Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Kevin will go and visit Bill/Roseh, taking Jake with him, surely. They couldn't kill him off - little Jack has already lost his mum. If they're going to kill a Webster off can it please be Sofeh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, it was touched on previously, but the Eric and Eva storyline was far too rushed. It was all so sudden that he would want her as his "companion" having built a "connection" with her - they'd had a couple of heart to hearts out t'back and a disastrous family meal at the Bistro. Not much scope there for a meaningful, believable connection in my view. It would've been nice if Eric had stayed longer and really grown into a father type figure for Eva - it would've made his offer more believable and more tempting, as well as having more emotional impact when he sadly passes away. I liked him and thought he was sweet, but it did feel a bit like this old dude turned up, caused a bit of a ripple with his fat wallet, pulled a few "what have I let myself in for" faces, chatted to Eva (he never stared at her cleavage though so props to him for that) and then sat in a booth and died. It could've been a lot more.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hurley wrote: »
    chatted to Eva (he never stared at her cleavage though so props to him for that)

What does 'props' mean ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What does 'props' mean ?

It's slang - "props to him" is like saying "fair play to him"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    What does 'props' mean ?

I believe it means respect - as in 'proper respect'.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, it was touched on previously, but the Eric and Eva storyline was far too rushed. It was all so sudden that he would want her as his "companion" having built a "connection" with her - they'd had a couple of heart to hearts out t'back and a disastrous family meal at the Bistro. Not much scope there for a meaningful, believable connection in my view. It would've been nice if Eric had stayed longer and really grown into a father type figure for Eva - it would've made his offer more believable and more tempting, as well as having more emotional impact when he sadly passes away. I liked him and thought he was sweet, but it did feel a bit like this old dude turned up, caused a bit of a ripple with his fat wallet, pulled a few "what have I let myself in for" faces, chatted to Eva (he never stared at her cleavage though so props to him for that) and then sat in a booth and died. It could've been a lot more.

Timothy West: "I've always fancied being on Corrie"
    Corrie: "We'd be honoured, we'll write you a part"
    Timothy: "I don't want to be in it for long"
    Corrie: "No problem, we're used to writing that way".

Sorted! :cool:
  • Options
    ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching last night's Corrie ...

Even leaving aside the speed they got the notice in the paper I wondered why one would be necessary in the local paper at all - everyone locally who'd need to be told is in The Rovers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They found "Flash" at the tip!!! :rolleyes:

... and in remarkedly good condition - both tortoise and box!

Sorry, just realised they found Flash still alive - the plot is obviously too complicated for me! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. They were trying to write that Eric was realising what Gloria was like, surely he would have known this before.
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    We hear about the luxuries available to prisoners now, TVs in cells, etc. - they must now be offering the use of a tanning booth! :cool:

.... or he's the latest Corrie actor for whom the make-up people seem unable to tone down the holiday mahogany! :D

Would it be too much to ask the actors to stay out of the sun if the storyline requires it?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Eva walked out on her job. Eric asked her to leave with him. He dies and Eva gets her job back! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin will go and visit Bill/Roseh, taking Jake with him, surely. They couldn't kill him off - little Jack has already lost his mum. If they're going to kill a Webster off can it please be Sofeh?

If Kev does end up leaving, I'm hoping it will be the end of the Websters. Rosie's gone. So that will only leave Sally & Sophie. I like Sally but she'd be worth the sacrifice to get rid of Sophie. But I expect there will be some mahoosvie SOR to keep Sally and the banshee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's exactly it. They skated over the legalities of Kevin's official parentage as I remember, just mentioning that it had been done. But Kirsty obviously would not hand Ruby over as Tyrone did Jack, because Jack wasn't his child. Therefore Tyrone has to abide by the law, so there's no point in obtaining a DNA test when he can't use it legally.

I'd be very surprised if they did kill a child off. Seems to be a taboo.

With the way hastily written out characters are treated, I suspect we'll get a throwaway line about jack going to live with Pam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was sha-ting rather than shi-ting. I don't think ITV would be brave enough to let a character wear a t-shirt that was a hyphen and a letter 't' away from a swear word

Sha or Shi - still rude for Corrie! Either way, it's a Keith Lemon catchphrase! :D
  • Options
    ZebstrikerZebstriker Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, that's exactly it. They skated over the legalities of Kevin's official parentage as I remember, just mentioning that it had been done. But Kirsty obviously would not hand Ruby over as Tyrone did Jack, because Jack wasn't his child. Therefore Tyrone has to abide by the law, so there's no point in obtaining a DNA test when he can't use it legally.

I'd be very surprised if they did kill a child off. Seems to be a taboo.

They have already killed off one of Kevin's children. The baby he had with Alison died soon after it was born.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Lorri Lou wrote: »
    How did Gloria manage to get her obituary printed in the same day's newspaper?
    Would imagine it's the evening paper -- things like that have to be submitted in by noon.

Sexual attraction between Ryan and Katy built up too quickly; I mean Katy didn't look like she longed for him before the kiss.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's slang - "props to him" is like saying "fair play to him"
    I believe it means respect - as in 'proper respect'.

Thanks. I hadn't heard that phrase before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    If Kev does end up leaving, I'm hoping it will be the end of the Websters. Rosie's gone. So that will only leave Sally & Sophie. I like Sally but she'd be worth the sacrifice to get rid of Sophie. But I expect there will be some mahoosvie SOR to keep Sally and the banshee.

Unfortunately I'm sure you're right :mad: we'll be lumbered with Brooke Vincent for a while I fear. I don't mind Sally; she's quite amusing when she's gossiping and sucking up to people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I'm sure you're right :mad: we'll be lumbered with Brooke Vincent for a while I fear. I don't mind Sally; she's quite amusing when she's gossiping and sucking up to people.

Yes, biggest Corrie SOR - Brooke & her cuz - jobs for life!
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zebstriker wrote: »
    They have already killed off one of Kevin's children. The baby he had with Alison died soon after it was born.

I'd forgotten that - I wasn't watching Corrie at the time. I doubt very much that he'd lose another child. If Kevin doesn't return, Jack is a complication. Maybe they'll just never mention either of them again! Or there will be a brief reference to Tyrone buying the garage or similar. Then Ruby can join the others at the 24/7 childminder's.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Sha or Shi - still rude for Corrie! Either way, it's a Keith Lemon catchphrase! :D

David always has a different T shirt on, must cost him a fortune, he never washes them and wears them again.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would imagine it's the evening paper -- things like that have to be submitted in by noon.

Sexual attraction between Ryan and Katy built up too quickly; I mean Katy didn't look like she longed for him before the kiss.

I agree - no doub it will be a full flung affair and a decree absolute by the end of next week ;)
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So Jack can turn up in twenty years time looking for Tyrone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Jack can turn up in twenty years time looking for Tyrone

Yes, but a la Simon he will look nothing like either parent. :D
This discussion has been closed.