Options

Why is my hair taking so long to grow.

Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm trying grow hair around my chin and under my neck but it dosen't seem to be growing,

How long do i have to wait.

Comments

• Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats quite a strange beard youre growing...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    Thats quite a strange beard youre growing...

like round the side of the bottom of my face, i can't explain.

I'm thinking it will be sexy.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying grow hair around my chin and under my neck but it dosen't seem to be growing,

How long do i have to wait.

So, you're trying to purposely cultivate a 'Neckbeard'?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm struggling too! I want long hair in time for my wedding next August and it's hardly grown an inch in 12 months. :(
    I've put it down to age, I'm in my early 30s, when I was younger it seemed to grow in no time at all.
  • Options
    Rawr!Rawr! Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hair on my groin is doing a similar thing (i.e. not growing very quickly), it's getting a bit embarrassing in the showers having to explain every time that I had surgery two months ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying grow hair around my chin and under my neck
    Strange way to describe a beard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curls2006 wrote: »
    Strange way to describe a beard.

not a beard, atcully i ment not under the neck, just round the sides of my face, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    I'm struggling too! I want long hair in time for my wedding next August and it's hardly grown an inch in 12 months. :(
    I've put it down to age, I'm in my early 30s, when I was younger it seemed to grow in no time at all.

Now thats strange because when i was a teenager and would have loved to have shoulder length hair, mine never seemed to grow, and yet now i am older,a lot older!.....:eek: it grows in no time at all and can be halfway down my back before i know it!......
  • Options
    marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My hair grows about an inch a month, much quicker than it did when I was younger.
  • Options
    dropoutdropout Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to the hairdressers and ask then for some hair that they have swept up and just glue it to your chin.
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand what you mean really. But hair & nails grow the most between march & july apparently. Something like that anyway.
    If you mean the bit round your ears, you could be waiting a long time, my hair is halfway down my back, haven't had it cut for yonks, but it never grows round the ears, it's about 10cm's long? I thought that was normal...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    like round the side of the bottom of my face, i can't explain.

I'm thinking it will be sexy.

I'm thinking it won't be
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should grow about half an inch a month...

Try taking some supplements? Cod liver oil especially or a specific hair supplement. Also have a look at your diet...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not a beard, atcully i ment not under the neck, just round the sides of my face, if that makes sense.

Like I said above, that's a neckbeard! I'm all for individuality and personal choice, but why you would purposely try to grow such an abomination is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Like I said above, that's a neckbeard! I'm all for individuality and personal choice, but why you would purposely try to grow such an abomination is beyond me.

I believe it will make me look a bit more sexy. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe it will make me look a bit more sexy. :o

It won't though. What it will do is cause you to catch people having a sly look at you and giggling, most probably just before shouting "Oi, basement dweller" at you.
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone actually know what the OP is on about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Neckbeard
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I keep thinking he means what my grandson has started to get!, he is 16 and his dad is very hairy so it looks like he is going to take after him and he, (my grandson), has hair growing like there is no tomorrow down the sides of his face and under his chin, his cheeks though are strangly still hair free!, he needs to shave every couple of days i think and of course he cant be bothered to do that so the 'hair' keeps growing until we have to say 'have a shave!'..the look reminds me of those Amish people in America!.....:eek::D
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taking kelp makes hair grow. That's all hair...underarms, legs, head, face.