broken by the cries of the poor horses.

Now that's unnecessarily cruel - we viewers deserve to see the death scene!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member

Don't sit through it then :D

OP, it's a soap, pretend, not real.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    Derek seduces Ben.
    My eyes! my eyes :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Don't sit through it then :D

OP, it's a soap, pretend, not real.

lol, there are two things that are guaranteed from rather militant EastEnders supporters in any thread that dares to be critical of their beloved program:

1. Someone will post how boring and repetitive such threads are

2. Someone will tell people who aren't enjoying it to switch off

FYI Generally speaking I don't watch EE very often these days, but one day, hopefully soon, all you posters that tell people to switch off will be begging us all to return :)
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    lol, there are two things that are guaranteed from rather militant EastEnders supporters in any thread that dares to be critical of their beloved program:

1. Someone will post how boring and repetitive such threads are

2. Someone will tell people who aren't enjoying it to switch off

FYI Generally speaking I don't watch EE very often these days, but one day, hopefully soon, all you posters that tell people to switch off will be begging us all to return :)

Hear hear DiscoP! After more than two years of dross and the writing being on the wall, people are starting to see sense and are switching off at last to something more constructive - either that or they are clearly switching over to watch a quality programmes instead - the competition isn't exactly stiff but obviously a winner as we watch the figures dip :D Yes, we all know where our off switch is located and i think people are really starting to catch on ;)