Options

Free TIVO box for all - allegedly !!!!

Wobbly SteveWobbly Steve Posts: 996
Forum Member
✭✭
Ok.... busy day in the office here, but stick with me lol....

My boss has just come out of his office and said to me that he has just been on to CS (looking for better deal) as $ky have been on to him making an offer.....

.... anyhoo, he was told by CS lady that all VM TV customers are to get a TIVO box as free upgrade....!!!

Now the gaffer has got BB M, TV XL +Sports and phone - so maybe they were dangling a carrot as it were - and gaffer cautioned that he felt that CS lady "didn't know what she was talking about"....

.... in short, he is allegedly going to receive a call from a VM bod "in a week or so..." .

Question - Anyone else had this "offer"?

Will update, if anything happens, in a week or so.....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he actually gets a call back I'll eat my shorts.
  • Options
    Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Just saw a pig flying over the house
  • Options
    timpotimpo Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Hoyle wrote: »

I hope they're the rubber type........:D
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Well if you look at the Virgin Media website.....new customers are able to take the TiVo 500GB STB foc and just pay 3 quid a month for the service....so it does have some substance to it.
  • Options
    JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    Ok.... busy day in the office here, but stick with me lol....

My boss has just come out of his office and said to me that he has just been on to CS (looking for better deal) as $ky have been on to him making an offer.....

.... anyhoo, he was told by CS lady that all VM TV customers are to get a TIVO box as free upgrade....!!!

Now the gaffer has got BB M, TV XL +Sports and phone - so maybe they were dangling a carrot as it were - and gaffer cautioned that he felt that CS lady "didn't know what she was talking about"....

.... in short, he is allegedly going to receive a call from a VM bod "in a week or so..." .

Question - Anyone else had this "offer"?

Will update, if anything happens, in a week or so.....

Just exactly where you all been?????????

VM have been giving away Tivos for nearly a month now

Suffice it to say:

VM customers MUST contact "retentions dept"
    CS wont give you the time of day, they are only interested in new business
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VM have been giving away Tivos for nearly a month now

Not totally free to everyone they haven't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil Berkett said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal that all TV customers will be using Tivo boxes in the next four or five years.

http://www.cable.co.uk/news/virgin-media-boss-says-tivo-response-has-been-better-than-good-800760492/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RadiorobFM wrote: »
    Neil Berkett said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal that all TV customers will be using Tivo boxes in the next four or five years.

http://www.cable.co.uk/news/virgin-media-boss-says-tivo-response-has-been-better-than-good-800760492/

Maybe so, but there's nothing about it being free, and thats whats being discussed at the present.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been on the phone to them. I have a normal box downstairs, wanted to get boxes in 2 bedrooms. First tivo would be £49.95 plus £3.00 a month extra. Second box would be £49.95 installation, plus £49.95 activation, plus an extra £9.50 per month! When I questioned it he said I should check it out online. No way am I paying that much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timpo wrote: »
    Maybe so, but there's nothing about it being free, and thats whats being discussed at the present.

From the quoted link above.....

All of the company's cable TV customers will have been upgraded to the TiVo service within the next four to five years, Mr Berkett added.

... kind of infers a free upgrade to me... but then again I may be reading it wrong !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the quoted link above.....

All of the company's cable TV customers will have been upgraded to the TiVo service within the next four to five years, Mr Berkett added.

... kind of infers a free upgrade to me... but then again I may be reading it wrong !

Im not really disagreeing with that Steve, what i am saying is that at the moment ( not in four/ five years time) there are some people, both existing and new customers, being waived the installation and activation charge for TiVo, and just paying the extra £3 per month for the TiVo box, and my argument is this, its not fair that some are getting it totally free and others are not, ok i understand why they want to attract new customers with better offers, but some existing customers are being treated like new customers also, and this cannot be right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    valskey wrote: »
    Just been on the phone to them. I have a normal box downstairs, wanted to get boxes in 2 bedrooms. First tivo would be £49.95 plus £3.00 a month extra. Second box would be £49.95 installation, plus £49.95 activation, plus an extra £9.50 per month! When I questioned it he said I should check it out online. No way am I paying that much.

Contact retentions department - you're guaranteed free Tivo albeit might be expected to start new contract
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RadiorobFM wrote: »

Not me, if I have to pay the £49 install fee, virgin need to drop the install fee, then they might get everyone asking for tivo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    JethroUK wrote: »
    Contact retentions department - you're guaranteed free Tivo albeit might be expected to start new contract

I've tried twice with them now, but no luck. Free TiVo but they are insistent upon the installation costs - I must just be very unlucky or something :(
  • Options
    in2deepin2deep Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering - what's the big difference between the 500Gb and 1Tb TIVOs (apart from disk space), that makes a 1Tb box pricier to install?

Would prefer the 1Tb box, but not at £49.95 twice for activation and installation!! Ridiculous pricing.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    join up to this forum just to make this point.
    I have been given a completely "free" TiVo box.
    Long standing user of Virgin. I called retentions to see if I could get a price cut.

Offered & accepted

TiVo Box, move V+ to other room BB L, TV XL, phone

at a total cost of £43.90. was paying £54.90

No Activation charge no install charge.

Yes I have a ticket number & Reps full name
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Thankyou for this, Free Tivo on way!!!! Retentions is the way way forward!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Bally71 wrote: »

You are welcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    2 more guys getting with the VM programme

Well done!!
    itshim3 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Long standing user of Virgin. I called retentions to see if I could get a price cut.

Offered & accepted

Bally71 wrote: »

and remember:
    VM customers MUST contact "retentions dept"
    CS wont give you the time of day, they are only interested in new business
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    itshim3 wrote: »
    Hi,

Offered & accepted

I asked you this already, but you still haven't supplied the above details, is there a problem?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Hoyle wrote: »

Tony - you won't be getting indegestion !!!
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You won't of course be able to get a free Tivo box if you are only on TV M, as you need to be on at least TV M+ (for some reason...).
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    Skip Virgin altogether and get a Free 1TB box and Installation from Comet or Curry's I forgot which one will check again next week, providing you
    upgrade your Broadband at the same time
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Skip Virgin altogether and get a Free 1TB box and Installation from Comet or Curry's I forgot which one will check again next week, providing you
    upgrade your Broadband at the same time

I was in my local Curry's yesterday buying some headphones and can't say I noticed any mention of Tivo or Virgin Broadband. I could have missed it though or perhaps my local store isn't cabled up to demonstrate it.

Or it could simply be in Comet.
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    mersey70 wrote: »
    I was in my local Curry's yesterday buying some headphones and can't say I noticed any mention of Tivo or Virgin Broadband. I could have missed it though or perhaps my local store isn't cabled up to demonstrate it.

Or it could simply be in Comet.

I saw the stand with the picture of the Tivo on the box that you had to take to the checkout to sign up to the offer, I only saw it in the local Bedford one though,
    I have not managed to check other stores yet apart for the one below

It was not in the Comet store in Huntingdon when I checked yesterday

So if it is in Comet's, it will only be in the Bedford one, so far