Options

Aliona is to be Brendan's leading lady

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
Forum Member
✭✭
Brendan's leading lady has suffered an injury and has had to drop out of his tour. Aliona is to replace her which I think is fantastic news. This will be a great partnership.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    That will help persuade my OH to book some tickets.
  • Options
    jeni28jeni28 Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    I hoped this was the case when he tweeted he was looking for a replacement . Going to look for tickets myself now. Speedy recovery to the original dancer .
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good for her. Of course sad for his French leading lady but that's the way it goes sometimes.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm happy that Aliona was able to step in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! I'm going to see his show in Dublin and love Aliona too, this has made my day.
  • Options
    musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Gutted fauke was breathtaking in her dancing �� and not a fan of aliona ��
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I may have to book tickets then.

Bless the other dancer, hope she recovers quickly.

Does anyone know why not Natalie as he dances with her on the show?
  • Options
    VintageWhineVintageWhine Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliona's becoming Supersub!:)
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunate that Brendan's leading lady got injured, but Aliona will be a good stand in. She always does well on tours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Ooh, my two favourite professionals together!! :)
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering we weren't even going to see Aliona this year, it's not turned out too bad;-)

Hope the other girl recovers soon. But good luck Brendan and Aliona:)
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Oh I may have to book tickets then.

Bless the other dancer, hope she recovers quickly.

Does anyone know why not Natalie as he dances with her on the show?

Natalie's doing the Live Tour and I think the dates would clash. Thank goodness I hadn't booked tickets for Brendan's tour yet this time. I can't abide Aliona at any price!:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Natalie's doing the Live Tour and I think the dates would clash. Thank goodness I hadn't booked tickets for Brendan's tour yet this time. I can't abide Aliona at any price!:(

Thank goodness you didn't. leave some for me:)
  • Options
    yosemitesamyosemitesam Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'd go to see Brendan's show no matter who his partner is, it's always a great night out and I usually only notice him anyway :blush:
  • Options
    ceeveepeeceeveepee Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Such a shame that Fauve is injured, she was really good both times I saw the show. I've never seen Aliona live so I hope it goes well for them both.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poshtamfan wrote: »
    Brendan's leading lady has suffered an injury and has had to drop out of his tour. Aliona is to replace her which I think is fantastic news. This will be a great partnership.

Oh dear more injuries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Booked tickets today. Lucky to get the only 3 seats together downstairs at our nearest venue.

Can't wait:)
  • Options
    LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    LOL, well that's annoying! My in-laws asked a few weeks back if I was interested in going to see Brendan's show because they know I'm a big SCD fan, but I'm not overly keen on Brendan so I said no. Had I known Aliona would be involved I would've paid for the tickets myself!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by tweets from Sophie's husband, I think Sophie could be performing the Charleston at a few of his shows.
  • Options
    Gill_BrettGill_Brett Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Just got my tickets for Brendan's show, I'm so pleased Aliona's taking part as I missed her in last years Strictly Tour. :D
    Wishing the other dancer a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    EMMAJCEMMAJC Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am delighted for Aliona. I'd say Mr Cole's v smart then!
  • Options
    socialdancersocialdancer Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Becky245 wrote: »
    Yay! I'm going to see his show in Dublin and love Aliona too, this has made my day.

Yay!! Me too! I've bought tickets for myself and my daughter as her Christmas present, she is a huge Brendan fan and will be thrilled when she sees I have seats five rows from the front in the centre :D:D
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always liked Aliona. What a brilliant dancer, but than that is my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,516
    Forum Member
    Sad for the French girl who was just fantastic last year, and wish her a speedy recovery :) Will be interested to see how Aliona dances, and if Sophie does a Charleston with Brendan too, that will really make my day :D
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Does Nicole Cutler (I know she's married now) not dance with Brendan on the tour anymore? Perhaps it's because of her daughter...?