Options

do 'swype' typing apps work on iPhone 5?

2»

Comments

• Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    In heat above what the phone is designed to work in, yes the battery will run down faster. I noticed this with my 4s while in Rhodes in 2012. Got barely half a day out of it when sunbathing not even using the phone. Did it with my s3 as well in the heat.

The new iPhone will do it as well!

Indeed. But the OP's phone battery draining in half an hour in the shade sounds like the phone/battery is faulty.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    To the OP simple answer is no, no such consumer friendly features I'm afraid in an iphone.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    No it won't. My iPhone has lasted me all day today and it's very hot where I am. As your last experience of iPhone was 2012 on the 4s model your experience is a little out of date.

My iPhone 5s has amazing battery life. The OP's problem is down to the horrifically poor battery life of Nexus devices combined with Androids poor battery management. Though I believe the next version of android improves battery's life by 36%.

So the current version must be operating with at least 36% inefficiency.

Oh here we go again!! Historically poor batter life!! Explain why my nexus 5 lasts as long as an iPhone 5s then please?

Also answer why did my iPhone did the same in the heat on holiday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    Indeed. But the OP's phone battery draining in half an hour in the shade sounds like the phone/battery is faulty.

Yup. Something not right there.

As for Jamie's post, I would ignore that tripe. I'll be glad when the schools are back!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

What about it?

That article is 8 months old based on a different OS. KitKat is much better with battery life. IOS has in fact for worse as some users have noticed.

Well done again for ignoring all the other points though!!
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found kitkat battery life to be much worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rjb101 wrote: »
    I've found kitkat battery life to be much worse.

On which phone. For better by miles on my nexus 5.
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsung gs4 on 4.4.2. There's loads on the web about kitkat battery drain
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Phone is again behaving normally inside my flat. Pity it's a "mobile"! I do need a new phone and the usual indecision has struck.
    I have no brand loyalty, just want one that works/good battery life when actually using the phone/good sound/best camera possible/can actually see the damn screen outdoors/swype typing.
    I'm a fairly light user, don't think the nexus 4 battery should have died within such a short time.
    I've had ongoing issues with Apple hardware too but have never had an iPhone (just dodgy iPads and macbook pros).
  • Options
    Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    It does seem kitkat is a battery drain on the nexus 5

http://www.wallstreetotc.com/android-4-4-4-kitkat-bugs-plague-many-users/25939/

Among the new problems which erupted with the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update includes bad battery life and keyboard lag in Nexus 5, Wi-Fi issues and random reboots in Nexus 7 , Dialer issues in Nexus 4, etc. These issues were present in the Android 4.4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Phone is again behaving normally inside my flat. Pity it's a "mobile"! I do need a new phone and the usual indecision has struck.
    I have no brand loyalty, just want one that works/good battery life when actually using the phone/good sound/best camera possible/can actually see the damn screen outdoors/swype typing.
    I'm a fairly light user, don't think the nexus 4 battery should have died within such a short time.
    I've had ongoing issues with Apple hardware too but have never had an iPhone (just dodgy iPads and macbook pros).

Like I said previously the LG-G3 is an amazing phone, but that 5.5inch QHD 2k screen is not battery friendly as you can imagine. Although it's not as bad as the Nexus devices I've owned.

Bias aside the iPhone 5s is a great little package and the battery life is more than good enough, or wait to the see what the next iphone offers?

I know someone with a HTC M7 an he says the battery life is good on that aswell.
  • Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ipad and iphone both shutdown (overheated) in the heat in the UK the other week, while streaming spotify in the sun.

Since switching from the iphone 4 to the nexus 5 I have to be more aware of my battery as it often wont last the day without an evening top up. My Iphone never had this issue with similar usage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks guys. I'm thinking nexus 5 if the phone dies soon. The new iPhone won't be out until october?
    Apart from the iPhone, these phones don't seem to really last more than 18 months.
    The current iPhone without swype typing is impossible for me with slightly reduced mobility in my right hand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good luck with your nexus 5 I'm sure it will more than meet your needs. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say I hope we helped in you decision making. The nexus 5 is a great package for its price.

I never thought about swype helping with mobility, as even with it you need to be able to reach every key.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good luck with your nexus 5 I'm sure it will more than meet your needs. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say I hope we helped in you decision making. The nexus 5 is a great package for its price.

I never thought about swype helping with mobility, as even with it you need to be able to reach every key.

And here we agree on something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the action of poking at a tiny key on a small screen is very difficult for me. Tracing a finger on a keyboard much easier and google's predictive text is pretty good. Even manages a bit of basic french when I whatsapp my mate in France.

thanks guys for the help. Nexus 4 is happy this morning with the cool weather and the rain :D